• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anyting5dolla

Expert
    My Icrw pcc custom build takes glock mags if this counts. Weight 4lbs 11oz no mag. Gets a lot of attention everyone wanted to know about it at Santa Rosa shooting center today.

Attachments

• D5207330-E73F-4525-B075-0A7664C9AFC0.jpeg
      D5207330-E73F-4525-B075-0A7664C9AFC0.jpeg
      326.2 KB · Views: 97
    • 393BA1B6-5CC7-41DF-A255-C892BD55A96C.jpeg
      393BA1B6-5CC7-41DF-A255-C892BD55A96C.jpeg
      669.3 KB · Views: 94

Raven

Master
    My Icrw pcc custom build takes glock mags if this counts. Weight 4lbs 11oz no mag. Gets a lot of attention everyone wanted to know about it at Santa Rosa shooting center today.
    You know we've got massive amounts of sand, gravel, swamp and detritus around here and you just riddled your tight tolerance receiver with holes big enough to throw a whole mountain of gravel through it. You'll be taping cleaning rod sections to the outside of that pretty toy. Just saying. Looks good though

Last edited:

Anyting5dolla

Expert
    You know we've got massive amounts of sand, gravel, swamp and detritus around here and you just riddled your tight tolerance receiver with holes big enough to throw a whole mountain of gravel through. You'll be taping cleaning rod sections to the outside of that pretty toy. Just saying. Looks good though
    Paper princess not meant to be dragged threw the woods actually is a very clean ar. Icrw recievers come like this if you get the berserker models. Handguard and buffer tube yes that was me, was to loose as much weight as possible.

Anyting5dolla

Expert
    You know we've got massive amounts of sand, gravel, swamp and detritus around here and you just riddled your tight tolerance receiver with holes big enough to throw a whole mountain of gravel through. You'll be taping cleaning rod sections to the outside of that pretty toy. Just saying. Looks good though
    And I thought he said spacey gun not reliable gun. If you want reliable just buy what’s sold off the shelf, add a scope boom there you go.

Raven

Master
    Paper princess not meant to be dragged threw the woods actually is a very clean ar. Icrw recievers come like this if you get the berserker models. Handguard and buffer tube yes that was me, was to loose as much weight as possible.
    You don't really need a safety... or a LRBHO... or a handguard for that matter. One day I'll bob an AR just like an old school Harley bobber. Just start cutting stuff clean off

Raven

Master
    And I thought he said spacey gun not reliable gun. If you want reliable just buy what’s sold off the shelf, add a scope boom there you go.
    Rebel said both spacey and reliable, when he said "Glock" and "pistol" ;)

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Very cool. I really like having unique firearms. Sad thing OR happy thing is the KT Su16c 16 inch, .223 that I have is 4.6 from the factory. Shoots from the folded position as well and is accurate, reliable and a piston gun with folding bipod built in.

Attachments

• 20210318_142643.jpg
      20210318_142643.jpg
      636.5 KB · Views: 66

MAXman

Master
    Well I don’t think llamas have been to space. But you have the canvas with that so why not?

If it were me, When I think of space I either think of NASA during the space race... or I think of the Aliens movies.

Space race would be the two actual models that were sent in survival kits by the two countries involved. Personally, I’d go with the smith because 9mm is tied for my second favorite cartridge, and I’m familiar with the platform and I’m a fan. I also like makarovs, but don’t give a flying ace to cosmonauts or Russians, so idfk what they sent to space. In theory one could use a stand in using other space age pistols... the air force at the time was giving pilots air-weight k frames, and if it has to be a new production I guess a 1911 LW commander in 9mm is sorta close. any second/third generation sw 9mm could work since their linage includes nasa procurement(as well as cia, doj, special warfare, every major Leo department in the country...plus there’s a 459 for sale on the forum as I type this).

When it comes to science fiction... well in Aliens they prominently used a hk vp70 and a nickel smith 39 with white grips. I wouldn’t wish a vp70 on anyone, but you could do a modern take and pick the vp9. Id go with a od frame since the space marines had od/black/gunmetal rifles. Taking inspiration from the general issue feel of the characters, and if one just HAS to make a custom piece fit for likes on Instagram, one could maybe do a battleworn ceracote on the slide, maybe with a rack number hand stenciled on the grip, and since the movie really plays up the 80’s cutting edge tech(thermal optics, helmet cams, spot lights attached to everything) one could also hang an industrial looking weapon light or laser off the front. Something like a compensator or red dot I think is in the same spirit, and Cameron would have included those if they were even an idea at the time. Again, if it’s form over function, the original trilogy was very heavy on the industrial theme so I’d pick oversized gnarly looking options.

But that’s just what I think about when I think about space, the iconic period of our history or the gritty portrayal of colonization. As we can see a lot think about space operas.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Well I don’t think llamas have been to space. But you have the canvas with that so why not?

If it were me, When I think of space I either think of NASA during the space race... or I think of the Aliens movies.

Space race would be the two actual models that were sent in survival kits by the two countries involved. Personally, I’d go with the smith because 9mm is tied for my second favorite cartridge, and I’m familiar with the platform and I’m a fan. I also like makarovs, but don’t give a flying ace to cosmonauts or Russians, so idfk what they sent to space. In theory one could use a stand in using other space age pistols... the air force at the time was giving pilots air-weight k frames, and if it has to be a new production I guess a 1911 LW commander in 9mm is sorta close. any second/third generation sw 9mm could work since their linage includes nasa procurement(as well as cia, doj, special warfare, every major Leo department in the country...plus there’s a 459 for sale on the forum as I type this).

When it comes to science fiction... well in Aliens they prominently used a hk vp70 and a nickel smith 39 with white grips. I wouldn’t wish a vp70 on anyone, but you could do a modern take and pick the vp9. Id go with a od frame since the space marines had od/black/gunmetal rifles. Taking inspiration from the general issue feel of the characters, and if one just HAS to make a custom piece fit for likes on Instagram, one could maybe do a battleworn ceracote on the slide, maybe with a rack number hand stenciled on the grip, and since the movie really plays up the 80’s cutting edge tech(thermal optics, helmet cams, spot lights attached to everything) one could also hang an industrial looking weapon light or laser off the front. Something like a compensator or red dot I think is in the same spirit, and Cameron would have included those if they were even an idea at the time. Again, if it’s form over function, the original trilogy was very heavy on the industrial theme so I’d pick oversized gnarly looking options.

But that’s just what I think about when I think about space, the iconic period of our history or the gritty portrayal of colonization. As we can see a lot think about space operas.
    Also, the most useful weapon ( to me) was the old pistol grip pump shotgun with no doo-dads on it, lol. Aliens is a classic but you can't forget Starship troopers for futuristic stuff too. Battlefield tactical nuke? Awsome!

Attachments

• untitled_preview_featured.jpg
      untitled_preview_featured.jpg
      31.8 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom