• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Saw a spike, 4 does and 2 fawns this morning and a spike and a doe this evening, 9 deer watched in all today. Looking for a set of horns, may take a single doe this season to make some jerky.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    I am still hopeful for an opening in a club in Baldwin and an opportunity to join

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Perdido River WMA was quiet on the east side. Very few shots and I saw nothing moving.
    I want to check that place out. I picked up a map and it looks like it would be a promising area. I’d like to hunt it with my 44 and not my rifle.

rkflorey

Marksman
    Guys working there are ok but the state hasn't planted the food plots in the wma in the 3 years I have been here. They just clear cut a bunch of timber so it seems like it's not being taken care of by th state only used...

Only place I got that's reasonably close by...Just my 2 cents

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    My bride was in the stand by 2pm. Deer were out acting frisky. Biggest she saw was a 4pt. Saw some young bucks "hooking" the does. She sent a video of a bucking bronco 4 pt acting crazy. Something stayed off in the woods around dark, she couldn't I'd so no shot.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Saw nothing on Sat east of Jackson, AL. Talked to the guy that has a 240 acre lease near me and he said that they saw nothing on Sat , deer were simply not moving. I thought that it would sound like a "war zone" on opening day but heard very little shooting. Did kill one doe on Sun morning. Friend and I hunted Sat, Sun and Mon morning and saw only the one doe that I killed. Had a lot of pics of deer feeding the food plots over night, however, little movement sunrise to sunset.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Deer are as busy as fire ants on my lease, moving all hours of the day. I think the cooler weather got them more active than usual. Watched 30+ deer over the weekend. Cell cameras about to melt my phone with so many pics coming in.

Top Bottom