Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Think he was talking about the whole list/registration thing. If you're already in the list, what's one more entry?

Also, don't think cans are eligible.
    Yeah that's what I assumed, but if the cans were eligible I'd be inclined to use it.
    And to Ginger, nah, I had intended on going the Form1 route awhile back but it doesn't fit my business model these days.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    So question, if any of y'all already have suppressors or sbrs you going to use the free stamp?

Nope.

Suppressors and even SBRs before this were cut-n-dry black and white.

This garbage is so convoluted and suspicious, it should make everyone nervous. Pictures? Waivers? “Amnesty”? Nope. The BATFECES can go F themsleves. With a 2x4. Sideways.

I’ll stay legal and stay off their new list.

53D6D77D-FA3F-4237-BD95-E8B6726934C2.jpeg

RHINOWSO

Master
    Yeah, I haven't done anything NFA since before the Trust rule changed to fingerprinting / notification of Head LEO / blah blah blah.

iu

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    So question, if any of y'all already have suppressors or sbrs you going to use the free stamp?
    I have thought about going the SBR route since I have cans and cans in jail,

If this "free" stamp was for a can, Id be interested, but Im not going to turning anything into a SBR and for that reason, Im out.

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 7.10.04 PM.png

I already have a few stamps (cans) and had intentions of doing two form 1’s for sbr’s earlier this year but never did. I will wait things out before moving forward with them now. The “free” stamp just gives me a bad gut feeling, and $400 is nowhere near enough incentive for what they’re asking.

Edit: After watching the above posted video concerning the 88 day automatic denial, there’s absolutely no chance I’ll be filing for the “free” stamp.

Last edited:

lakelandmusic

Expert
    the only way to stop the overreaching atf, doj and da gubmint will be mass non-compliance. 40,000,000 very angry tax paying, formerly law abiding patriots would be one hell of a statement... i know where i stand, hows about the rest of you guys?
    This is the only real answer. One can justify complying to themselves all they want, but the reasons they are doing so aren't going to change, and one day it's going to be the knock at their door, with the same justification of family, job, house, right to self defense, and ultimately their life in the balance. If you choose to justify it now, what's stopping you when the stakes are even higher?

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    No. Though, I also don't have any braced pistols, privately or in inventory. If it were going to register an SBR, it would be an actual rifle lower, not a half measure like a brace.

Last edited:

Misfeed

Master
    Read the E-Form. Once you register you can toss the brace. Its no longer a braced pistol its an SBR. I submitted all mine. Lot of just flat out wrong information being passed around. Go to the E-Forms page read the FAQ. Also, pictures are not required unless the ATF asks for them. And for anyone here that has bought a firearm and filled out a form 4473 or has a concealed weapons permit, you are concerned someone is asking for your address? A pass photo, fingerprints and more stringent storage / movement criteria are what seperates standard firearm purchases from an NFA purchase. Been that way for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Read the E-Form. Once you register you can toss the brace. Its no longer a braced pistol its an SBR. I submitted all mine. Lot of just flat ouf wrong information being put out. Go to the E-Forms page read the FAQ. Also, pictures are not required unless the ATF asks for them. And for anyone here that has bought a firearm and filled out a form 4473 or has a concealed weapons permit, you are concerned someone is asking for your address? A pass photo, fingerprints and more stringent storage / movement criteria are what seperates standard firearm purchases from an NFA purchase. Been that way for as long as I can remember.
    I haven't had the time to go through the form. Is it the same form 1 for SBR, or is it special for pistol, or is there a box you check for brace ? In my head there is no way the ATF will let you register a full blown SBR with a stock for free.

Top Bottom