• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freecutter

Shooter
    Where is the best place to buy black powder revolvers in NWFL? I mean where’s the best collection. I never see to many of them in one place. Interested in military muskets too.thanks

Uilleam

Marksman
    Replicas or Genuine?

5lima30ret

Master
    Cabelas and Bass Pro used to have a decent selection of BP revolvers. BTW, you can legally order BP pistols to be shipped to you w/o going through an FFL.

Ric-san

Master
    Gray Mans Armory in Milton had a few on consignment....co-worker bought one, give them a call to see what they still have...

Uilleam

Marksman

Duelist

Expert
    I have 2 Uberti new unfired revolvers. One in 44 and another in 36 cal, Also have correct flask for each. PM me if you want more information.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Where is the best place to buy black powder revolvers in NWFL? I mean where’s the best collection. I never see to many of them in one place. Interested in military muskets too.thanks
    Dixie Gun Works has quite a few replica revolvers and long guns. I have seen several genuine firearms in their ads. They also stock a lot of repair and replacement parts for their replica and genuine firearms.

Black Powder was something ive always been interested in. My father was going to take me out hunting with his Hawkins .50 but life got in the way but he has passed now... I would like to know more about them for a future buy. Any good websites to go to?

hdsjr

Shooter
    Black Powder was something ive always been interested in. My father was going to take me out hunting with his Hawkins .50 but life got in the way but he has passed now... I would like to know more about them for a future buy. Any good websites to go to?
    There are any number of blackpowder sites dealing with different aspects of the sport. One of the most general and user friendly to the newcomer is the muzzleloading forum at this address:

Good luck and enjoy!

Freecutter

Shooter
    I’ve been reading up on Facebook groups “black powder revolver enthusiast”. Is a good one. I can’t really decide but with ammo prices I have been looking

Uilleam

Marksman
    I’ve been reading up on Facebook groups “black powder revolver enthusiast”. Is a good one. I can’t really decide but with ammo prices I have been looking
    Here are the ones they have at Greyman

Attachments

• IMG_0614.JPG
      IMG_0614.JPG
      4 MB · Views: 98

FrommerStop

Master
    From reading and youtubing that I have been doing is that almost all of the new italian guns need work. They are not made for proper function and will often for colts drop spent caps into the frame jamming the gun. The original cap and ball guns were routinely shot with paper cartridges and many of the new cap and ball need for metal to be relieved to make this possible. Normally new nipples need to be fitted.
    Below are paper cartridges being loaded into a cap and ball revolver that is properly configured to accept a paper cartridge.
    1619134656521.png

1619134808328.png

Uilleam

Marksman

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Never had any fancy paper cartridges. Just flask and ball. Used washers to tune the nipple on the flask to my "custom" charge. Key with these is measured powder and the same pressure seating the ball. EVERYTIME. Slow but alot of fun!!

FrommerStop

Master
    Never had any fancy paper cartridges. Just flask and ball. Used washers to tune the nipple on the flask to my "custom" charge. Key with these is measured powder and the same pressure seating the ball. EVERYTIME. Slow but alot of fun!!
    The paper cartridges give you a bigger, slower bullet and it is how the guns were most often used. I do not own a cap and ball pistol, but I do plan to get a taylor and get it or do it myself to a tuned state before I die.

Uilleam

Marksman
    Top Bottom