Federal database...get over it and buy new or stay way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armyvet35N

Expert
    While I agree that the average guy buying a gun is not a threat to America, 0bama and his administration see it differently. The non-tax paying freeloaders are the paragon of humanity and I, a combat veteran with my eight guns, am a terrorist.

If non taxpayers are the paragon of humanity? You mean the guys who sneaks into our borders, works under the table, don't pay taxes and sends money back to their home country? If nobody paid taxes in 'Murica, then there's be no public schools, airport security, military (you said you were a combat vet, who do you think pays for your stuff?), public roads, economy, police, VA benefits, and the list goes on and on.

Sure not everybody can afford the opportunity to pay their taxes, such as the disabled, retired, or guys that have to receive government aid. That's alright, they have probably contributed to the public system at one point in their lives. Take a look at countries where the citizens do not pay their taxes and see how they live.

Hell, I'm not a fan of paying taxes either, last year, my wife and I combined paid almost $50k in federal and state, we were hit with the higher income bracket in North Carolina. I'm not a huge fan of the gubmint either, we live in a society of economic slavery where companies like Walmart and McDonalds has an education system where they teach their minimum wage employees on how to collect government assistance. I'm curious to see what will happened to this country when the middle class, the majority of taxpayers who contributes more than they take, dissapears.

JBryan314

Master
    If non taxpayers are the paragon of humanity? You mean the guys who sneaks into our borders, works under the table, don't pay taxes and sends money back to their home country? If nobody paid taxes in 'Murica, then there's be no public schools, airport security, military (you said you were a combat vet, who do you think pays for your stuff?), public roads, economy, police, VA benefits, and the list goes on and on.

Sure not everybody can afford the opportunity to pay their taxes, such as the disabled, retired, or guys that have to receive government aid. That's alright, they have probably contributed to the public system at one point in their lives. Take a look at countries where the citizens do not pay their taxes and see how they live.

Hell, I'm not a fan of paying taxes either, last year, my wife and I combined paid almost $50k in federal and state, we were hit with the higher income bracket in North Carolina. I'm not a huge fan of the gubmint either, we live in a society of economic slavery where companies like Walmart and McDonalds has an education system where they teach their minimum wage employees on how to collect government assistance. I'm curious to see what will happened to this country when the middle class, the majority of taxpayers who contributes more than they take, dissapears.

I was telling you how the 0bastard administration sees it. Not how I see it. I didn't just accuse myself of being a terrorist just because I own a gun.

JBryan314

Master
    Also, 35N, the U.S. Government does collect on US persons. The NSA, your agency that can't mentioned, was caught collecting metadata from US persons. They are not allowed to collect on a U.S. person. As a former collector, in many cases "metadata" would be more useful to me than the actual content of the phone conversation. You know this.

I know you do, November.

SAWMAN

Master
    The REAL Collectors -->

In my time .............. we collected on the collectors. Got quite a collection also.

Now ....... shit ....... I'm not even a buisnessman. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC01078.JPG
      DSC01078.JPG
      422.9 KB · Views: 172

scottt44

Shooter
    Its not even about being on a list.

This feels like a fishing expedition, and has illegal activity written all over it. Deal with this guy if y'ant to, but dont be surprised if they pop out of the bushes after the money changes hands.

Afraid of going to the store to buy new because "reasons", willing to pay a premium over new for a used gun instead? You likely are hiding something.

Was this your first exaggeration you ever read on the innerwebs or sumpin? Take a chill pill...I never said I was afraid to go to the store,I said I'd avoid it if possible.

Last edited:

Brandon_SPC

Master

The United States seemed to get by fine before the progressives pushed the 16th amendment. Taxable income doesn't do anything if it did our debt ceiling wouldn't be 18 trillion dollars. Kind of ironic how we hear of Social Security drying up but the government has plenty of funding for welfare......
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_history_of_the_United_States
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Last edited:

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    I agree with what others have said about the ..... authenticity ...... of the OP and his or her statements - somebody is trolling / fishing here.

Just cause most of us talk slow and with an accent don't mean we ARE slow .....

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Was this your first exaggeration you ever read on the innerwebs or sumpin? Take a chill pill...I never said I was afraid to go to the store,I said I'd avoid it if possible.

Who is exaggerating? Im just calling it how I see it. Youre the one making fuss over filling out a 4473 and talking about youll gladly pay more than retail for a used gun. Do you know what that sounds like? A felon or someone who is otherwise not legally allowed to own firearms trying to buy firearms. A fishing expedition.

Or an ATF agent trying to get someone to do something stupid for a little extra money.

flyandscuba

Master
    Heck - I've bought and sold hundreds of guns in the last couple of years - as an individual - and the black suburbans haven't shown up in my driveway yet...

scottt44

Shooter
    Lots of amateur detectives in this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,It might hurt my feelings if I could ever quit laughing.I will check on it in the morning to see how the investigation is going.Should be a gut buster..lol

Seanpcola

I think sottt44 had a legitimate question. Who the hell really knows what the future holds. Especially if you were just coming into the hobby but had been following all the bs on social media and in the news you guys ridiculing might have concerns too. We don't all have each others perspective. Lets move along to a more civilized discussion.

OK, I'll try to be nice. If the OP is concerned about flying under the radar on firearms purchasing, posting on an internet gun forum is not the way to go - in my opinion.

Maybe an introduction on the new member sub-forum telling us about himself might be nice.

Oh, the folks that don't buy guns because of a 4473 all seem just seem a little "quirky" to me, but most of the folks that fill them out and get their gun all seem pretty calm.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    While I agree that he has a legit future concern, I don't think there is anything to worry about right now. i don't worry about 4473 forms. If a database comes about, the 4473 forms aren't going to be where they get their information.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Heck - I've bought and sold hundreds of guns in the last couple of years - as an individual - and the black suburbans haven't shown up in my driveway yet...

That's cause you live in Alaska ... they'll be on Moose back .... or on a snow machine ... (GRIN)

wildrider666

Master
    I am amazed to see the conspiracy theories that surfaced regarding the origional Poster and the contents of that post and OP's responses. It exceeds the boundry of humor and good judgement. Just about everyone here know of much easier ways for BGs to get street guns, joining a Forum is not one of them. We must not eat our young! This Forum gets a lot of members from word of mouth. What do you think this new member is gonna say about his experience with GCGF? He was treated like crap and accused of criminal activity, he was suspected of phishing for LE entrapment. This type of slanderous comments stink and leave a stain on the whole Forum. I left this Forum for over a year because crap like this gets out of hand. It is apparently things have not changed in spite of the Owners and Mods efforts. Don't let this Forum be a Bridge for nasty trolls to hide under. How dare anyone attack a fellow member's character over a simple and honest question. This is a informational Forum not a witch hunt.

I am disappointed and ashamed for the conduct of the few that cast such a negative impression in contrast to what GCGF really is. If you oppose my comments, send me a PM so we keep the Forum clear. I'll read them and not reply as you already have my position on this issue.

Respectfully submitted,
    WR

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    You would be amazed at how much bad feedback I get from folks I mention this forum to. I used to suggest it to them when asked about looking for gun related stuff. I rarely even bring it up any more.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom