• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeepSouthArmory

Shooter
    Im going to be 73 in a few months and don't feel like 73.
    Still working every day, sometimes 10-12 hours/day.
    Work in the heat, attics, roofs, crawlspaces under homes, exterior of homes, and don't stop for lunch. Im in better shape than most 40 year olds, and some in their 30's.
    Yes, sometimes it's brutal, but I love the work and wouldn't change anything.
    I have trained numerous guys to do what I do (more than 20 of them) over the past 10 years and give them a chance to make a better living for their families. I show them how to get business and how to make money. I help then get started by giving them the tools they need for success. Literally, like tools and equipment along with my advice on marketing and presentation, and reporting tools they need.
    It's a pleasure that I don't take lightly. It's been my mission for the past 18 years after my 2nd retirement. I had a SF PTSD Vet that recognized the opportunity and is doing quite well for himself. He is now reaching out to other SF Vets and has assisted more that 30 Vets across the country to get in the business and he is paying it forward.
    To me the meaning of getting older better is like this:
    It's more important to make a positive difference is someones life than what you take for yourself. Ive learned that blessing someone is the biggest reward, and the blessing are returned 10 fold. Its helping the deserving guys that just need a break in life or different direction, and Im not done yet.
    Watching these guys thrive is my biggest blessing and some have become like family. So I try help someone help themselves. That's it in a nutshell.
    And of course I make a good living in the process.
    Life's about working hard, earning respect by being respectful, always doing the right thing and lending assistance to those who are willing to work for themselves and their families, and trying to be a good example to those I teach..
    So, you don't have to quit when you have a mission in life regardless of your age.
    Experience, wisdom, and knowledge, comes in time, so getting older is pretty cool. I hope you older guys are sharing your wisdom. It is needed today!
    By the way, where did all the years go?
    Well said, I’m 58 and the greatest pleasure I have in life is seeing someone I mentored kicking ass at life. Paying it forward is where its at.

Top Bottom