• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steponapoptop

Expert
    I am a big fan of my g19, walther pps and kahr cm9. The kahr carries well in our warm weather and the glock is amazing at the range. The pps fits right in the middle. I think all the recommendations are pretty good. Good luck in choosing one and let us know!

bronxbomber252

Shooter
    It is hard to go wrong withe Glock 19, I just can't get excited about Glock. I don't like how they feel as much as other guns. When we were testing different 9mm handguns we really liked the S&W M&P's. But absolutely fell in love with the Walther PPQ, about the same size as a 19, just as simple, and really ergonomic. Not to mention an incredible trigger. The PPQ has become the do it all pistol for both me and my wife.

Deersniper270

Master
    Love my sig 938. Check it out. Beautiful gun it's like a micro 1911

I've been looking at one of those to replace my P238. Can't seem to ever find one though to get a feel for it.

I love my P238 so a P938 would be the same but in 9mm. I dig that.

On another note, I think I've narrowed it down to the G19, PPQ, or an M&P from y'all's reviews and online reviews. I like the way the Berettas look too though haha. It's going to be a tough decision.

Stagman

Master
    I don't know about the ppq but between the m&p and G19 you can't go wrong with either the main determining factor will come down to how it feels in your hand they are both great guns I looked at both before I settled on a glock another reason I chose glock is you can walk in just about any gun store and find all kinds of glock accessories for sale. Good luck let us know which one you buy

DaBreeze

Master
    I've been looking at one of those to replace my P238. Can't seem to ever find one though to get a feel for it.

I love my P238 so a P938 would be the same but in 9mm. I dig that.

On another note, I think I've narrowed it down to the G19, PPQ, or an M&P from y'all's reviews and online reviews. I like the way the Berettas look too though haha. It's going to be a tough decision.

I would be happy to let you fondle my P938 if you would like. IF interested PM me your location.

armyguardus

Expert
    And everyone is forgetting the best one of all a Springfield xdm I own several springfields and everyone of them are amazingly accurate I have one for concealed carry one for my service weapon and two for compention and my wife has two as well very food very trusted and accurate weapons in all calibers

bowserb

Shooter
    And everyone is forgetting the best one of all a Springfield xdm I own several springfields and everyone of them are amazingly accurate I have one for concealed carry one for my service weapon and two for compention and my wife has two as well very food very trusted and accurate weapons in all calibers
    I really like the SA XD/XDM. I carried an XD-9 Subcompact for a while, but the short grip was a problem, although mitigated somewhat by Pearce mag bottom plates with their handy little finger holder. The XD subcompacts (now known in the XDM line as just compacts) are generally a little chunky for their barrel lengths and capacities. The Xtended mags for these stubby grips are too wobbly and don't work for me.

XDM Disappointment: If you look at the XDM line, there is a missing item in the standard 3.8" segment--the .45ACP. There's a .45 in the full size 4.5" (I own one), and there is a Compact 3.8", but in standard 3.8, there is only 9 and 40. Too bad, because that would be an excellent .45ACP carry pistol--with a longer grip and greater mag capacity than the compacts. I do carry the 4.5" (Trijicon night sights, and with a flashlight when it's on the nightstand), but it is a little heavier and a little longer than I would prefer. The midrange size is what makes the Glock G19, 23, 32, 38 line so popular. Smaller than full size, but still with a long enough grip and mag capacity. Of course, Glock has shot itself in the foot (pun intended) with the G38 by sticking it with the expensive and hard to find .45GAP caliber.

In 9mm, though, the standard XDM 3.8" is an excellent carry pistol. 6 oz. heavier than the G19 but with the XDM benefits: Grip safety, conspicuous loaded chamber and cocked striker indicators, and SA's legendary lifetime warranty and customer service. If you want a 9mm carry pistol, and don't want the stubby little grips and limited mag capacities of the subcompacts, this would be an excellent choice. The XDMs also have interchangeable backstraps, like the Gen 4 Glocks.

armyguardus

Expert
    In my opinion ill take a Springfield over a glock any day I carried one with the SO for a while and I couldn't wait to get rid of it

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    XDM Disappointment: If you look at the XDM line, there is a missing item in the standard 3.8" segment--the .45ACP. There's a .45 in the full size 4.5" (I own one), and there is a Compact 3.8", but in standard 3.8, there is only 9 and 40. Too bad, because that would be an excellent .45ACP carry pistol--with a longer grip and greater mag capacity than the compacts.

This thread has been up for 5 days and multiple times every day I have had to resist saying that "the Best 9mm handgun" is a .45. Now I have said it...

Stagman

Master
    I believe the .40 is losing steam I would choose a .45 over a .40 any day my preferred calibers are 9mm and .45 can't go wrong with either

RackinRay

Master
    In my opinion, based on all the 9mm handguns I have owned, I think the Glock 19 is the perfect size pistol for the 9mm round.

Some, like the Beretta and Taurus 92 variants are too large for the caliber, as is the Glock 17 in my opinion; unless you really have to have the two extra rounds and longer sight radius.

Pocket 9's are great for concealment, but the Glock 19 has low recoil, holds 15 9mm rounds and is, a GLOCK!

I am over 6' and the Glock 21 fits my hand like a glove, and I can still enjoy and handle the Glock 19 as well as the wife (5'2") can.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Probably get flamed for this, but I'm a huge ruger fan and for a range gun i really like the P series. Solid, large, natural point of aim and inexpensive. Not an ideal conceal carry gun but as far as going out and burning up rounds its one of my faves to shoot.

bronxbomber252

Shooter
    In my opinion, based on all the 9mm handguns I have owned, I think the Glock 19 is the perfect size pistol for the 9mm round.

Some, like the Beretta and Taurus 92 variants are too large for the caliber, as is the Glock 17 in my opinion; unless you really have to have the two extra rounds and longer sight radius.

Pocket 9's are great for concealment, but the Glock 19 has low recoil, holds 15 9mm rounds and is, a GLOCK!

I am over 6' and the Glock 21 fits my hand like a glove, and I can still enjoy and handle the Glock 19 as well as the wife (5'2") can.

agree on the size bit! and objectively the glock 19 is awesome! I just didn't like how it felt in the hand and couldn't get exitced enough about it to buy one. It was part of why I looked at the PPQ, roughly the same size, same simplicity, but with ergo's that were much better IMHO and a killer trigger. That said, no 9mm handgun search is complete without having checked out the Glock 19.

Top Bottom