• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Duck Dynasty and Phil's interview and A&E reaction

Alright let's get some venting out!

When I get to work and free up ill b ready to throw some written punches!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      94.9 KB · Views: 210
    Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    How ridiculous. They show them praying on the show, what did they expect? Sarah Palin's right, the 1A is endangered. At the most, the should include a disclaimer that they don't share the views of the characters. Networks do that all the time.

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    A&E...Arts and entertainment...Art is an expression of ones self...Phil expressed himself...A&E boots him from the show.

Makes perfect sense!

A&E must be run by douchebags with "life partners".

TraderDan

Master
    douchebags with "life partners". epic!! If you havn't noticed Hollywierd is trying to take over some power in the world, and embraces a New World Order, which they feel they can have a ruling hand in.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. He worked for A&E, he pissed them off, they fired him. If the government came and arrested him for saying what he did then it would be a violation of his rights. But its no different than any of ya'll coming to my house for dinner and using your first amendment rights to tell me my wifes cooking sucks (it does btw) and me asking you to leave. Better yet, use your first amendment rights to go into your bosses office today and tell him that he blows and his wife is ugly and see how well that works out for you. Freedom of speech gives us the ability to say what we want to your government, not the private sector.

For the record I like Phil, and I've never missed a duck dynasty episode. I think that its bullshit that he was suspended, but i also understand that its A&Es business and they're able to do whatever they want to do with it. I mainly just wanted to point out that this isn't a 1st amendment situation.

Last edited:

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    I wonder if the rest of the fam feels the same as Phil, or if he's the hard liner of the crew.
    Either way, kudos to him for having the sack to voice his opinion and stand behind it.

TraderDan

Master
    By the Way He was going to quit the show anyway so what was the big deal? He has allready came out and said he was done with it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Christians Gays are still Christian Brothers and Sisters just as Phil explained if A&E had read the whole article. That part of their life is wrong according to the Bible, they know it, but I am not going to treat them differently, that is a matter between them and GOD! Phil said all this, they printed it but some people don't believe in free speech if a Christian says it. 1 Man expressing his personal beliefs, that IS American and Christian.

SO since A&E did not read or believe in the 1st amendment it is my right and DUTY to Boycott them! This is ALL about the Freedom of Speech!

CCHGN

Banned
    This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. He worked for A&E, he pissed them off, they fired him.....

Really? Well let's see the contract where they explicity list what they'll fire for. Plus, they get 10mil. veiwers a night, let's see the outcry. Let's see how fast they can take their franchise to another network and take their adverising with them,,,,,the way I see it, A&E works for them. A&E just forgot which side of their bread is buttered.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I always thought the needed to be on the Sportsman's channel and instead of comedy do more a hunting show w the humor they use now...a complete revamp.

zombieh8r

Marksman
    SO since A&E did not read or believe in the 1st amendment it is my right and DUTY to Boycott them! This is ALL about the Freedom of Speech!

Explain to me how you have freedom of speech when it comes to your employer? Well I guess technically you do, I can legally say whatever i want. But that doesn't mean they can't fire me, or in Phils case suspend him. If active duty joe blow from the us military goes on fox news tonight and says that america is bad and al queda is good and that obama is a POS bum...would the government brush it to the side and say "oh he was just expressing his first amendment rights" or would they discipline him?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I have the Freedom of Speech under the Constitution, even you liberals and A&E cannot cancel that. Yes they have the right, stupid as it may be, to suspend him but i have the right to agree with Phil and boycott them! I say they all should suspend their activity on the show, shut it down till A&E reinstates, then i would fire them and go with another network! same thing as Paula Dean should have done!

zombieh8r

Marksman
    I always thought the needed to be on the Sportsman's channel and instead of comedy do more a hunting show w the humor they use now...a complete revamp.

They did have their own hunting shows several years ago I forget what hunting network it was on though (I watched it all the time, i was a buck commander watcher back before there was a duck commander show and back before they were cool), thats how A&E found them and gave them their reality show

zombieh8r

Marksman
    I have the Freedom of Speech under the Constitution, even you liberals and A&E cannot cancel that. Yes they have the right, stupid as it may be, to suspend him but i have the right to agree with Phil and boycott them! I say they all should suspend their activity on the show, shut it down till A&E reinstates, then i would fire them and go with another network! same thing as Paula Dean should have done!

First off I'm not a liberal and you can f**k off. Second off...your rights are great, but A&Es are stupid?

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yep and I just watched it the other day( BC), it was not them or the family though, It was just Willy and 3 other hunters.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    First off I'm not a liberal and you can fuck off. Second off...your rights are great, but A&Es are stupid?

That was not polite and you comment goes beyond the rules of the forum, you may apologize anytime to all of us!

zombieh8r

Marksman
    I didn't make this personal big guy, nor will you get an apology from me for expressing my first amendment rights to free speech!

Top Bottom