• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Thats the drawback to a can on a pistol. The diameter of the can is much bigger than the pistol frame so no retention. The other issue is them cans heat up FAST and I don't think having the forbidden popsicle that close to my body if it was to be re-holstered would be good... G-code makes holsters that use weapons mounted light, may wanna look at their site.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I've never had one but know these exist https://www.hushholsters.com/

Thats the drawback to a can on a pistol. The diameter of the can is much bigger than the pistol frame so no retention. The other issue is them cans heat up FAST and I don't think having the forbidden popsicle that close to my body if it was to be re-holstered would be good... G-code makes holsters that use weapons mounted light, may wanna look at their site.

Thanks to both of you, I now have the terms “whisper pickle” and “forbidden popsicle” in my vocabulary of suppressor synonyms.

1722791845034.jpeg

DustyDog

Master
    With the can on won't fit any of my regular holsters! What yall using??
    If the oppressor is 1-1/8" diameter or less (I know... not likely), and you have a light and a slide-mounted optic, this might work:

https://www.orpazdefense.com/t40-light-bearing-holster.html

DSC09450web2.jpg

DSC09476web.jpg

You would remove the retaining magnet and be left with the retaining lever behind the slide, and the optic would stop against the rear of the holster. Same thing if no light:

https://www.orpazdefense.com/t41-universal-holster.html

Orpaz may even have something "oppressor-pacific"...

And I have one similar to this (Cytac) which has an almost 1-1/4" open end; again, no light:

https://www.amazon.com/CYTAC-Holsters-Holster-Tactical-Waistband/dp/B07WRGZLXQ/

Last edited:

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    "Forbidden Popsicle"...... ROFL, I love it....
    ......I was tempted to lick my can... once.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Don't know the maker of the holster other than the tag, and made in mexico. Not a perfect fit but works.
    It goes over the shoulder and velcro to your belt. Needs a pad on the top of the strap to keep from scrubbing my neck.
    20240805_092525.jpg
    20240805_092539.jpg
    20240805_092611.jpg

jettjon

Expert
    Good luck. I've tried the flashlight mount and while it works, it's hardly secure for regular carry. I would say if you can find one that fits, a large nylon pouch would probably be best.

850guns

Master
    I've seen a u2ube video (a while back). Trex arms or something was developing a pistol holster with a can.
    They also have a cool angled back up red dot mount that is well thought out.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Found a shoulder pad off an old laptop bag. Much better. Still fine tuning adjustments for carry. Wore all day yesterday while working, installing windows in shooting house. Only had 3 instantaneous where it was annoying. On hands and knees, cutting boards. Thinking I need to shorten the cross strap a bit.
    20240812_112313.jpg

Top Bottom