• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

Expert
    I also saw an article this morning where Camping World (or whoever they are) will keep about 70 stores open as GM. They had a list and the Pensacola store was not on it. So, I would count it as the same as who the next FBI Director will be....nobody really knows for sure.
    The only thing I have ever bought at GM was a hat. It was about $25 and they asked me it I wanted to purchase the extended lifetime warranty on.....a hat. I declined.

Welldoya

Master
    Just buy a Tilley. It comes with a lifetime warranty. It's a little more than $25 though.

Mic

Expert
    I want a Tilley, they just only have one in my size. Not real excited about the chamo but if it makes it to 30% off I might...

Welldoya

Master
    What size and style are you wanting ? I bought one style, then decided I wanted something with a bigger brim so I never wear the other one. I think the one I don't wear is a LTM5 and I wear the LTM6.
    I believe it's a 7 3/4 and like new.

Mic

Expert
    Thanks Welldoya, but I am a 7 1/8 and could maybe use a 7 1/4. But they do have a pretty good number of the bigger sizes that you might want to keep an eye on if the discount goes down. Right now the $84 hats are $71.40 so if it gets to 30% they will be $58.80.
    Happy hunting!

SAWMAN

Master
    I was wondering just what a $84 hat looked like . . . soooooo . . . I googlie-eyed it and . . . . . good lord guys. Gotta admit,for a minute I thought that you mispelled Stetson. --- SAWMAN

Mic

Expert
    They are really very comfortable.
    I mean, you can buy a Hi Point .40 or a Glock .40 or a Kimber .40 they are all different.

Welldoya

Master
    Sounds like a lot for a hat but they are fine. They always look good, super comfortable, guaranteed for life and even shed water. I get compliments everywhere I wear it.
    Think about it, what else are you going to buy where the difference between the best and mediocrity is $50?

Murfpcola

Master
    I figure I will update this to maybe save some members some time. I made a quick walk through the Pensacola store today. They have a sign saying up to 40% off but you will have to really look for the 40% stuff. Most all of the "gun accessories" section is still 10% off. The optics that are in the glass cases are 15% off. Yeti stuff is 10% off. Guns are 5% off. Looked like most of the shoe section had 20% signs with a few 30% signs.

pcolagunner

Master
    I figure I will update this to maybe save some members some time. I made a quick walk through the Pensacola store today. They have a sign saying up to 40% off but you will have to really look for the 40% stuff. Most all of the "gun accessories" section is still 10% off. The optics that are in the glass cases are 15% off. Yeti stuff is 10% off. Guns are 5% off. Looked like most of the shoe section had 20% signs with a few 30% signs.

Thanks for the update! I was going to go by after work but now I think I'll wait.

Telum Pisces

Master
    That's what I figured. I'll wait a few more weeks.
    Thanks for posting.

Here is what I've noticed with these things.

Unless you hit it almost just right, meaning a day or two, they try to advertise the heck out of the going out of business deals at the highest price possible. This is the liquidator doing this, not the store/chain. They are trying to squeeze as much as they can out of the inventory. The liquidator has usually already bought the inventory at this point.

They will do a quick 1-2 day everything must go at decent prices!

Then it will all magically be gone! They sell it to the third party auctions or liquidator stores across the country etc... to be found elsewhere.

RackinRay

Master
    The online clearance ad says 15% off on guns, and up to 40% on other items. Went by the store Sunday and they had 5% off on guns, and only 30% off on selected merchandise. Still not at a price point where I might be a buyer, but I have a few items to keep an eye on so will go back next Sunday!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    I was in there the other day and they had LEO trade-in G21s for $379 or something like that. I believe they were gen 3.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    I stopped by again this morning to kill some time at 10:45. The customers before me were stopped outside the door and the employee said they are closed for inventory. Not sure if that means for good or they use want to see how much they have not sold and will adjust prices accordingly.

I keep meaning to stop by and check out the "sale" prices. Doesn't sound like I'm missing out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    I went up to Sam's Club at lunch so I went next door to Gander thinking that it can't be that bad. I was wrong.
    They have an enormous amount of inventory for a store that has been going out of business for two weeks. I mostly saw 10% and 15% off (even 5% off) but there were a few 30% off. Just a couple 40% off and it wasn't on anything that I wanted.
    But you can buy a Smith and Wesson Shield for only $429. Cough, cough.
    They had the small Yeti's on clearance for $225..............or you can go next door to Sam's and buy them for $199.
    Amazingly I saw a couple of guys buying handguns. Must not keep up with prices.
    A pretty embarrassing "going out of business" sale actually.
    I would say if everything in the store were 60% off, there would be decent deals.
    I was lucky enough to be an audience for a couple of elderly "gentlemen" who still thinks it's cool to drop the F-bomb in public so the trip wasn't a total loss.

pcolagunner

Master
    Maybe Gander Mountain is holding one of those "going out of business" sales like the oriental rug places or the furniture stores that are going out of business for years!! lol

Top Bottom