• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    There are some users on this forum who are using multiple accounts.

I am not sure of what the goal is in this, but we are aware of the existence of the users who have several different accounts on the forum.

I deleted a comment from the for sale section this afternoon and placed a temporary ban on the user who's first post was trashing a for sale thread. Shortly there after, the same user logged in via a second account, and posted the same information. This user's IP has now been banned.

I don't want to make a habit of banning users, or IP addresses from our forum, this is a place for all of us to enjoy some trading, buying selling and conversing, and the last thing I want to do is restrict the number of people that can access the site.

Regretfully, a line must drawn somewhere, those who blatantly break the rules and then think that they can "outsmart" a banned account by logging in under another name and resume the same sort of activity that they were banned for simply don't understand how the site works. Each of us are identified by an IP address, and this can also be banned.

Please guys, lets follow the simple rules set, which all have logical and respectful intentions and lets keep it to 1 account per person.

Thanks,

Ian

Dwatts1984

Expert
    I made the mistake before with the PFF. However I feel that the GCGF has been pretty understanding and isnt full of thread police. I have noticed personally that people are getting on and listing things for sale as a first post. Senior members do the same thing every time "please introduce yourself". This in my opinion is great. I assume most people don't take the time to real rules and such. Moreover, I think they're not aware of proper online etiquette!

There have been many times where I have seen crazy outrageous prices listed, however that doesn't mean its ok to blast someone online for it. Chances are they wouldn't do it in person, shouldn't be done from the comfort and safety of their homes.

GCGF has been good to me and folks like that just been to move on. So ilintner I wouldn't sweat it. Some people just suck!!!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I made the mistake before with the PFF. However I feel that the GCGF has been pretty understanding and isnt full of thread police. I have noticed personally that people are getting on and listing things for sale as a first post. Senior members do the same thing every time "please introduce yourself". This in my opinion is great. I assume most people don't take the time to real rules and such. Moreover, I think they're not aware of proper online etiquette!

There have been many times where I have seen crazy outrageous prices listed, however that doesn't mean its ok to blast someone online for it. Chances are they wouldn't do it in person, shouldn't be done from the comfort and safety of their homes.

GCGF has been good to me and folks like that just been to move on. So ilintner I wouldn't sweat it. Some people just suck!!!

The first post that a user makes being an item for sale is one thing, we don't have a rule against it. But a user deciding to make his or her debut by posting a link in someone's for sale thread pointing potential buyers to another deal is simply unacceptable and cannot be tolerated.

Not sweating it here, I just wanted to let it be known, that there are more permanent ways of removing someone's access to the site than just banning that username.

Thanks for your thoughts, we are trying to run a nice community here!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    ban them all! More rules! We stand behind you!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    well you know common sense, first posts can't be for sale, need to intro, price on ads, things like that.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Ya know Frank, no one likes a fuddy-duddy. Those are some of the best posts!!!!

To shit on!!!! :smash:

outside9

Master
    Humm, if I had two accounts maybe I could win an agurment!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Hugh just likes to play w his wiener too much...yeah but they delete my responses, so now I have a new tactic and it is allowed to stay! Madness at its best!
    That was stanleys trick, when he joins a forum he makes duplicate accounts because he knows he will be banned, this is the first one to let him stay...LOL

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    Glad to know you're looking out for us Ian
    but maybe you could let us in on the doubles
    I mean what good is the reputation page if someone just changes names ?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    There are some users on this forum who are using multiple accounts.

With about 10 years experience in your shoes I can comfortably say, "Welcome to the world of a forum administrator".

Just wait until the chinese spammers find the site...

You guys are doing a good job and we appreciate it.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    THANK YOU for drawing the line. It is needed.

b747fp

Master
    With about 10 years experience in your shoes I can comfortably say, "Welcome to the world of a forum administrator".

Just wait until the chinese spammers find the site...

You guys are doing a good job and we appreciate it.

We already had that issue John, thankfully vbulletin has an enough security plug ins where we are able to cut back on spammers

Using Tapatalk 2, I'm too lazy to log in via my phone

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Good. It's amazing how quickly those azzhats find a new forum and swamp it with spam. We ended up figuring out how to ban the IP addresses of the entire Pacific Rim. It helped a bunch.

Top Bottom