• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bodhisattva

Marksman

Snake-Eyes

Master
    What a shame. Protected class. Got fired because of some dummy answers the door with gun in hand.

He’s lucky he “only” lost his job.
    I’m pretty sure that’s just the start, though.

The Airman’s family lawyer will get a civil suit settlement, too. And in this case, I agree they should.

That kid didn’t do anything illegal, but he got killed because a LEO panicked.

In my opinion, the people who open their door to strangers WITHOUT a gun in hand are the real dummies.

Welldoya

Master
    An unfortunate incident for sure. None of us know how we would react to a man at the door with a gun, especially when we were told there was a problem at that address.
    To me, the one that gave the cop the wrong apartment shares in the culpability.
    There’s not enough money for me to be a cop.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    An unfortunate incident for sure. None of us know how we would react to a man at the door with a gun, especially when we were told there was a problem at that address.
    To me, the one that gave the cop the wrong apartment shares in the culpability.
    There’s not enough money for me to be a cop.
    I agree but wasn't the officer at the right apartment?

M60Gunner

Master
    Doesn’t appear so. One time this happened to me when we lived outside Panama City. Bay County deputy banged on our door. I had it in hand but obscured by the door. He had the wrong house, but didn’t believe I was not who he was looking for. I opened the door, tossed it on the couch and told him to come inside while I went to get some credentials for him. He realized his error then and said that wouldn’t be necessary.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    From watching the video. It was a bad shoot. The deputy arrived. No signs of disturbance. No loud noises etc. And shoots the kids in his own home who apparently was living in a less than great area known for push in type break ins (but knowing what single airman bah/bas probably what he could afford). Oh and didn't challenge/ instruct the kid to drop the gun he just shot.

Jdcujo

Master
    I agree but wasn't the officer at the right apartment?
    Right apartment as Id by the Karen downstairs sure. Doesn't mean there was an actual incident for him to respond to. Hence him arriving and automatically having the cleared the holster without any on site reasons to have done so. If he was that concerned about a full in situation call for back.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    What a shame. Protected class. Got fired because of some dummy answers the door with gun in hand.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed unless a peace officer sees you holding a firearm, then you're toast buddy." - Modern Law Enforcement and bootlicker sycophants

Welldoya

Master
    The news said the manager reported that there was shouting & loud noises coming from that apartment. Turns out the airman was there alone.
    So, I’m assuming the deputy thought he was going into a domestic disturbance which can be a very dangerous situation.
    The man was wrong going to the door with a gun in his hand and the cop was wrong to shoot him.
    Same thing happened to me about 35 years ago. My doorbell rang at 3:00 am. I got my S&W, went to the door and peeked out. FHP was standing there. I put my gun on the cabinet around the corner.
    He was looking for the family of an accident victim and had the wrong apartment.
    I would never talk to an officer with a gun in my hand.

WhackAttack

Shooter
    The news said the manager reported that there was shouting & loud noises coming from that apartment. Turns out the airman was there alone.
    So, I’m assuming the deputy thought he was going into a domestic disturbance which can be a very dangerous situation.
    The man was wrong going to the door with a gun in his hand and the cop was wrong to shoot him.
    Same thing happened to me about 35 years ago. My doorbell rang at 3:00 am. I got my S&W, went to the door and peeked out. FHP was standing there. I put my gun on the cabinet around the corner.
    He was looking for the family of an accident victim and had the wrong apartment.
    I would never talk to an officer with a gun in my hand.
    No peep hole.

Welldoya

Master
    No peep hole.
    Apparently the deputy was standing to the side:

The video shows the deputy banging on the door and stepping aside, seemingly out of view of the door. Twice he shouted: “Sheriff’s office! Open the door!”

Fortson opened the door and could be seen holding what appeared to be handgun pointed down toward the floor. The deputy shouted, “Step back!” and fired off shots. He then shouted, “Drop the gun! Drop the gun!”

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    If you watch the video, **I** don’t recall hear the deputy actually announcing he’s law enforcement until he starts another round of locking after he first knocked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom