• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Up until Thursday aden, accompanied by lawyer, was still covering and calling this an unfortunate incident. 24 hours later duran is fired, his name is released, and it has made national news. Seems he got some legal advice in between.

Smells like a CYA/sacrificial firing to throw 'em off the real problem(s), but maybe I just read that in a book or saw it on TV. Rather than quickly turning his back on the guy he defended from go, you would think a good boss would walk that back, move toward decertifying duran, maybe even get an RPO, and make sure he doesn't flee.

ETA. And where is the Florida district 1 "congressman" while all of this transpires? Glad you asked. He has secured himself and staff in the same building, behind armed deputies and metal detectors, as the Okaloosa County "sheriff" currently flailing to place all blame on one person.

And yet, the Florida district 13 Congresswoman finds district 1 issues important enough to come over here and probe/question. Maybe we can convince her to move over here...

Prob'ly nothing to all of that, but, considering lifestyle of our "best/brightest," ya never know when your gonna need a "courtesy" ride, someone to "forget" to turn on their body cam, or just "lose" a report, but I'll do one right now based on what I remember...

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Doesn’t appear so. One time this happened to me when we lived outside Panama City. Bay County deputy banged on our door. I had it in hand but obscured by the door. He had the wrong house, but didn’t believe I was not who he was looking for. I opened the door, tossed it on the couch and told him to come inside while I went to get some credentials for him. He realized his error then and said that wouldn’t be necessary.

When you're polite and unthreatening that's how LEO respond to you. It's always, always been the case with me.

B52

Master
    You don’t need to be LE to see or experience rights violations. Cops are always considered above the citizen in a courtroom unless hard independent evidence is available to show otherwise. Cops are always willing to shoot first and overreact too many times.

B52

Master
    29 years experience . How about you ?
    65 yrs old. Experiencing the good and bad of cops. Cops have power over citizen and abuse it. Citizens are lucky to have recourse in the court. Like I said, a few bad cops have caused loss of trust of all cops.
    Example: Start at the 20 min mark .

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    I’m not a cop, never been a cop or have any cops in my family.
    But I think if any of us had to put up with the scumbags that they do, we would all change our perspective and be on edge most of the time.
    Most of the people that have problems are not following directions or do something stupid, like coming to the door with a gun.
    Any way you look at it, that was stupid. You don’t have a gun in your hand around a cop. They don’t know your intentions.

PINELOG

Expert
    I’m not a cop, never been a cop or have any cops in my family.
    But I think if any of us had to put up with the scumbags that they do, we would all change our perspective and be on edge most of the time.
    Most of the people that have problems are not following directions or do something stupid, like coming to the door with a gun.
    Any way you look at it, that was stupid. You don’t have a gun in your hand around a cop. They don’t know your intentions.
    Well said sir

jettjon

Expert
    Anyone ever hear of a peep hole in the door. Use the peep hole before opening door with a gun in hand at the ready.
    Or a camera. Assuming LEOs don't cover it up or move it. In which case I am NOT opening the door but will be calling 911 myself instead.

Welldoya

Master
    Or a camera. Assuming LEOs don't cover it up or move it. In which case I am NOT opening the door but will be calling 911 myself instead.
    That’s probably not a bad idea if you can’t clearly see the LEO.
    When it happened to me I could see him clearly thru the sidelights.

Welldoya

Master
    65 yrs old. Experiencing the good and bad of cops. Cops have power over citizen and abuse it. Citizens are lucky to have recourse in the court. Like I said, a few bad cops have caused loss of trust of all cops.
    Example: Start at the 20 min mark .

That guy in the video is a jack ass. He’s pushing the limits for no reason other than to get views. Very childish.
    The right to carry a gun while fishing was not meant for fishing in a public park. It’s for fishing in rural areas. Abuse the privilege and it just might get taken away.
    If some guy is walking around a public park with an AR, I want him checked out. Too many crazies these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom