Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Imnotbruce

Expert
    I have already posted this
    (https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020...itself-second-amendment-sanctuary/4682604002/)
    and I'd like to email the Sheriff for clarification. But I don't think I'll register any pistol braces, 10-40 million pistol braces are common use (Heller) so there shouldn't be a problem.
    I'd be surprised if the ATF that can't even process current tax stamps even follows through with the current agenda and willingly drowns themselves under a mountain of paperwork, all it would do is broadcast just how incompetent and ineffective they really are.

Misfeed

Master
    Unless the full intent is restriction through regulation.

Daezee

Master
    You can't mail off finger prints the old fashion way anymore? How are they going to get passport photos? I am not up on this new electronic way of doing it
    By reading the instructions on the process and the FAQ, many questions will be answered. For example: one set of finger print cards (2 cards) can suffice for multiple registrations if sent in the same envelope with/referencing the cover letters that ATF sent requesting your fingerprints after they received your electronic registration forms. That is the route I’m taking. I will have my prints taken locally before submitting forms so I have them ready to send with no waiting. I already have fingerprint cards so no delay in ordering them.

Thus, I’m sending prints the old fashion way…works for me…simple and easy to get done at my Sheriffs office.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    By reading the instructions on the process and the FAQ, many questions will be answered. For example: one set of finger print cards (2 cards) can suffice for multiple registrations if sent in the same envelope with/referencing the cover letters that ATF sent requesting your fingerprints after they received your electronic registration forms. That is the route I’m taking. I will have my prints taken locally before submitting forms so I have them ready to send with no waiting. I already have fingerprint cards so no delay in ordering them.

Thus, I’m sending prints the old fashion way…works for me…simple and easy to get done at my Sheriffs office.
    Yes Sir, that is the way to do it. I will add one thing......do your fingerprints last. The are only valid for thirty days from the date of fingerprinting. After that you will have to be re-fingerprinted and pay another fee.

.22 cents

Master
    I think I remember this game. Something about man-dates, freedom lost and compliance club cards…..forgot to add FREE!

Last edited:

Rational Mind

Expert
    I think I remember this game. Something about man-dates, freedom lost and compliance club cards…..forgot to add FREE!
    I'm simply amazed at how it seems so many are in a rush to run out and get the jab, I mean run out and register their firearms. WTH are people thinking ? So easy to give up freedom even when it effects the ones that are willing to stand up for everyone's freedom . What the hell has happened to people. Do they not understand that the Bill of rights are explicitly to state rights the Government has no right to interfere with ? Why is everyone just giving up on the one and only right that specifically states shall not be infringed. Our founders gave their lives and fortunes for our freedom. Now people are worried about how far they have to drive for a piece of paper to voluntarily give up their God given rights. That 3% makes a lot of sense now. Im beginning to believe and fear that 3% may even apply to the ones that swore an oath to defend our Constitution. What happened ?????

Misfeed

Master
    Well, I had 18 years in the service when I was told to get vaccinated or get out. Thats a lot of capitol in life to make a stand with when my family is depending on me to provide a living. Yes, its been nixed now but I have yet to hear of anyone getting back in after with back pay, etc.
    I also recall during my wayward youth a number of times "everyone" was going to do something but when it came to getting caught and paying the man there was no one but me.
    Its a choice. Like anything else, do or don't. Its clearly stated that this will be a felony until its overturned. Catching a felony means you have no voice. No vote and the job applications Ive seen dont ask what the felony is for, just if you have one.
    I go back to SBRs have been regulated since 1934. I believe it to be an infringement on our rights but its law.
    We can continue to fight it but I think everyone in their heart of hearts knows the pistol brace was a clever work around. People wanted an SBR without the tax. Now you have it.
    If you choose non-compliance and remove the offending parts, what was accomplished? Its still compliance with the law. Don't, get caught and never own a gun legally again.

Daezee

Master
    Everyone should make the decision that’s best for them. I enjoy SBR’s, so I don’t mind more. I used to take them out of state until my brother moved much further away. I’d do my out of state movement form with from and to dates encompassing a year at a time to cover for the next whole year so I could go to Georgia to his farm with them at any time.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    If you choose non-compliance and remove the offending parts
    I just won't comply and keep going about my business as usual, Escambia deputies have got a whole lot more to worry about than little old me shooting paper with a gun that just happens to be too short. I'd imagine that most people who run afoul of the NFA get by without any trouble as long as they don't advertise what they're doing or commit legitimate crimes, just like how most folks smoking marijuana illegally get by just fine as long as they don't rock the boat.
    Who's going to be walking around the ranges with a tape measure ready to snitch to daddy government? Even at shooting competitions I've been to where suppressors and SBRs have been present no one has asked if they're legal to own, and if someone did I bet they'd be laughed at.
    The ATF isn't about to send commissar's to your local range to make sure you're in compliance, and most (there's always a few who ruin it for everyone) other shooters aren't even going to pay you any mind.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    what guns?
    what guns.png

Misfeed

Master
    Not getting into an argument BUT its the brace. That whats being regulated in combination with a short barrel and it doesnt require someone whipping out a tape measure. If youre going that route throw a stock on it and maybe get away with it.

Also be aware there's a field office for the ATF in Pensacola.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Well, I had 18 years in the service when I was told to get vaccinated or get out. Thats a lot of capitol in life to make a stand with when my family is depending on me to provide a living. Yes, its been nixed now but I have yet to hear of anyone getting back in after with back pay, etc.
    I also recall during my wayward youth a number of times "everyone" was going to do something but when it came to getting caught and paying the man there was no one but me.
    Its a choice. Like anything else, do or don't. Its clearly stated that this will be a felony until its overturned. Catching a felony means you have no voice. No vote and the job applications Ive seen dont ask what the felony is for, just if you have one.
    I go back to SBRs have been regulated since 1934. I believe it to be an infringement on our rights but its law.
    We can continue to fight it but I think everyone in their heart of hearts knows the pistol brace was a clever work around. People wanted an SBR without the tax. Now you have it.
    If you choose non-compliance and remove the offending parts, what was accomplished? Its still compliance with the law. Don't, get caught and never own a gun legally again.
    No one is suggesting anyone catch a felony but I would argue this goes back farther than 1934. This Country was and is based on three primary documents, The Articles of Confederation, The Constitution, and The Bill of Rights. To understand the argument for the Constitution people need to study the Federalist papers written by Jay, Madison, and Hamilton. The Constitution was passed through such a small majority of New York delegates given power to the three branches of Government that Madison drafted the Bill of Rights guaranteeing rights to the the people that the Government could not interfere in. If we compromise on the Bill of Rights I would argue we compromise our Country and everything it was founded upon. The Federalist papers are the best source for the original intent of our Constitution, 84 essays well worth the read. If people don't won't read and learn what they need to know to to fight back against a Government that has got out of control than maybe I can recommend 1984, it's available on YouTube as an audio book. Knowledge is power and that is where our true strength is. We better start using it. As I stated earlier the original intent of the NFA was to outlaw handguns and the SBR and SBS were a way the activist saw a way that people could get around the prohibition of handguns. We fought against the prohibition of handguns and won, unfortunately the SBR and SBS parts were left in the act because at the time they were a non issue. This can be fought through the courts and we can keep our rights, possibly restore some that were lost. To just voluntarily comply with a rule, not a law that violates the Constitution and Bill of rights makes no sense to me.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Not getting into an argument BUT its the brace. That whats being regulated in combination with a short barrel and it doesnt require someone whipping out a tape measure. If youre going that route throw a stock on it and maybe get away with it.

Also be aware there's a field office for the ATF in Pensacola.
    Also, they are members of this forum and they read these forums. And to the guy who posted earlier in this thread "time to start slinging lead", lol, they got your number bud. Not only number, but IP address, street address, the works. Look for a "no knock" warrant to be served at three AM in the morning on you. Stupid is as stupid does.

AK4774

Expert
    Hey Bruce, in reference to

“Who's going to be walking around the ranges with a tape measure ready to snitch to daddy government?”

About 49% of the population here and at the range.

I haven’t even heard of this until recently and thought the anti brace bs had been shelved. Im wondering what about a braced lower with 16” carbine/rifle upper? And does this supposedly apply to every firearm potentially fitted with a brace? All others that do not have a buffer tube will be much less user friendly.

Ok maybe I was a little harsh on my estimate of 49 percentile, doubtful that there are that many democrats that join firearm forums so will say at least 25% to sound hopeful. But there are many DINOs and RINOs circling the wagons and drain.

Last edited:

Imnotbruce

Expert
    they got your number bud. Not only number but IP address, street address, the works. Look for a "no knock" warrant to be served at three AM in the morning on you. Stupid is as stupid does.
    Not the guy in question lol but I bet they got a lot more to worry about then someone saying things on the internet, hell even saying something on the internet like "100% of ATF agents wives have boyfriends" is still perfectly legal and should be encouraged. Speech such as
    "Those spineless worms who work for the ATF don't know what it means to be a man."
    or
    "The only thing the ATF is good at is shooting dogs and burning children alive."
    are perfect examples of the free speech that our founding fathers fought and died for.

Misfeed

Master
    I'll be happy to join anyone at a peaceful protest of this rule. When is it? Or if someone that has a better grasp of the english language than I wants to draft a letter to our congressman Ill cosign onto that. If you or anyone else wants to run for office on a return to the constitution, Ill vote for you. As expensive as eggs are at the moment I cant chip in for a lawyer but I can give my time.
    I get that we need to fight back against this but where is the fight?

And to add to the tape measure comment, Ive had several people ask if some of the AR pistols I was selling on here were SBRs or compliant with the law at that time.

Rational Mind

Expert
    I just won't comply and keep going about my business as usual, Escambia deputies have got a whole lot more to worry about than little old me shooting paper with a gun that just happens to be too short. I'd imagine that most people who run afoul of the NFA get by without any trouble as long as they don't advertise what they're doing or commit legitimate crimes, just like how most folks smoking marijuana illegally get by just fine as long as they don't rock the boat.
    Who's going to be walking around the ranges with a tape measure ready to snitch to daddy government? Even at shooting competitions I've been to where suppressors and SBRs have been present no one has asked if they're legal to own, and if someone did I bet they'd be laughed at.
    The ATF isn't about to send commissar's to your local range to make sure you're in compliance, and most (there's always a few who ruin it for everyone) other shooters aren't even going to pay you any mind.
    From the actions I've seen by the ATF concerning the ffl's I would not be surprised to see them showing up at gun ranges. I carry my tax stamps in my range bag on every trip. It's not worth the hassle even it's a one in million chance. This brace ruling actually gives us a chance to go through the courts and possibly overturn even more of the NFA . We've got to to stay above the law on this and do it the right way. I'm just saying people need to slow down and don't just run out there and immediately give up their rights so eagerly. Give it time to play out and use your voice and knowledge to prove how the NFA was unconstitutional from its conception. We just don't need the MSM out there with their propaganda talking about how so many have complied and those holding out are evil criminals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom