• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Jack slept til almost 0900. Our hospice nurse said this would happen. Eat less sleep more. Struggle to understand him now but we get it eventually, sometimes after 5 or six repeats. He never gets upset, or loses patience with us, just repeats it until we figure it out. He called me to his side and it took three tries to figure out he was saying I love you to me. Take him if you must Lord but let the kid speak. Amazingly I was making breakfast yesterday and clearly heard Dad three times. Thought it was a movie on one of the other kid’s computers at first. Ran to him and he told me he was worried about his baby sister who had managed to stand up in her high chair. Got a pic of her in the chair and him watching her from his bed in the living room. He nods majestically now when I show him his poker hand. He is our little God Pigeon from Goodfeathers. We picked out what we will dress him in. We prop him up with pillows and blankets at the table and in bed. What am I going to do without him. Sweetest smartest funniest toughest of our bunch. His older brother was shaking last night with anger and grief. Told him how so sorry I am I could not save his brother and he should not have to go through this. He told me he would take Jacks place without hesitation and that he hadn’t been a good older brother. Consoled him as best I could. When I break down he is the first to come wrap his arms around me and tell me it’s gonna be alright, because God told him. If it wasn’t for him not sure I could continue forward in this horror. When he talks to me and I look in his beautiful dreamy eyes I break down. How does anyone do this. He wants to go outside now so putting him in his wheelchair to go sit at the picnic table.

MarkS

Master
    Praying for all of your family

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Praying with you that the Lord will give you strength and peace in this valley

M60Gunner

Master
    Thank you so much for your support and prayers. Praying so much crying so much. We believe in God and so by default we know there is evil. This is evil. Wife read to me last night only 4% of funding goes to children’s cancer. How is this even possible? Thank you for your support, whether in post, telephone, or in person. Like I’m falling down a gorge and yet when I read your words they’re like a ledge catching me. A certain moderator showed us kindness and generosity I still cannot fathom. Caveman your strength and honor are palpable when we talk and I thank you for reminding me to set the example as the head of my family. Mark we met several years ago briefly at the former circle k and I enjoyed our conversation. Cannot even remember what you had on the trailer you were pulling, but I remember your strength and kindness. Never had the pleasure of meeting you JW or you Rebel but I feel your courage in the way you both approach life and meet it head on. Odd how people who you do not have long lasting relationships with or even know at all make such a difference in your life. Jack asked to go to the park yesterday and so we loaded up and went. There was a small slide I managed to carry him up to and went down it together. A small circle swing he sat on with his mom for a long while and gently swang leaning back onto her. The whole time he was watching his baby sister as she toddled around picking up rocks and leaves, always her protector. Don’t know how this is gonna go. Does anyone ever though, really? It’s scary to ponder, which is why we pretend we can make plans for next week when in reality almost nothing is in our control. Enough sobbing for this morning. My sweatshirt sleeve is soaked. Jack is here with me at the window sill and he wants a shower. Have to get his little chair ready and have his brother help me with him. God bless all of you and protect you.

Beached

Expert
    I will pray but your faith will do more I believe people can do miracles if nobody tells them they can’t don’t let your five year old believe he is sick keep him believing he will be just fine and it will happen.

M60Gunner

Master
    Jack had a seizure today. He waited til the day after his sister’s birthday. He vomited at the table, I got him in the shower and he vomited again and went rigid and was choking as his teeth were clenched. I managed to get my finger in the back space as he doesn’t have adult molars yet and got the food out. He bit the f@&$ outta me lol. Got him to the bed and placed him in LRR. He pooped and I cleaned it. Called the nurse from the shower. He can no longer talk and can only open one eye, cannot open his mouth. Now I know the little sponges on sticks are for moistening his mouth since he can’t eat or drink. Aspiration risk. He fought every inch and I am sitting here beside him and told him what needed to be said. Dark circles under his eyes. He listened and nodded and we locked eyes for what will probably be the last time if not damn close. He knows and nodded when I asked him to let me know he is ok if he can once he gets to heaven, and my grandfather who is also Jack will be there for him. He just drifted to sleep and I hope he goes peacefully. He deserves that much Lord. I’ll be up with him all night. Mom is washing his outfit and has his rosary and some other things which are important to her that he has. Beautiful night out here. Mom is with him. Death is close. So is God. I can feel it. As with most things of supreme importance they never happen the way you imagined. The best kid anyone could ever hope for. Son, brother, angel.

woodsy85

Expert
    I joined this forum to look at classifieds and have never posted until now, but I’ve been following Jacks story and my wife and I have been praying for him and your family. I pray you are all surrounded in God’s love and that Jack receives the peace that was promised to him through the blood of Christ. Blessings, peace and love to you and your family, brother. In His most holy name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    We suctioned his nose and mouth as he struggled. She held the bucket and I held him upright and held his head as he vomited brown liquid. We prayed. Candles and pictures of saints and our Lord, an electric cross shines on him. He is sleeping, pillows and blankets hold him upright. It’s 0400. Everyone is asleep. My wife is sleeping next to Jack. He opens his eyes and I tell him I am here, Dad’s got you, and he drifts back to sleep. Reminds me of the guard posts I pulled in the military. His breathing is odd, up high in his chest. So selfish of me to pray for another day, but it may happen. An honorable man once said you should strive to do your duty in all things, you cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. If there is a Heaven for honorable men then my son will get to meet him.

IronBeard

Master
    We suctioned his nose and mouth as he struggled. She held the bucket and I held him upright and held his head as he vomited brown liquid. We prayed. Candles and pictures of saints and our Lord, an electric cross shines on him. He is sleeping, pillows and blankets hold him upright. It’s 0400. Everyone is asleep. My wife is sleeping next to Jack. He opens his eyes and I tell him I am here, Dad’s got you, and he drifts back to sleep. Reminds me of the guard posts I pulled in the military. His breathing is odd, up high in his chest. So selfish of me to pray for another day, but it may happen. An honorable man once said you should strive to do your duty in all things, you cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. If there is a Heaven for honorable men then my son will get to meet him.
    Sorry Bro. Truly. Tough road to walk...

Top Bottom