• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    FN is introducing a revised version of the HP with a 15 17 round magazine, and SA is also releasing their version of the HP with the standard 13 15 round magazine. Both have the magazine safety deleted.

Both are currently unavailable except for a few early samples. But sometime over the next two years you can expect to see new hi-power's on the market. I can see SA-35s up on gun.deals, but the only offers that aren't pre-orders are charging 300 over MSRP.

Gulf Coast has an SA-35, but they are over MSRP. Looked pretty nice, but I'm not in when the price is pushing $1k (MSRP somewhere in the 600s IIRC)

MarkS

Master
    CZ 52 but it’s not 9x19 it’s 7.62x25 with a 4.7” barrel. They were 9mm barrels made for it but I don’t have one although if I stumble up on one for the right price I would get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Kahr offers a few with 4" barrels. All of their guns are single stack and double action. I've owned several of the compact and sub-compact models of various calibers and have always enjoyed them. They offer both polymer and steel frames in most models and have even decided to cater to the "Operators" recently by offering a railed version of some of there polymer guns! Oh, and they are made in America to boot.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    And owned by the Korean doomsday cult Moonies. Know where your money is going and vote with your wallet. At least they are Trump supporters and make decently dependable 9mm pistols, among other things. Nobody arms their own military with junk.
    Screenshot_20220308-004226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-004200_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    But there are decided performance advantages to full length 5 inch or longer barrels. Once again another compromise. But based on sales not many folks are sporting Full-sized, Single Stack, (low capacity) 9mm's Nowadays. But since Glock and most of the other double stack Wonder Nines are now offering their pistols with shorter/smaller grip contours, perhaps it's an actual concern?
    The single stack Tokarev pistol chambered in 9mm is awesome with a small grip and a decent length barrel, too. But that's a rare pistol nowadays

Raven

Master
    CZ 52 but it’s not 9x19 it’s 7.62x25 with a 4.7” barrel. They were 9mm barrels made for it but I don’t have one although if I stumble up on one for the right price I would get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 7.62X25 bullet is far better than most 9mm bullets, especially with the .30 caliber HP projectile. It is priced comparatively with the +P+ 9mm HP, which is the only 9mm bullet that comes close to matching the Tokarev muzzle velocity and flat shooting to 100 yards. I've had a few CZ52's. Love them. I'd jump on a 9mm CZ52 barrel, too, but the only ones I've seen are ragged out smooth bores almost. I'd use it for plinking, but not for carrying. Swap back to the Tok barrel for defensive work.

gnappi

Expert
    What ever happened to the full-size, 5 inch barrel, single stack 9mm PARA?
    Germany still offers US a couple, but in home grown American not much more than 1911's.

But after a renaissance day at the range (working that Old D/A-S/A Trigger finger) the 1911 in 9mm still rates as the best single stack 9mm. JMHO.

Anyone still have or still shoot a 5 inch barreled, full-size single stack 9mm?
    I have a couple of single stack 1911's in 9mm's that I fit .38 super barrels to. There's nothing like a 1911 in my hand, out of the holster they point like the finger of the Maker for me, nothing else comes close.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    I shoot a Remington R1 enhanced chambered in 9mm often. It was around $600 when they were first released. I enjoy it and the 10 round mags help keep my round count down vs the bottomless 2011 mags.

K-9

Shooter
    I love my 9mm Stainless Kimber LW 1911.

Single stack 9mm are hard to find these days unless they are small cc pistols. I have a little SIG P290 single stack 9mm that is amazing, but it isn't 5" barrel. Hell, I even carry a double stack 45 w/ 5" bbl sometimes. Why not? :)

MAXman

Master
    Sounds allot like the Hi-power now comes as a double stack, so it won't be a slim as a single stack. Folks with small hands take note.

Replace the standard wood or plastic thumb rest grips with thin grips and it’s narrower than a 1911 with standard grips, and shorter front to back regardless of what grips you use. Even pachmayr wood grips, not thin but without steps or rests just uniform flat, are narrower. Even with the rubber palm swell guys, I can reach the mag release without breaking my grip. Which isn’t true for my single stack sig 9mm.

It’s less hand filling than a first or second gen sw 39(which is pretty similar to a 1911 in width and depth), sig p6, 239 or 220.

When compared to a 92fs, p226 or cz75, sw 59... a hi power feels like a single stack.

Raven

Master
    Replace the standard wood or plastic thumb rest grips with thin grips and it’s narrower than a 1911 with standard grips, and shorter front to back regardless of what grips you use. Even pachmayr wood grips, not thin but without steps or rests just uniform flat, are narrower. Even with the rubber palm swell guys, I can reach the mag release without breaking my grip. Which isn’t true for my single stack sig 9mm.

It’s less hand filling than a first or second gen sw 39(which is pretty similar to a 1911 in width and depth), sig p6, 239 or 220.

When compared to a 92fs, p226 or cz75, sw 59... a hi power feels like a single stack.
    The CZ82 and CZ83 as well. Any of the 12-13 round 9mm's for that matter. The 43X and 365 as well, although not DA/SA granted. Thin hi-cap has always been popular

Top Bottom