• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkitzel250

Expert
    Glock ,xd, m&p. All good guns. I personally have a G22 and love everything about it. You need to go handle them and come to a decision yourself.

Gravity3694

Expert
    matel is plastic, Glocks are hardly plastic as we know common plastic.

Shh, polymer. Glock get very upset when someone calls it plastic. They like how sophisticated polymer sounds.

At the dinner table I tell people to pass the Polymer-ware in lieu of silverware (when its plastic).

rholster3

Banned
    My M&P Shield 9 is the best one for my personal tastes. Glock makes a great product and very reliable. But I've shot over 500 rounds through the Shield (other than one misfire) it has been perfect. Slim single stack so it is slim, easy to carry concealed, two choices of mags (8 and 7 rounder), smooth trigger reset and very acurate. But that's my one personal tasted, and my two cents worth.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Glock 19 hands down for me. Most versatile 9mm out there IMO..

But you know what they say opinions are like...

SAWMAN

Master
    In my personal opinion,speaking 9mm only,as per the OP ------> GLOCK 19. --- SAWMAN

flyandscuba

Master
    "Best 9mm"? It depends... Are you going to actually carry this pistol on a daily basis -- and want something reliable, accurate but yet easy to conceal and comfortable to carry? If that is the case -- I have a few recommendations. The M&P Shield 9 is a great choice. Springfield's XDS is coming out in 9mm as well. I personally carry two Sig Sauer P938s on a daily basis -- one in a pocket as a back-up, and one on my side with the extended magazine as a primary. A great choice that I discovered and has been "claimed" by my bride is the Bersa BP9cc (not the Thunder -- a totally different and new polymer pistol). The BP9cc has one of the best out of the box triggers that I've found on a slimline compact 9mm pistol.

If this going to be a range pistol, or bedside table pistol, my choice would be the Walther PPQ, M&P 9 full size, or Glock 19.

Now, if "best" really means "finest" - the Sig P210 and the HK P7M8 gets my vote. I have a P7M8 currently available for sale... :wink:

Stagman

Master
    Frank

What's the difference between the G17 and G19?

Not much at all I have laid a G19 on top of a G17 it's not much maybe half inch difference in the slide and grip so I went with the 17. I like the 17 so much that I bought a gen4 26 and added a pearce grip extension so I can get a full grip. Now I find myself grabbing my 26 a lot more than my 17 heck the 26 shoots just as good as my 17 and to me the 26 is more fun to shoot.

rholster3

Banned
    I have to agree with Sawman and Fupa. The 19 is probably the best overall 9mm. I used to own one a long time ago. The reason I love the Shield is that it can be concealed better. Also the Glock also is simpler to field strip. I would see whats available and maybe look up the reviews or even YouTube them. What myself or the others like may not be what you like.

wildrider666

Master
    I agree that a 9mm Glock is the best choice in 9mm. I would refine it further due to your comment that size was not an issue. I recommend the Glock 34. It is the Practical/Tactical model. Full high cap mags, Adj sights, longer sight radius, extended slide and magazine release and the lightest trigger Glock offered. This is the most favored gun at IDPA Matches. Here is the list:

http://www.idpa.com/blog/post/2012/04/20/Glock-and-SW-Make-Up-67-of-IDPA-World-Shoot-Guns.aspx

http://idpashooting.wordpress.com/2009/02/21/top-10-most-popular-idpa-guns/

Here is a used one in Melborn FL
    https://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=280695

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    The XDS is going to be coming out in 9MM... I will own one for sure, I love carrying the 45!

For general range use, I love my SIG 226's... Great guns!

moron1

Expert
    This is the golden age of 9mm handguns. So many choices and many are super reliable. For carry I would always choose one that you don't have to manipulate anything but the trigger to fire. KISS if for self defense.

bowserb

Shooter
    The G19 is widely regarded is the best one-gun-for-everything pistol. Compact but with a long enough grip for all your fingers. Very light, but still with a 4" barrel and decent mag capacity (unless you have the misfortune of living in NY). Glock has the only line of pistols in this mid size range. The G 19, 22, 32, and 38 are all excellent choices also for concealed carry--we'll, except for maybe the G38 in the expensive and hard to find .45GAP.

I carried a G19 for several years before selling it to a friend, when I decided to go all .45ACP. Only caution is the grip angle, which some people find to be a problem, so you might want to rent one first.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

DaBreeze

Master
    Love my sig 938. Check it out. Beautiful gun it's like a micro 1911

Drauka99

Marksman
    The CZ that was at the Pensacola gun show a while back almost had me with a 9mm

Top Bottom