Got it, the switchback .22 can. Talk me out of it, too late...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I have quite a few .22's, 22 mag. figured I'd get a good one. $456.00. Can is black.
    Would be nice if there was a do all can. Say 30 cal that would work for several that dosent resemble a tee shirt cannon.

Just wondering if the can route is worth the squeeze?? This .22 can will be +$800 by the time the fees and taxes are on.

Screenshot_20240526_211734_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Ugafan84

Shooter
    Well I’m still loving mine that I got recently and feel it’s a little quieter than my sparrow. I still haven’t shot it in the short configuration yet but have done the medium. I’m still going to say go for it!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Well I’m still loving mine that I got recently and feel it’s a little quieter than my sparrow. I still haven’t shot it in the short configuration yet but have done the medium. I’m still going to say go for it!
    Try the short for SCIENCE! I'd be happy with a reduction so my ears don't bleed on a pistol.

Ugafan84

Shooter
    I’ll take it out next Saturday to try it out at my father-in-laws property. I’ll let you know. I’ll need to sight a couple things in and plink around with it.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Dead Air Mask HD. Zero first round pop, super quiet, and rated for up to 5.7. Total cost including the stamp was 677.93, well worth it to me. The adjustable suppressor's don't thrill me, as post no 2 says it just seems overly complicated, I'm so lazy I'm thinking about buying another couple of Masks because I don't even like swapping a can between guns :) .
    CASE.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Dead Air Mask HD. Zero first round pop, super quiet, and rated for up to 5.7. Total cost including the stamp was 677.93, well worth it to me. The adjustable suppressor's don't thrill me, as post no 2 says it just seems overly complicated, I'm so lazy I'm thinking about buying another couple of Masks because I don't even like swapping a can between guns :) . View attachment 288400
    Well that's cheaper at least. Waiting for a report on how well the short can mod works.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Well time to get "Billy Ray serious" and buy one. Gonna order one and have it shipped to my local ffl.
    I never knew how many different makers of cans there is. WTH?
    Also a fella in pcola that builds em and sells em.
    Wanted to get a multi can but am thinking a dedicated 22 one first as I really enjoy 22,22 mag. ( critter zapin) Still wanting the switchback. Grrrr. Even though I've seen .22 cans as low as $150.
    Confused as a baby in a top less bar.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Found another. I know because it has "Q" on it that's an extra $100. But i can be extra cool. One baffle or 10 users choice. 3.8 oz full configuration.
    Might have a winner.
    Screenshot_20240607_095143_Samsung Internet.jpg

$380.

Themumfordman

Master
    There’s a ton of brands out there now on suppressors and for the most part they generally seem to make really good stuff. My only “modular” one is a Banish 45 pistol caliber that has a short and long configuration, which honestly I never mess with and just leave it full length.

I like my little Q for 22, but SilencerCo and Dead Air both make unbelievably solid stuff at pretty decent prices if you just want something rock solid.

I will say, I’ve got a couple YHM cans in 9mm and 30 cal that are incredibly effective and very reasonably priced. I’ve not run their 22, but everything else I’ve tried is legit quality for a lot less than some of the “name” brands.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    There’s a ton of brands out there now on suppressors and for the most part they generally seem to make really good stuff. My only “modular” one is a Banish 45 pistol caliber that has a short and long configuration, which honestly I never mess with and just leave it full length.

I like my little Q for 22, but SilencerCo and Dead Air both make unbelievably solid stuff at pretty decent prices if you just want something rock solid.

I will say, I’ve got a couple YHM cans in 9mm and 30 cal that are incredibly effective and very reasonably priced. I’ve not run their 22, but everything else I’ve tried is legit quality for a lot less than some of the “name” brands.
    Which q 22 do you have? Looks like this one - erector is .22 lr only.

Top Bottom