• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Like most stores "sales",their stuff is already 15% overpriced then for the sale,it is marked down 10%. Willing to bet that during their going out of buisness sale,stuff (especially) guns,will still be above the LGS's and 10-15% above the internet.
    Got a question for ya'll - - -> How many guns have you bought from a LGS in the last year ??
    Me - - -> ZERO !! --- SAWMAN

2 from LGS

John B.

Master
    I assume that you do not consciously overpay. So help out your fellow forum members and tell us what LGS's did you find 8 good deals in ?? --- SAWMAN
    Hell no I don't overpay...

TGD
    Mike's
    KT Tactical

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    New owner is not shutting all stores. A liquidator bought all the inventory. So it will go at some point. But at first they are going to try to get as much as they can for it and what is not sold in stores will make it somewhere to be sold.

New owner says he hopes to keep about 70 stores open with new inventory!

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article149158104.html

Maybe the new owner has a different pricing plan!!!!

Welldoya

Master
    They still don't get it. The inventory isn't the problem. They had a great inventory. The pricing is the problem.
    In answer to Sawman's question, I can't remember the last time I bought a gun from a local store.
    I have bought probably half a dozen in the last year from on-line shops, mostly PSA and Grabagun.

Murfpcola

Master
    I walked through there this morning and all most of the gun accessory type stuff was only 10% off. Still not a deal.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Saw one of them was closing in Houston, thought it was only that store. It's directly across a major highway from Academy. I can't stand Gander, the store sucks, salespeople are none existent, along with the pricing y'all mentioned. Glad to see them go; hate to see any jobs lost though.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

Joebob2

Expert
    I've only dealt with them once. And it was through the online store. Got a Heritage Roughrider .22 revolver for $99.99 (regular price $199). Had it sent to the Pensacola store and drove over to pick it up. Spent over an hour waiting for them to get the paperwork done, and this was AFTER getting approval back from the background check. There was a girl handling the paperwork and she had to ask the other sales guy what to put in EVERY blank on EVERY form. Thought we'd never get out of there.

But I did get a pretty good deal on the pistol!

SAWMAN

Master
    And gotta admit,them pants look real good on ya. That tweed,pin striped,up to the mid-ankle,snowbird look,reminds me of them people from New Jork.
    But . . . . where was them Taupe shooting socks ?? --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    And gotta admit,them pants look real good on ya. That tweed,pin striped,up to the mid-ankle,snowbird look,reminds me of them people from New Jork.
    But . . . . where was them Taupe shooting socks ?? --- SAWMAN

I am disturbed that you know what taupe is...

what color is taupe anyway, and can I get a gun colored like that/?

Armyvet35N

Expert
    has anyone been to Gander Mountain the last several days to see what deals can be had?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I heard last night that they finally dropped firearm prices down to MSRP.

barebones1

Marksman
    The deal is....you can still buy the same shirt, same color, same manufacturer for double what you can get it for at academy. 24.99 academy 49.99 at GM.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    I am constantly getting 20% off coupons from them in the mail. I went in there about 3 weeks ago with the coupons, thinking surely I could find SOMETHING that was a deal . Nope.
    Now, to be fair, I did go in there about 2 months ago with a 20% coupon and got a good deal on one of the small "Buddy" heaters. The smallest one that runs on a gas cylinder. Figured it would be good for taking to a shooting house when the temps call below 25.

pcolagunner

Master
    I went yesterday after work about 5 and pretty much everything in the Gun Dept was 10% off except for guns which had no sale tags on them. There were 20% off here and there but on nothing you'd really want to buy. The highest I saw was 30% and those were pretty much all in the clothing dept.

Mic

Expert
    I stopped in about 5:30 last night. It is really weird. They have 10-30% off banners that hang over the soft goods (clothes and hats and such) but the banners stop when you get to the ammo and gun accessories. I did talk to a guy at the gun counter and he was just informed 20 minutes earlier that the Pensacola store will remain open. He said it would stay as a Gander Mountain Store as well. They do have to sell all of their inventory (except firearms) to complete the transaction. They are basically run like two stores inside of one building with one being guns and the other store being everything else.
    So, we'll see...

pcolagunner

Master
    I stopped in about 5:30 last night. It is really weird. They have 10-30% off banners that hang over the soft goods (clothes and hats and such) but the banners stop when you get to the ammo and gun accessories. I did talk to a guy at the gun counter and he was just informed 20 minutes earlier that the Pensacola store will remain open. He said it would stay as a Gander Mountain Store as well. They do have to sell all of their inventory (except firearms) to complete the transaction. They are basically run like two stores inside of one building with one being guns and the other store being everything else.
    So, we'll see...

That makes no since lol. Not you Mic but how he says it is going to workout.

Top Bottom