• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    I think I saw where Gov.DeSantis's was going to push for a Constitutional Carry for Fl residences . No details; open carry [probably not] or CC.
    Anyone got better info, or just more rumors ??

Baddog 0302

Master
    Maybe Gov. DeSantis is waiting to see how you'll handle it
    . I'm not sure it's a very good idea to give EVERYBODY the right to carry a weapon WITHOUT some formal training and evaluation .
    How many times have we herd something about some LEO shooting a family dog ?
    I'm reminded of the story about Gen. Patten when he was a young officer and in NY city.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Constitutional Carry is a step in the right direction.I was just reviewing Floridas Deer hunting rules and regulations.... Good grief. The gun deer season is 2 or 3 weekends only depending on half a dozen other factors. Simplification would be a good solution for over regulation. :)

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    . I'm not sure it's a very good idea to give EVERYBODY the right to carry a weapon WITHOUT some formal training and evaluation .
    I'm reminded of the story about Gen. Patten when he was a young officer and in NY city.
    Unfortunately, 2A is for everyone... Everyone. No requirements, special permits, permission slips, notes from mom etc. Are needed.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    I walked in a convenience store about 3 or 4 weeks ago with my little 22 Taurus on my waist, had been working on my hunting lease all day and the little pistol is so light weight I forgot I even had it on, a lady called me out on it and said “you know you’re breaking the law”, And I said ma’am I apologize as I didn’t realize I came in the store with it on, and she then got a little huffy and said “well unless you are in law enforcement you are breaking the law” . Then another guy said “sir you have to have a permit to carry it”. So I ask the clerk behind the counter is there a sign on the door that says I can’t come in the store with it on and she said she didn’t know, by then the man and woman was looking all over the glass door and windows for a no gun allowed sign. I paid for my Gatorade and on the way out I told both of them I do carry a concealed carry permit and I can lawfully open carry in most places in alabama with a few restrictions, lady still wanted to cause a stink so I just left and went on about my business. I imagine she did call the sheriffs dept on me as she was looking at my truck to obviously get my tag number, never heard a word from the sheriffs dept after the incident . Told my wife about it when I got home and had forgot about it until reading this post. I will continue to pay for a concealed carry permit even though Alabama is loosening up on carrying pistols and no longer requiring a permit, Since I live about 14 miles from the florida state line and cross over often i don’t want to get caught without a permit in the sunshine state

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I walked in a convenience store about 3 or 4 weeks ago with my little 22 Taurus on my waist, had been working on my hunting lease all day and the little pistol is so light weight I forgot I even had it on, a lady called me out on it and said “you know you’re breaking the law”, And I said ma’am I apologize as I didn’t realize I came in the store with it on, and she then got a little huffy and said “well unless you are in law enforcement you are breaking the law” . Then another guy said “sir you have to have a permit to carry it”. So I ask the clerk behind the counter is there a sign on the door that says I can’t come in the store with it on and she said she didn’t know, by then the man and woman was looking all over the glass door and windows for a no gun allowed sign. I paid for my Gatorade and on the way out I told both of them I do carry a concealed carry permit and I can lawfully open carry in most places in alabama with a few restrictions, lady still wanted to cause a stink so I just left and went on about my business. I imagine she did call the sheriffs dept on me as she was looking at my truck to obviously get my tag number, never heard a word from the sheriffs dept after the incident . Told my wife about it when I got home and had forgot about it until reading this post. I will continue to pay for a concealed carry permit even though Alabama is loosening up on carrying pistols and no longer requiring a permit, Since I live about 14 miles from the florida state line and cross over often i don’t want to get caught without a permit in the sunshine state
    Yep, alabama is open carry and has been forever. I like you do it when working on property or during hunting season or whenever I damm well feel like it. Also like you I'm keeping my carry permit for trips around. I've been using a chest rig lately and really like it. A coat zipped up hides it if needed. Normally I'd been using a shoulder rig. Galco lite.

Krazy1

Expert
    This is good to know because I'm planning on opening a office in Cullman so I can cover Huntsville and Birmingham locally. I live in Milton, FL but from Mobile originally. I have CCW in FL, I had one in Alabama 22 years ago before I moved to Fl.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I think they will want to take a year to see how much money the Sheriff loses from the payments for the CC permits.
    < this. The state only collects $1 from each permit. So it's a $$ thing, suprise!! I know from having a permit it kept going up. Was $20 a year in 1992. Went up to $35 , now back to $25 with the passage of the CC law.

JP0311

Expert
    It should be constitutional carry. Everywhere should be. It was a hard pill to swallow getting my permit, but having kids, my principles went out the window. As far as open carry goes to ease the minds of printing, well, it isn’t illegal to print in Florida, the weapon just must be concealed. DeSantis promised before his time was up as Governor, Florida would have Constitutional carry. Given the odds are at least 50% he’s running for the White House, I’d expect him to make sure it gets passed this coming legislative session. As far as some of you not sure how you “feel” about constitutional carry, well, feelings don’t matter. We are all born with the right to self preservation , and any gun law, no matter how much it makes sense, is a form of infringement. It’s the little compromises here and there that end up getting rights taken away. In reality, it’s DeSantis duty, to make sure Florida becomes Constitutional, otherwise, he can’t claim Florida as the freest state anymore.

Raven

Master
    Liberal POS's said this same thing in Maine, about how oh my word there has just GOT to be SOME oversight. Well snowflake, no there doesn't. In fact any and all oversight is interference of our God-given and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear whatever we freaking want to, when and where and how we want to. Constitutional Carry won at the polls in Maine and years later we Mainers proved all those liberal POS's fears were wrong. Same thing will happen here in Florida. People are predictable and everything is cyclical. Constitutional Carry now, Constitutional Carry forever

Raven

Master
    Yep, alabama is open carry and has been forever. I like you do it when working on property or during hunting season or whenever I damm well feel like it. Also like you I'm keeping my carry permit for trips around. I've been using a chest rig lately and really like it. A coat zipped up hides it if needed. Normally I'd been using a shoulder rig. Galco lite.
    Alabama is Home of the Free

Top Bottom