• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Happy Birthday to all my fellow Marines on the forum. i work with alot of Air Force folks, retired and active duty. good people, but they just dont have the pride in their birthday that they should. this year i am having a small Birthday cake cutting to try and infect them with a sense of how important it is to celebrate your branch. This is the cake i made. obviously i am not a baker.

Attachments

• IMG_20231107_151623_674_resized.jpg
      IMG_20231107_151623_674_resized.jpg
      507 KB · Views: 48

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Happy Birthday to all my fellow Marines on the forum. i work with alot of Air Force folks, retired and active duty. good people, but they just dont have the pride in their birthday that they should. this year i am having a small Birthday cake cutting to try and infect them with a sense of how important it is to celebrate your branch. This is the cake i made. obviously i am not a baker.
    Looks good to me! Pour whiskey on it! Enjoy both for those who can't.

Semper Fi! Since I was a young teenager back in the early 1970s, I take pride in the Marine Corps Birthday. My father, being a former Marine Corps DI was always excited about November 10 and it resonated with me when I became a Marine in 1978. Even though I did some Air Force service many years after my Marine Corps service, the excitement and esprit de corps is not the same even though I had a distinguished time of service in the Air Force.

Snake-Eyes

Master

Gotta love a Marine: any excuse for a party. ;)
    The USMC will be 248, and they will Still be drunk two days later...

Your cake looks tasty. Since you’re sharing with mixed company, it is so considerate of you to omit the crayons. That must be difficult for you.

Hahahahahahaha

Happy 248th, jarheads!!!

NavCorman

Master
    Definitely a brotherhood . Served with with pride alongside some outstanding Marines . Couldn’t save them all, but we tried like hell . Toughest job I hated to love . God Bless, Happy Birthday USMC.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Navy corpsman John Bradley was renowned as one of the six men who raised the flag on Iwo Jima and contributed to the most iconic image of World War II. But he shunned the fame that came from that event. He also shunned any recognition of the Navy Cross he earned for heroism on the battlefield, and his family only learned of the award after his death. Bradley enlisted in the Navy at age 19 and became a Pharmacist's mate. The Marines took him as a corpsman to the islands of the Pacific Theater. On Feb. 21, 1945, he rushed to the aid of a Marine wounded by machine gun fire on Iwo Jima. Under fire, he rigged up an immediate plasma transfusion and bound the Marine's bleeding wounds, while shielding the patient's body with his own. Only then did he drag the Marine thirty yards through an enemy barrage to shelter. A few days later, Bradley was on Mount Suribachi for the flag-raising, then was wounded by shrapnel and evacuated.

rossi

Master
    23rmmd.jpg

Ric-san

Master
    nothing like watching Marines cut cake with a sword

Happy Birthday Marines!
    Sword hell…I brought a Ka-Bar to work on a USAF base a few yrs ago…fun was had by all, who ate the cake.

yeah, i used my kabar also. sold the sword and blues long ago.
    I still have a set of Blues I bought back in 1979. I paid a whopping $200 for them (just the blouse and trousers). Never finished getting everything else for them nor did I ever wear them.

Top Bottom