• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    Sitting at the Cordova Target making a "deposit" while the wife shops for body wash. Told her of the GCGF proposed boycott and she was not swayed to join in and entered with her CONCEALED weapon without a second thought.

Biggest reason not to come is the damn crazy drivers in the parking lot. Almost got sideswiped coming in and then run over by a MILF in a minivan walking up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Honestly I love the popcorn...It's probably going to give me cancer or something. Only reason I go in there

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Reading through the thread it appears to be just like the others we've had. Did anyone take time to read Target's original statement (http://abullseyeview.com/2014/07/target-addresses-firearms-in-stores/)? It was the open carry idiots they didn't want in their stores and the statement says nothing about concealed carry.

Saw that ABC news did a report on Open Carry Texas. Some enlightening video but otherwise normal MSM drivel.

ABC News' Byron Pitts reports on the controversial Texas group pushing for the open carrying of guns.

Taking Aim Over 'Open Carry' Laws

Fletch

Master
    I just read in an article that the President of Open Carry Texas and one organizing these stupid rallies is none other than notorious attention seeker CJ Grisham. He is the Army Sgt. who got arrested awhile back walking down a highway with his son and AR at the front ready position and threw a hissy fit when the police stopped him. There was a thread here about his antics a while back. He is also known for making an ass of himself at a school PTA meeting and making false claims about taking out 6 charging Iraqis with nothing but a sidearm. A well known imbedded combat reporter said Grisham was highly unstable, never left the comfort & safety of the green zone, and was basically full of shit.

He appears to be an attention seeking douchebag who has obviously found some other attention seeking douchebags to follow his lead in the name of patriotism and the 2nd amendment. I won't be making any decisions about boycotts based on understandable corporate responses to the antics of these asshats.

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I won't be making any decisions about boycotts based on understandable corporate responses to the antics of these asshats.

I hate it that this is happening but I have to agree with you.

I almost never shop at Target simply because it's too far but my mom likes to go a couple times per year and I have to drive her.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No matter I am staying out of Target anyway, I remember how they treated toy for tots and the Marines too.

Snow Bird

Master
    I wonder if any responsable gun owners told these friggen jurks to stop,or just looked on?

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman

TraderDan

Master
    I just found a box of .22 with Target price tag on it, I don't remember them selling ammo? marked 1.39 per 50 wildcat so could not have been long ago.

kendive

Master
    Are you willing to dump every anti-gun business? I hope you don't like gas, electricity, TV, clothing, shoes, buying food at a grocery store, ever need a lawyer or a cop, better be getting rid of the cell phones, cable TV, hospitals; the list goes on. I can't think of a single large company that doesn't have a no weapons policy in some way shape or form. If I were you guys I'd go all in and dump all of the companies of those industries en mass. Ever shop at a Tom Thumb? They are anti-gun owned by the antigun corporation Kroger.

Here is a short list to get started with

http://www.libertyfederation.com/blog/boycott-list-anti-gun-companies-corporations-and-celebrities

My point being, that you would be sitting in the dark with no place to go if you decide to boycott every anti-gun business. But if you're going to boycott a business over their gun policy do it right and boycott all of them, not just the ones that are convenient to boycott. Me saying I'm going to boycott target is like me saying I'm going to boycott Ferrari; it's meaningless because I don't shop there anyways. I'm sure most of the people who jump on the boycott band wagon already don't shop there either so it's easy to say you will boycott them.

Just buy online only... : ) oh and live off the grid. Easy enough to do.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    If I can I boycott, if not I don't pretty simple really

kendive

Master
    Anyone who thinks they are going to live totally off the grid or under the radar in 2014 is delusional.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Maybe not off the radar (Not what I meant) But live off the power grid yes very possible. I have a few friends doing it now and I am building a small off grid cabin using solar on our property.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Maybe not off the radar (Not what I meant) But live off the power grid yes very possible. I have a few friends doing it now and I am building a small off grid cabin using solar on our property.

Off the power grid and off the grid are two different concepts; I agree it's not difficult to move off the power grid.............until the utility lobbies succeed in pressuring law makers to require it to be metered and excess sold to power companies at cut rate rates. Then a person won't be using the grid, but will be back on the grid. I think it's only a matter of time because as solar, wind etc. become more affordable to install, the power companies will begin to lose money.

kendive

Master
    Off the power grid and off the grid are two different concepts; I agree it's not difficult to move off the power grid.............until the utility lobbies succeed in pressuring law makers to require it to be metered and excess sold to power companies at cut rate rates. Then a person won't be using the grid, but will be back on the grid. I think it's only a matter of time because as solar, wind etc. become more affordable to install, the power companies will begin to lose money.

Even if solar was dirt cheap I still don't see bunches of people removing there grid tied power and going 100% solar. Maybe they would do a grid tied system but Grid tie solar systems added to homes that are already connected to the grid are only good for bragging rights for rich people. I looked into it and then talked myself out of it. Not worth it In our area...

Going to a off grid system is not just plug and play. You need to have a good understanding of DC Voltage systems and charging and maintaining batteries. Sure most people have boats with trolling motors and keep there batteries up and running but solar is a different beast. Also there is all kinds of ways to get solar power to the batteries PWM and MPPT are the two main types of charge controllers then you need to have a good battery monitoring system with a good 500amp or bigger shunt. I just don't' see the average person getting into this... So I don't think the big power companies have anything to worry about.

Also most people are not going to cut back on there KWH usage. The average household probably uses 30 to 100 KWH per day or more. You are not going to install solar and replace that kind of usage it can be done but you better have a few acres of cleared land for panels and lots of money. It's way cheaper to be connected to the grid. I have a friend that lives in Hawaii and the KWH rates are crazy like 50 cent or higher and he installed a grid tied system with batteries using the Outback Island Inverters. They are the only ones today that can handle Grid tied and switch to battery in one inverter. He runs two 4000 watt inverters. That's alot of power and alot of money. In his case grid tied makes since because of the price of electricity. He runs (8) T-105 batteries. That around 2000 dollars worth of batteries.

I guess if our power ever went that high people would want some type of solar just to help out. If that happen around here I would move or just live in a micro home and be off grid. It takes alot of changes but really not that bad.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Even if solar was dirt cheap I still don't see bunches of people removing there grid tied power and going 100% solar. Maybe they would do a grid tied system but Grid tie solar systems added to homes that are already connected to the grid are only good for bragging rights for rich people. I looked into it and then talked myself out of it. Not worth it In our area...

Going to a off grid system is not just plug and play. You need to have a good understanding of DC Voltage systems and charging and maintaining batteries. Sure most people have boats with trolling motors and keep there batteries up and running but solar is a different beast. Also there is all kinds of ways to get solar power to the batteries PWM and MPPT are the two main types of charge controllers then you need to have a good battery monitoring system with a good 500amp or bigger shunt. I just don't' see the average person getting into this... So I don't think the big power companies have anything to worry about.

Also most people are not going to cut back on there KWH usage. The average household probably uses 30 to 100 KWH per day or more. You are not going to install solar and replace that kind of usage it can be done but you better have a few acres of cleared land for panels and lots of money. It's way cheaper to be connected to the grid. I have a friend that lives in Hawaii and the KWH rates are crazy like 50 cent or higher and he installed a grid tied system with batteries using the Outback Island Inverters. They are the only ones today that can handle Grid tied and switch to battery in one inverter. He runs two 4000 watt inverters. That's alot of power and alot of money. In his case grid tied makes since because of the price of electricity. He runs (8) T-105 batteries. That around 2000 dollars worth of batteries.

I guess if our power ever went that high people would want some type of solar just to help out. If that happen around here I would move or just live in a micro home and be off grid. It takes alot of changes but really not that bad.

I don't disagree given the current cost of doing a system. We looked at going solar and it just wasn't cost effective given that our electric comes from a not for profit co-op and the rates are reasonable. When we priced it out the solar system would pay for itself right about the time it would be due for replacement/upgrade provided it lasted that long without needing any major replacement parts. So other than bragging rights about being "off the electric grid" there really wasn't a good financial reason to convert.

kendive

Master
    So other than bragging rights about being "off the electric grid".

Being off the grid is not bragging rights it's a life style and for the ones doing it have a very rewarding life style. But it's not for everyone.

Jason

Master
    Ken, you'll never be off my grid!!! hahahaha I know where ta find ya!!! YEEHAW!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Being off the grid is not bragging rights it's a life style and for the ones doing it have a very rewarding life style. But it's not for everyone.

You partially quoted me and out of context. For me the only reason to go off the electrical grid is because it's more economical, if it's not more economical, there is no reason. When I lived in Washington state the area where I hunted and shared a small cabin with a friend solar would be more economical than trying to extend power 8 miles, here in the Panhandle where I have a power pole in my front yard, it doesn't make economical sense. Doing it would be for no other reason than to be able to say "I'm using environmentally friendlier solar not that dirty worn out power grid." Lifestyle or not, if it doesn't make economical sense, it's useless to me.

Top Bottom