• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Has anyone heard of this show called "Party Down South"? I had to look it up. It sounds like a spin-off of that horrible "Real World" where they get a bunch of arrogant, horny, twenty-something assholes and throw them in a huge house for several weeks. The idiots screw each other and go out partying and piss off the locals and break stuff and generally act ridiculous.

Apparently this show is going to be filmed in Pensacola for its second season. When there is more info I'm going to do more research. It sounds like I'll be living in the area again during the filming. I really wouldn't want to come across any of them. The show sounds like they pick a bunch of jerks from out of state and drop them in Pensacola to act like Southerners, but they really just act like fools.

jakec

Master
    i saw something about it on facebook that was the first ive heard of it. pretty damn stupid.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Hot damn the stoopid rednecks will be on TV now...just great!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    This sorta reminds me of the citizens in Destin protesting the first Strip Club. I doubt anything that is shown on the show does not happen weekly during Spring Break at the beach or at Florabama, Club Vela(sp) in PCB or Crab Island in Destin already.

M.O.A.

Master
    Redneck Riviera.. lmao.

posthuman13

Expert
    If people would stop watching this reality tv crap, maybe it wouldn't be on every channel. I guess it is hard to stop them when production cost is so low though. They are a waste of time IMO.

Flguy32514

Expert
    for those of you that have facebook, there is a page called "locals against party down south" you should go like, trying to build support to keep them from filming here. There is also a petition going around.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well that looks redneck enough to be at Pensacola Beach, they might be able to hang w the locals.

Jason

Master
    Hahahaha. Them shows are soooo stupid but you get glued into watching the idiotic stuff!!!

News posted last night that it will not be coming here.....

DaBreeze

Master
    Got shot down. Ain't going to happen on Pensacola Beach.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Got shot down? Best thing that happened.

There was all kind of talk about the money that it brings in to an area and the free advertising. Insofar as the money, there was a piece on WEAR this AM saying that the states that give tax credits to the filming companies regain about $.37 for every $1.00 that give in tax credits. Not such a great deal if you ask me. And about the free advertising. I'd rather not see this area high lighted as an area that caters to drunken, brawling, bed hopping, stupid twenty-somethings. I'd rather try and cultivate a reputation of a family friendly area!

DaBreeze

Master
    Got shot down? Best thing that happened.

There was all kind of talk about the money that it brings in to an area and the free advertising. Insofar as the money, there was a piece on WEAR this AM saying that the states that give tax credits to the filming companies regain about $.37 for every $1.00 that give in tax credits. Not such a great deal if you ask me. And about the free advertising. I'd rather not see this area high lighted as an area that caters to drunken, brawling, bed hopping, stupid twenty-somethings. I'd rather try and cultivate a reputation of a family friendly area!

30 years ago Id been right there in the middle of 'em !

M.O.A.

Master
    There will be no partyin in " God's waiting room " !!

Katartizo

Shooter
    I had to double check to make sure I was on GCGF! This looks just like the conversation I read on the Pensacola Fishing Forum last night. It looks like several on here also spend time over there. I watched a few minutes of the show last night just to see what it was about. I turned it on, and the guys were peeing on themselves! If that is what they call fun...that is pitiful. The "rednecks" I know would probably take those poor excuses for entertainment for a ride that would cause them to do more than pee on themselves, just for calling themselves "rednecks". The world has changed in such a way that it appears it is going backwards in many ways. I actually feel sorry for the 20 something and younger crowd. When I was that age I always looked forward to life's challenges. This generation is being ....for lack of a better word, screwed!
    I guess some folks may find it entertaining. Anything goes has become our countries motto. I guess "freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose" has taken on a whole new meaning. Some may get that reference, some may not. Good o'l Bobby McGee.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom