• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Well, that would make Fredericksburg Virginia a declared battlefield... again...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-205636_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200903-205636_Chrome.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 144
    • Screenshot_20200903-201637_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200903-201637_Chrome.jpg
      112.6 KB · Views: 136

Raven

Master
    My husband speaks just like that.
    You mean the North attacking the South, right?
    The North being the "Union" and the South the Confederacy.
    There was heavy Northern aggression for years prior to hostilities. Time for Southern sympathizers in the military to transfer arms, equipment and supplies to southern armories. Documented.

Raven

Master
    There was heavy Northern aggression for years prior to hostilities. Time for Southern sympathizers in the military to transfer arms, equipment and supplies to southern armories. Documented.
    The north and Americas first dictator Lincoln didn't nix our labor supply until halfway through the war when they saw that their naval blockade wasn't working. Funny thing is that there was more slave owners in the north than south and it took Lincoln the better part of a year to get his troop strength back up after the emancipation proclamation

Attachments

• 20200417_034750.jpg
      20200417_034750.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 138

Raven

Master
    Talking about Kenosha, Fredericksburg, etc, reminds me to tell everyone that they need to be buying more food then bullets, and maybe even focus on food production if at all possible. Something like 70 million Russians died of starvation the first winter after the communists took over because the crops failed or weren't planted at all because of the revolution

Raven

Master
    Talking about Kenosha, Fredericksburg, etc, reminds me to tell everyone that they need to be buying more food then bullets, and maybe even focus on food production if at all possible. Something like 70 million Russians died of starvation the first winter after the communists took over because the crops failed or weren't planted at all because of the revolution
    Yep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-230330_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200903-230330_Chrome.jpg
      126.3 KB · Views: 143
    • Screenshot_20200903-230400_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200903-230400_Chrome.jpg
      166.5 KB · Views: 157
    • Screenshot_20200903-230919_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200903-230919_Chrome.jpg
      168 KB · Views: 152

FrommerStop

Master
    The Bolsheviks took over much earlier and won the civil war mostly by the early 1920's. The 1932 date seems to be the time IIRC when they collectivized farms and lot of bad things happened. Whether if was 70 million I doubt, but a lot of people did die, especially in the Ukraine.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    From wiki and there is caution about the neutrality of the article, but I am not sure what that means.
    The Soviet famine of 1932–33 was a major famine that killed millions of people in the major grain-producing areas of the Soviet Union, including Ukraine, Northern Caucasus, Volga Region and Kazakhstan,[2] the South Urals, and West Siberia.[3][4] It has been estimated that between 3.3[5] and 3.9 million died in Ukraine[6] and 2 million (42% of all Kazakhs) died in Kazakhstan.[7][8][9][10]

The exact number of deaths is hard to determine due to a lack of records,[6][11] but the number increases significantly when the deaths in the heavily Ukrainian-populated Kuban region are included.[12] Older estimates are still often cited in political commentary.[13] In 2007, David Marples estimated that 7.5 million people died as a result of the famine in Soviet Ukraine, of which 4 million were ethnic Ukrainians.[14] According to the findings of the Court of Appeal of Kiev in 2010, the demographic losses due to the famine amounted to 10 million, with 3.9 million direct famine deaths, and a further 6.1 million birth deficit.[6] Later in 2010, Timothy Snyder estimated that around 3.3 million people died in total in Ukraine.[15] In 2013, it was argued that total excess deaths in Ukraine could not have exceeded 2.9 million.[16]

Stalin and other party members had ordered that kulaks were "to be liquidated as a class"[17] and so

Ricochet

Master
    The north and Americas first dictator Lincoln didn't nix our labor supply until halfway through the war when they saw that their naval blockade wasn't working. Funny thing is that there was more slave owners in the north than south and it took Lincoln the better part of a year to get his troop strength back up after the emancipation proclamation
    No going to derail the threat but it is worth noting because my husband was the only person I knew who did not think Lincoln was a hero. I think he believes his motives were not about slavery but he just used that cause to, as you said, exercise his authority and will over the South. Also that it was more political-economical motivated then social justice.
    I personally feel the values of the North and their smug attitude of superiority just don't mix with the South and should have remained in their own bubble/echo chamber.
    Which brings us right back around to Kenosha.

We watched a Tucker video last night on youtube where the guest was saying if Trump wins the left is planing on stealing the election and using the military to get him out of the office and to my suprise my husband mentioned many in the military are NOT pro Trump and would side with the left.
    I also saw a video of a wichcraft priest preaching to military members.
    So now I am reallly worried.
    I will try to find the above videos and post because that helps explain why a 17 yearl old would be where the men, the police and the military should have been.
    When education, corporate ( supermarkets like Publix who donated to BLM ncluded and are now pushing their worker to get vaccinated ), police, sheriff ( Gultieri Pinellas County is a political hore of a sheriff - I detest him ), military, hospitals, church all become political institutions - they can all be weaponized against the population.

Ricochet

Master
    It's called WICCA and some people are defending saying it is not Satanic because Satan is a "creation of Christianity" .

Ricochet

Master
    Here the video claiming the left will elect Biden and use the military to accomplish that goal:

FrommerStop

Master
    No going to derail the threat but it is worth noting because my husband was the only person I knew who did not think Lincoln was a hero. I think he believes his motives were not about slavery but he just used that cause to, as you said, exercise his authority and will over the South. Also that it was more political-economical motivated then social justice.
    I personally feel the values of the North and their smug attitude of superiority just don't mix with the South and should have remained in their own bubble/echo chamber.
    Which brings us right back around to Kenosha.

We watched a Tucker video last night on youtube where the guest was saying if Trump wins the left is planing on stealing the election and using the military to get him out of the office and to my suprise my husband mentioned many in the military are NOT pro Trump and would side with the left.
    So now I am reallly worried.
    I will try to find the above videos and post because that helps explain why a 17 yearl old would be where the men, the police and the military should have been.
    When education, corporate ( supermarkets like Publix who donated to BLM ncluded and are now pushing their worker to get vaccinated ), police, sheriff ( Gultieri Pinellas County is a political hore of a sheriff - I detest him ), military, hospitals, church all become political institutions - they can all be weaponized against the population.
    it is worth its own thread. Lincoln was a war time president during civil war and speaks volumes for how he functioned.
    The war never over just slavery. It was over the manufacturing north needing control over the cotton of the south for its own weaving industry. The english were in competition for USA cotton. There is a long history in Europe to obtain cotton cheaply from their own colonies to the point of forcing it to be grown as part of a tax. Britain wanted access to our cotton. By the way Britain sold weapons to both sides in the Civil war. The enfield musket was commonly used in the civil war.
    Getting back to the present, the BLM movement is being used by the democrats for political purposes and now in fact the Trumpers are using it for theirs.

NEVER LET A GOOD CRISIS GO TO WASTE

FrommerStop

Master
    The 'military' in the USA is huge and not everyone in it is a combat soldier. I suspect that many of these are not conservative. Many in the military are not combat trained to use weapons is what I have been told. I think many of these are not conservative. Heck even some of the combat personnel are gang members learning so to be better prepared when they return to the streets.
    The generals commanding at the top can be replaced at the pleasure of the sitting president. a non-combat soldier can likely be taught well enough how to use a piece of equipment more less against civilians that really have no way of combating armor or a gunship.
    My understanding is that the elite units are likely not going to be in favor of going after civilians.

The wicca are something else. That also needs it own thread. At least they believe in protecting nature since that is what they worship. In america you can be any religion you want. As long as you do not tell me what to do, I do not care what you do as long as it is not illegal. None of my business.

My favorite pagan
    1599230218208.png

Snake-Eyes

Master
    The 'military' in the USA is huge and not everyone in it is a combat soldier. I suspect that many of these are not conservative. Many in the military are not combat trained to use weapons is what I have been told. I think many of these are not conservative. Heck even some of the combat personnel are gang members learning so to be better prepared when they return to the streets.
    The generals commanding at the top can be replaced at the pleasure of the sitting president. a non-combat soldier can likely be taught well enough how to use a piece of equipment more less against civilians that really have no way of combating armor or a gunship.
    My understanding is that the elite units are likely not going to be in favor of going after civilians.

As usual, if you don't have first-hand experience with the issue, why make such specific ASSumptions?

Sure, the military isn't made of 100% identical people, so there will be some bad apples and differing opinioned people. However, it is NOT the same proportions as society at large. Why not? Because of the difficulty of service, the oath taken, the standards expected and enforced, the sacrifices made, and most importantly, the caliber of the company kept.

Just like some politicians expect people to vote a certain way due to their skintone, there are some people who expect the "military" to blindly follow orders from the political party they last voted for?

Uhm... No.

Members of the military take an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States... against all enemies, foreign and domestic. We don't serve a specific person at the expense of the Constitution.

Members of the military are taught the difference between a lawful order and an unlawful order. They are expected to follow the former and question/clarify/refuse the latter.

NO ONE with an honorable mind is "going to be in favor of going after civilians"... regardless of whether they are in an "elite unit".

Most military personnel qualify on some model of small arms. Some exceptions being chaplains, or others for various accepted reasons. What you consider "combat trained" or "combat soldier" isn't worth clarifying. I've seen unarmed chaplains administer aid in a free-fire combat zone, and I've seen kitted-up REMFs complain about the chowhall stateside. BOTH military members STILL served their Country with honor and did Way more than some thug POS SOB in a gang.

One of my closest crew-members was a staunch liberal, and he might even waste his vote on Biden, unfortunately. But he can handle a weapon, he is an expert in his job, he loves this Country, and I wouldn't hesitate to fly with him again in the shittiest of combat scenarios.

And I have no doubt he wouldn't follow an unlawful order against US Civilians, regardless of whose signature is on it or who is spewing the words.

I'll stay silent while you wax poetic about many topics you may have zero experience with, but don't go judging the military and expect the same crickets.

Top Bottom