• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Got home from USPSA a little while ago. Sitting down, watching TV with the wife and going through photos from today, drinking a Lagunitas Pils. Nice mild beer after a long day in the sun.

20150502_171606_zpsrkl04oat.jpg

I used to be a big fan of the IPAs, but 20 pounds later I had to give them up. Chicago Batterbrau was the beverage of choice!! Had to go back to the High Life. Now 10 years later if anything different passes the liver other than that she let's me know..

Famine

Master
    I like beer but prefer my beverage to be distilled - whiskey or good gin. My definition of a Martin is good cold gin served in an iced glass with an open bottle of vermouth in the next room. As for whiskey - doesn't matter although sour mash is not on the top of my list. Start with single malt scotch, bourbon, rye, Irish or Canadian

maxfold

Master
    Visited the crawfish festival in pcola yesterday ,stopped by the Brewery onway in tried both of the specials ,nice friendly peaple .there was a Zero the all electric motorcycle ,checked it out , batteries where tank goes .no solar panels ? .saw it ride off ( no noise just humm .150 mile range ,85 mph top speed 0-60 in four secs ! . Festival was lame . Went home bought cigars and a bottle of Sazerac ,rye! Very good ,double shot drank a little added ice ,good ,then water to end 50/50 .was very impressed with this Rye .went to bed .

Garpo

Master
    Yea, we'll have to stop by there soon. Let me know when. They are closed on Mondays.

Maybe next week. I'll let you shoot one of my new toys and after that, we can stop for a brewski. :madgrin:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Maybe next week. I'll let you shoot one of my new toys and after that, we can stop for a brewski. :madgrin:

If you guys decide to do it sometime after 4:30pm or so, I'd like to join in. I need to make time to shoot my new Tanfo anyway and I've been wanting to try FBC's Causeway IPA.

madeSICC88

Master
    If you guys decide to do it sometime after 4:30pm or so, I'd like to join in. I need to make time to shoot my new Tanfo anyway and I've been wanting to try FBC's Causeway IPA.

If you guys dont mind another guy tagging along let me know too, never been there before but sounds like a good time.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Last month Montreal University scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer and a theory as to the effects on men who drink too much beer.

-------------Beer contains female hormones! Yes, that's right, FEMALE hormones!

Their theory is that beer contains Hops and Hops contain Estrogen thus female hormones, and their theory is that by drinking enough beer, men could behave and in some cases look like women.

To test their theory, They initially had 100 men each drink 8 large drafts of beer within a one (1) hour test period.
    After this one hour test it was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:

1) Argued over nothing.
    2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong.
    3) Talked excessively without making sense.
    4) Became overly emotional.
    5) Failed to think rationally.
    6) Had to sit down while urinating.

To verify their theory the test was perform for two continuous weeks and ended with the same conclusions, in addition the following physical observations were noted on the test subjects:

1) All gained weight.
    2) All couldn't drive.
    3) All had various increases in breast size that shape outwardly from their chest, in what is referred to as "Man Boobs".

This is alarming & scary stuff!

madeSICC88

Master
    I'm not. I'll be trying to clean out my garage enough to get the Camaro inside.

Haha yea you guys got a driveway full over there.
    I'll probably go with the wife if my sister will watch our kids. She doesn't drink much and almost never beer, but she says it sounds fun.

Ryan

Master
    There is 99 beers on the lawn or something this weekend over in fairhope. I heard 99 beers and told my friend to buy me a ticket.

madeSICC88

Master
    There is 99 beers on the lawn or something this weekend over in fairhope. I heard 99 beers and told my friend to buy me a ticket.

Was planning on going to that too but TennJeep is making by a scope from him so i might be out of play money for the week. Might still make it though.

Had to break a $20 for my Daughter so I grabbed a few bud light 16ozers, haven't had BudLight for a while, reminds me of highschool haha.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom