• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishingjean

Master
    Just stopped by walmart in pace after takeing my daughter to school, thought i would brose through the ammo section well, forget that, must have been 20-30 folks in line, did they camp out???? Is there still ammo scare???? Turned around an went home!!! Denny in pace

dead-bird

Marksman
    They probably just know when the truck with the ammo comes.

Gotta get it all before the greedy people show up...

Welldoya

Master
    Apparently they used the app and saw that .22 was supposed to come in. Some might need it for their own use but the regulars will run home and put it on the Internet at 2-3 times the price.
    I doubt they got in enough for that many people to get 3 boxes each.
    I was in Walmart about 7:30 a couple of mornings ago to pick up a few groceries.
    I checked the ammo counter and there was actually a box of Winchester 555 in there so I told the clerk I wanted it.
    He said he got a case of 10 boxes in and 3 guys that were there before me each bought 3 boxes.

budbreak96

Expert
    What is so special about a .22 period? Besides the ammo being a little cheaper so you can go shoot. But a lot of the people I know that have .22's want to buy it and stockpile it. What is a .22 going to do in a bad situation? You would have to do headshots or shoot them 10 times compared to once or twice with a .380, .40 or stronger.

M.O.A.

Master
    Just stopped by walmart in pace after takeing my daughter to school, thought i would brose through the ammo section well, forget that, must have been 20-30 folks in line, did they camp out???? Is there still ammo scare???? Turned around an went home!!! Denny in pace

We call it the gathering. Lol. Same guys every time. We live pretty close so get to witness it often. And yes. Most of them are reselling it. Hopefully those days are coming to an end though.

budbreak96

Expert
    Isn't that considering price gouging? I remember during Ivan people doing that and getting arrested for it.

What is so special about a .22 period? Besides the ammo being a little cheaper so you can go shoot. But a lot of the people I know that have .22's want to buy it and stockpile it. What is a .22 going to do in a bad situation? You would have to do headshots or shoot them 10 times compared to once or twice with a .380, .40 or stronger.
    They can carry more ammo when running from the zombies.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    When I shoot my 22 rifles or pistols, I usually go through a brick of ammo. I use to stop by Wal Mart before the range and pick up ammo for that day. Use to mean all day fun for around $20. Never had 22 lr stocked in my safe except for a couple boxes of CCI Mini Mag. Those days are gone. So if I happen to go by Wal Mart and they have 22 ammo, I will usually buy it whether I need it or not. I don't turn around and sell it for a ridiculous price. I use it and share it with my shooting buddies. I will also not pay a ridiculous price for the ammo because you can find it online if you get on the websites notification list.

So stop feeding the animals and eventually, they will starve and become extinct.

Welldoya

Master

Some of us own more than one gun.
    I really like a good .22 for target shooting. It's not just all about Zombies.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Some of us own more than one gun.
    I really like a good .22 for target shooting. It's not just all about Zombies.

and some of us have a bunch of grand kids that the first thing they say when coming in the door is NOT "Hi Grandpa". It's "Grandpa, can we go out back and shoot?"

Jherexx

Expert

The problem with .22s, it's the only round I can't reload. So when I see it in stock, I'll pick up a brick or 2. No sense in having .22 firearms if you don't have the ammo to shoot it.

pavegunner1

Expert
    and some of us have a bunch of grand kids that the first thing they say when coming in the door is NOT "Hi Grandpa". It's "Grandpa, can we go out back and shoot?"
    Exactly John.....my grandson loves shooting and spending quality time in the back yard plinking.

Va boy

Marksman
    What is so special about a .22 period? Besides the ammo being a little cheaper so you can go shoot. But a lot of the people I know that have .22's want to buy it and stockpile it. What is a .22 going to do in a bad situation? You would have to do headshots or shoot them 10 times compared to once or twice with a .380, .40 or stronger.[/QUOTE

You can hunt with it, defend yourself, easily carry and store 1K rounds, use in many platforns (rifle/pistol), teach kids, grandkids and spouses. For many its their initial training round for gun classes. So versatility I guess is a strong point. My question is, how many folks are left willing to pay inflated prices?

Last edited:

steve

Marksman
    Hwy 29 Walmart had a case of bricks that sold pretty quickly this morning but still had 50rd boxes for $2.50 or so. They have also lifted the 3 box max on everything except .22 and they had just about every cal in stock.

TraderDan

Master

Gotta tell them like it is, "Break out the milk money boo-boo these bullets are going on your tab!"

Seanpcola

Hwy 29 Walmart had a case of bricks that sold pretty quickly this morning but still had 50rd boxes for $2.50 or so. They have also lifted the 3 box max on everything except .22 and they had just about every cal in stock.

Yep, I.was there about noon and they had a lot of the usual stuff, looked like the old days but they were sold out of .22lr by then. Lots of 100 round WWB in 9MM and .45, popular rifle rounds, shot shells.

Katartizo

Shooter
    Several of the walmarts put their ammo out at 8am everyday when they get it. I have stood in the line a few times. As far as people buying and then marking it way up, IMO that is not right. If folks would stop doing that, there would be no shortage on at least the .22 maybe. The government isn't buying .22 in any of the articles I have read. That means we must be causing the shortage by hoarding or buying them to resale them ourselves. Just my opinion. I am probably wrong. I was in Academy in November and they were keeping the 9,45,22,38 and a few others it seems like up front. As I was about to pay 4.95 for a 50 round box of 22, the guy opened a box and pulled out two buckets of Remington 22. I asked what it was and cost. He said 68.00. I thought it was 500 and said i will take one. It was 1400 rounds! I had never seen that bucket anywhere else and i have never seen another since.
    Joe

Welldoya

Master
    The buckets of the Remington have been around a while. Dick's had them during their grand opening and they show up on the Internet from time to time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom