I guess we can put them back on for now. I hadn't thrown any of mine away yet.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    My braced pistol was "amnesty" registered during the "no tax" time frame. I put a real rifle stock on it once it was approved for more comfortable shoulder holding/shooting/storage (a SIG folding rifle stock). Been using it as a SBR since. I like SBR's. I kept my brace just in case all has to go back to what it was before, so I'm covered for all foreseeable scenarios.

Since we're playing "speculation theatre", if the whole thing goes back to braced pistols are OK, use them however you want, my speculation is:

ATF will say (to those who registered them as SBR's) you have a choice of undoing the registration like it never happened and it's once again a braced pistol with no SBR restrictions/registration OR it can be left as a registered SBR with its restrictions and benefits, your choice. If left as a SBR, don't contact us. If being unregistered and back to a braced pistol, here's the form letter you are to submit and you'll receive an acknowledgment letter back.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Yep, I can take apart those chairs I made now. I can use my recover pistol brace with my G40 for hunting deer, drop in my 9 inch barrel and go get dinner!! hell yeah!! Where's my shovel.

Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    I just wonder when you “register” that you can unregister? Would like to hear about this actually happening, not speculation.

lil'skeet

Master
    I just wonder when you “register” that you can unregister? Would like to hear about this actually happening, not speculation.
    There is no "unregistering" with guns...... Unless they tell you "it's ok, there's nothing to worry about, we are on your side, we want to help you, we're on the same team".
    You Just became a little bigger blip on the radar, compared to someone with a 4473 & multiple sales form.

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Isn't it just a letter/form to change it from an SBR to a rifle now? Kinda like the caliber change letter.
    One good thing about them being pistols again, is you can take it across state lines without notifying anyone

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    it wont happen, the govt never purges info, regardless of what they say..... the mega storage facility in utah saves everything....

.22 cents

Master
    Big respect for those who stand their ground and not live on their knees.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    they probably would drag those heavily armed Revenuers into it with them

Cwballistics

Shooter
    Amnesty registration is contingent upon the rule being in place. If the rule gets a permanent injunction, then there is a possibility that the amnesty registration is null and void. Keeping a stock on an amnestied lower could result in an illegal SBR. Just repeating what I heard. I do know that wording in the ATF ruling does state that the amnesty is linked with the rule being in place. Logic dictates this could be a technicality that leads some people to be walking around with illegal SBRs if the rule gets thrown out for good one day.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom