• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    I don't know for sure if it's what did it but I was having some pretty bad knee pain for a while. I started drinking one of these Joint Juice bottles a day and after about 3 weeks my knee feels much, much better. It's not 100% back to 20 year old status by any means but I rarely notice any pain. Stuff taste horrible but as long as it keeps the knee pain at bay I'm a customer.

Rick

CCHGN

Banned
    Hate to be the wet blanket, but I had knee surgery on my knee( torn Miniscus) and I asked the surgeon about shark cartilage, et al and he said there's no definitve proof that any of that repairs joints, especially if it's degenerative. AFA shark cartilage, he said if that was the case, we'd all be geniuses if we eat animal brains or have great hearts if we ate beef and pork hearts and organs, etc. However, he said that if you think it helps, it helps.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Psychosomatic effect. Cchgn nailed it. If you think it works it works. I get my joint stuff from Puritan.com. Best prices and great buy one get two and so on deals. I take fish oil and ginseng as well. I feel great every day.

shootnstarz

Master
    Well, whatever caused it I went from limping 6 weeks ago to hardly noticing the pain today. JJ is the only thing I've done any different in that time.

Rick

1956_4x4

Expert
    I really thought this thread was going to go a different direction. As I get older I seem to be paying a lot more attention to threads like this...

Smitty

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Smitty all us OLD men watch every health thread, prostrate or joints...LOL

MsChief

Marksman
    I've have joint problems all my life due to having very little cartilage in all of my joints to begin with and it just gets worse the older I get. I've taken all the different supplements and nothing helps with pain except taking pain medicine. I do use natural remedies though as I was taking tons of different medicines and I hated the way they made me feel.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Smitty all us OLD men watch every health thread, prostrate or joints...LOL

Ain't that the truth.
    I have tried this kind of stuff and it did not seem to help me. I also tried the pet version on my old dog. It did not seem to help her either. Maybe the both of us are just too worn out for it to do any good.

Seanpcola

I have a close friend that travels for work often and we dog sit his Old English Sheepdog. He's old and can barely walk sometimes due to hip joint issues. Wife and I started giving him glucosamine and chondroitin as soon as he was dropped off the first time. We had him 3 weeks when the owner showed up and mentioned how much better the dog was walking around. Owner kept him on it and the dog acts five years younger now. Don't think it acted like a placebo in this situation.

Thanks for the heads-up on the JJ Rick, I'll try it. Been pretty stiff and sore lately. Some of it's age, some is working in weird positions and the rest is good old motorcycle injuries paying a visit.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    OK, I am gonna try one more time to get my joint/s working again...LOL

Ryan

Master
    I have a close friend that travels for work often and we dog sit his Old English Sheepdog. He's old and can barely walk sometimes due to hip joint issues. Wife and I started giving him glucosamine and chondroitin as soon as he was dropped off the first time. We had him 3 weeks when the owner showed up and mentioned how much better the dog was walking around. Owner kept him on it and the dog acts five years younger now. Don't think it acted like a placebo in this situation.

Thanks for the heads-up on the JJ Rick, I'll try it. Been pretty stiff and sore lately. Some of it's age, some is working in weird positions and the rest is good old motorcycle injuries paying a visit.

I'll have to tell my dad about that. Our dogs 12 years old she's healthy as can be but shes having a hard time getting up every once in a while.

Seanpcola

I'll have to tell my dad about that. Our dogs 12 years old she's healthy as can be but shes having a hard time getting up every once in a while.

Seriously. It won't hurt to try. Emmett (the Old English Sheep Dog) wouldn't even try to negotiate stairs but after a couple of weeks of giving him that stuff he didn't hesitate to do it. He also took off like a rocket across my yard to nail a possum, something else he hadn't done in years.

I don't mean to say that stuff was a miracle drug but it apparently did loosen up everything enough so that he at least attempted to do what he wanted.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well this old sheep dog needs all the juice he can get..ok back to the bikini thread!

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    WTF!!! I thought this thread was about water bongs!!!

I'll def vouch for the glucosamine. It really seemed to make a dif with our female. She definitely moves around a lot better when she gets it regular.

The glucosamine!!! You Pervs!!! :preggers:

T

tinman

Hate to be the wet blanket, but I had knee surgery on my knee( torn Miniscus) and I asked the surgeon about shark cartilage, et al and he said there's no definitve proof that any of that repairs joints, especially if it's degenerative. AFA shark cartilage, he said if that was the case, we'd all be geniuses if we eat animal brains or have great hearts if we ate beef and pork hearts and organs, etc. However, he said that if you think it helps, it helps.

^ I'm with this reply.

I have osteoarthritis in a knee from an injury (wife ran me down in New Orleans with our SUV a few years ago). What set back the pain (when it finally got bad) was painkillers and exercise.

Biggest advice I got - lose weight and get exercise on the joint to build muscle. Both of which I've done and it on occasionally comes out to bite now. Still gets me if I use a ladder all day long, but I don't always do that.

T

tinman

OK, I am gonna try one more time to get my joint/s working again...LOL

Swimming is a good one. It allows no weight to go onto the joint (which causes pain), and it builds muscle. Plus it's good cardio.

Top Bottom