• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    4.99 for diesel at several raceways in pcola. It will be 5 bucks tomorrow.
    I thought they couldn't change the price until they got a new load? Saw one store go up twice in one day.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Paid $4.69.9 in Pace today

Sgump

Broke gun enthusiasts
    GCGF Supporter
    I thought they couldn't change the price until they got a new load? Saw one store go up twice in one day.
    They now how much the new load is before it comes and start rising to pay for it

44Ruger

Expert
    No such rule. I was talking to the counter guy at a small Circle K last Saturday and he told me he raised the price 3 times Friday or Thursday.

IronBeard

Master
    We may get 55 mph max speed limit ,That was fun !!!! Hunter beer instead of Billy beer !
    Billy Beer. Crap, I'm getting o-l-d.

IronBeard

Master
    My dad had told me stores would only give you a few gallons a day. That some days there wasn't gas to go to work.
    Yep, and when the rationing was on vehicles with license plates ending in odd number could buy on odd numbered days, and evens on the other days. What a GF, and all I had to gas were my dirt bikes....

IronBeard

Master
    Yup, I remember it far to well. Even or odd last number of license plates alternating days, limits on how many gallons you could buy. I remember waiting 5 or 6 hours with my Dad on back to back days filling his and moms cars. When stations ran out, people would leave their cars in line and walk home... its coming soon. With inflation as high as it has ever been, ongoing shortages of vital components, commodities and workers, brass, lead and clean water are becoming increasingly important. Buhlee dat!
    Yep. Gas line wrapping around the block and cops trying to keep traffic moving, until they gave up.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Ha, you old timers. When I started driving gas was over $4/gallon, but I grew up in DC. It cost me almost $150 to fill my Suburban. Thanks Obama!

MarkS

Master
    I remember seeing signs before I was old enough to drive for 19 cents/gallon. It was 28 cents/gallon when I got my license and it cost less than $4.00 to fill my little car up. I was 15 and would drive everywhere until the motor went just south of Duke Field as I was coming home from Ft Walton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    I can remember gas as low as 19 cents when I was a kid and they would usually give you a plate or something with a fill up.
    It was 30 or 35 cents when I started driving. Cost around $4.50 to fill up my ‘67 Mustang.

lil'skeet

Master
    $0.90 per gallon here. Made $15 dollars per hour framing homes in high school working on a co-op program. Dropped out at 16 years old. Those days were easy financially. It took me 1 hr of work to fill my 15 gallon truck.
    Same 15 gallons today, 27 years later, over 2 hours of work to fill the same tank.
    When Trump was in office took 3\4 of an hour to fill that same tank.
    BUILD BACK BETTER works for me! FJB!

Top Bottom