• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Mountain House freeze dried was a favorite for backpacking and hunting in Alaska. I really liked the Turkey Tetrazzini, and the Chili Mac too. They sell in nitrogen filled #10 cans as well. Shelve life of like 30 or 35 years I think. If you look you can find some good deals.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Some of the food my ex used to put on the table could have been classified as WMDs and a terrorist act.

My daughter says that my ex still does "pretty side up". A beautiful platter of fried chicken but the bottom of every piece is black and rock hard.

Last edited:

Scrooge

Marksman
    Some of the food my ex used to put on the table could have been classified as WMDs and a terrorist act.

My daughter says that my ex still does "pretty side up". A beautiful platter of fried chicken but the bottom of every piece is black and rock hard.

Damn John... I think we have the same ex!!! LMBO

Scrooge

Marksman
    I hope they put a gold star by my name on the watch list; I hate waiting....

shootnstarz

Master
    Seeds. Lots of seeds. Four years worth plus barter. Learn how to grow fruit and veggies. Keep a supply of hand tools for gardening and home repair.

Learn how to can, dry and store food. Have ample sources for potable water, filtration systems, plastic tarps for catching rain, storage containers, ect. Learn what's edible that grows in the wild around your area, cattails for instance.

Without piling more on the moderators I think a survivalist/bush craft/food storage type thread would be helpful. I've had this mindset since pre Y2K and I'm still not fully prepared, nor will I ever be, I'm still learning.

You can wrap up some serious dough (pun) in emergency food supplies. Prepared food storage lots, vacuum sealers & bags, pressure canner and jars, grain mill, dehydrator, mylar bags, O2 absorbers, food safe containers, it all adds up quickly. Just start out small but start out. Over time you'll accumulate a good supply of emergency supplies and learn more of what you'll need and not need.

Rick

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Tough to plant and grow with nuclear fallout? few bunkers are sustainable or defensible? I think the best bet is just to prey on the weaker and take their stuff? Just thinking here.

Seanpcola

Tough to plant and grow with nuclear fallout? few bunkers are sustainable or defensible? I think the best bet is just to prey on the weaker and take their stuff? Just thinking here.

LOL! Maybe I should really encourage my neighbors to be preppers. Be a lot easier, no work, storage issues, etc.:popcorn:

shootnstarz

Master

Which is why most preppers are well armed! I'm the exception since I lost all my guns and knives in a terrible canoeing accident. But if you try to get at my supplies you'll be scratched to death by attack cats !!!!

Rick

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No matter how well armed you are it will not save you when the hoards want your stuff. Sure you can take some out but you will never be able to protect a family unit against those that want your stuff. Preppers may last longer than normal but they to will be defeated easily by a superior force.

BigDaddy

Master
    If I believed our great nation full if wise men were on a slippery slope and the fiat currency printed on promises and the stock market pumped full of fiat currency would collapse one day, I would have dry rice, beans, peas and some spam / Vienna sausages. Boil em up and you have a good filling meal. Dry goods store well also. Good thing I have faith in our government, I have even considered canceling my membership here because I traded my guns for government bonds. Excuse me my victory garden is calling me!!

Seanpcola

Which is why most preppers are well armed! I'm the exception since I lost all my guns and knives in a terrible canoeing accident. But if you try to get at my supplies you'll be scratched to death by attack cats !!!!

Rick

I was there on that fateful day. Why, oh WHY Rick, did you attempt that double switchback inverted canoe maneuver with an overweight boat?

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    No matter how well armed you are it will not save you when the hoards want your stuff. Sure you can take some out but you will never be able to protect a family unit against those that want your stuff. Preppers may last longer than normal but they to will be defeated easily by a superior force.

unless you funnel the superior force into a kill zone then take their stuff

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah good luck w that, your home is the worst place to stay, got a bunker? you can be taken out. I am just sayin' it will not be as easy as people think to save yourself and your family. Be brutal, give no quarter, you will do things you never thought of and it will make you sick, IF you survive...Keep the wife and kids around to trade for your safe passage..>LOL

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have no fantasies. I know my place is indefensible but I hope to have one hell of a pile of bodies outside before they get me.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yep that is what I am talking about John. stackem' up!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    No but you can trade your obama phone for a case!

Top Bottom