• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Never really heard of the Rodney King thing since I was only 2 when it happened but I just found that 53 people were killed and 2383 were injured and riots caused about $1 billion in damage. He was only beat up by cops. Can't imagine what will happen since some actually died this time.

I remember when this went down. I was dumbstruck over the events. I was older than you but still sorta young. Society has NOT gotten any more advanced. If anything we are sitting on a powder keg.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    I will start carrying extra mags and guns with me for the forseeable future. Probably my pistol grip 12 gauge will move to the jeep under the seat.

I'll drive that uhaul truck frank!

flyandscuba

Master
    U-Haul... Better a "Best Buy" Tractor Trailer to really draw them in! :wink:

I think the main stream media would love to see riots in the streets geometric in porportion to the Rodney King-era riots. It will be "good for business/ratings". Plus, when the peaceful residents fight back to protect their businesses and property -- it will re-kindle the gun control debate when the poor unarmed and misunderstood teens are slaughtered in the streets becaue of "racial injustice"...

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/n-word-boosts-cnn-ratings-90-percent-232804540.html

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Is the trial not on today? Y'all ain't keeping me updated.

Snow Bird

Master
    John the trial is on but they are at lunch right now.

Deersniper270

Master
    Trial is on now. Prosecution is out of witnesses and the defense is moving for an acquittal based on lack of anything to give any reasonable notion that Zimmerman is guilty. Then the prosecution will rest it's case with the jury present. Zimmerman's lawyer is dishing out a very convincing argument right now for Zimmerman's acquittal.

Patoz

Marksman
    NewsRadio1620
    5 minutes ago near Pensacola

BREAKING: Gun shots reported on the 400 block of 72nd Avenue...Emergency crews can't attend to victims just yet because the sheriff's office told them the scene is not yet secure. Scanner traffic indicates as many as 3 patients may need attention...
    -Jeff Knox
    https://www.facebook.com/NewsRadio1620?hc_location=stream

This is only a few blocks from my house. I just heard at least one is dead, so I guess it's starting already.

Last edited:

Patoz

Marksman
    Motion of acquittal is denied. The jury will give judgement

Not yet...more witnesses and testimony first. Now the real trial begins. Court is in recess until Monday morning.

Last edited:

JohnnyRuger

Expert
    The judge was probably scared that CNN would air her address and SSN if she acquitted Zimmerman this quickly.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah the defense put on their case, then ask again for an acquittal, then closing arguments then to the jury. Defense does not have to say much as the prosecution has already proved Z is innocent.

Lock and Load!! Shooting tied to the trial??

Deersniper270

Master
    Wow on MSNBC they are talking about the trial and a defense attorney just said what shocked him was Zimmerman never tried to revive or help Trayvon after he shot him. Wtf how ignorant can people be???

You just tried to kill me so I shot you. Oh let me help keep you alive... What a joke

Patoz

Marksman
    ...Lock and Load!! Shooting tied to the trial??

Not much info yet...

One dead in deputy-involved shooting in Escambia County

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130705...dead-deputy-involved-shooting-Escambia-County

Frank, this area is just NW of Corry Station/Naval Hospital and has a lot of military residents, both permanent and temporary. I guess we'll find out more at 6pm.

Update: Pnj updated this article at 6pm, and apparently it was a robbery suspect with a gun. However...

"It was 50 to 70 shots, easy," he said. "Then, you see (deputies) running from the back of the buildings telling people to get out."
    This item probably needs it's own thread because I imagine it's going to get good.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Watched the closings today and I thought BOTH sides gave good arguments. The judge had already looked at case law and made her decision on that. As in any trial both sides brought up good points that the jury will probally never get to hear. Hate it when they make the jury go out in a trial like this. I feel that the jury dosen't get the whole case and some things are sometimes hard to get brought in. Thats what got OJ off... Some members of the jury said they would have found him guilty if they had everything that we on the outside new....Sure like the shirt Ian and it was good to see you again.

Top Bottom