• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    We sent out a mass email to explain some site changes, I also added it in the rules section, but I figured I would post here as well to make sure the message was received.

Recently we have had an overwhelming number of issues related to users "trashing" other user's threads with comments and content that we feel is inappropriate.

Effective immediately, posting in the for sale section has been restricted in an attempt to solve this problem.

Ads will continue to be posted as they have been from day 1, the part that is changing is other user's ability to respond to these posts publicly.

From this point forward users will PM members in response to ads. The original poster is permitted to bump his or her ad every 24 hours, as long as it has left the front page, and is asked to mark the item as sold when a transaction has been completed.

I regret that this is the direction that we have been forced to go, but I think that in the long run that it will make for a better community.

Bean Counter

Marksman
    The banter in some of those threads was some of the most entertaining stuff on the board. Sorry somebody's feelings got hurt and it had to be shut down.

Clay

Master
    I have a feeling we will see the same handful of jerks using other forum categories to foster further conflict and hope these douche-bags will be banned or suspended when this takes place. We could limit this forum to DYI and Toe-Fungal Removal threads and I'll bet you a diet coke (haha Ian =) that they will assert their dickholiness on there as well.

My 2 cents.... Clay

Clay

Master
    The banter in some of those threads was some of the most entertaining stuff on the board. Sorry somebody's feelings got hurt and it had to be shut down.

I don't think the banter was the problem. The problem is a lack of etiquette and civility, when a member posts something for sale and all these keyboard tough-guys tell them they are asking too much, they can get it lower, their guns sucks, blah blah blah...it's chasing potential members, and veteran ones as well, off this site. Why would anyone join a forum to be belittled right out of the gate? I would have rather seen these few pricks removed, but that's not my call.

poff09

Marksman
    If the price is too high..i dont buy..simple as that..no need to comment on others merchandise

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    I don't think the banter was the problem. The problem is a lack of etiquette and civility, when a member posts something for sale and all these keyboard tough-guys tell them they are asking too much, they can get it lower, their guns sucks, blah blah blah...it's chasing potential members, and veteran ones as well, off this site. Why would anyone join a forum to be belittled right out of the gate? I would have rather seen these few pricks removed, but that's not my call.

Hey watch who ur calling a prick, head case! Hahahaha bunch a panty wearers pull ur tampon out and go back to being men with lil feeling

Clay

Master
    If the price is too high..i dont buy..simple as that..no need to comment on others merchandise

Agreed, and I'm damn sure these folks aren't harassing local real estate agents, car salesmen or Walmart stock boys, but the autonomy of the Internet gives little-wienies a set of cyber-balls.....

Daezee

Master
    An unfortunate consequence will be that others won't be able to see some the trade offers that others are replying with. Example: person X replies, "Would you consider an XYZ rifle for partial trade?". The OP replies, "No thank you." Someone else reading the tread that would be interested in the XYZ rifle could the PM the XYZ owner that he is interested in the XYZ rifle. A win-win. Oh well....

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

On one hand I agree with you, there have been some entertaining threads. On the other hand, this entertainment often came at the expense of the person who was posting the item for sale, and were in violation of the forum's rules.

Clay

Master
    Words hurt Clay! We still cool??

Hugh, you're comments are like tangerine flavored semen, your favorite right? I don't want you censoring yourself one bit you little butt-pirate, ho ho ho!

wildrider666

Master
    I have no problem with the changes. Discussions should only concern buyer and seller. I also like the fact that the Mods can and will kill the accounts and restrict IP access for those that work hard to deserve that banishment. A Forum is only as good as the standards it maintains. Cleaning the room and taking out the trash are needed from time to time.

Well done Mods.

Gaijin

Shooter
    I mostly just come here to read, and buy the occasional firearm, but I will miss some of the comments that I read in the for sale section. I thought most were in good humor/sarcasm. Some were rude, but, entertaining. So sad when the vast majority (who are civil) have to be penalized for the acts of a few.

Sounds familiar........

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Tangerines better than lemon! That just makes my lips pucker!!!

Thanks Clay, next time we can hug it out! I'll bring my assless chaps and you can bring your ball gag..........

Ahhh dammit! Where's that pfoofer gif MsChief????

SAWMAN

Master
    I will say that I COMPLETELY agree with Clays post #4. Couldn't have said it better. Shame on the ones that caused this.

And Bean Counter.....I really do not believe it came about because someones "feelings got hurt". Next time you post a for sale item please allow me to come on your thread and tell you how stoopid you are,how high your price is,what a POS your product is,and put several links on YOUR thread where a potential buyer can buy a like product for less. (OF course I would never do that) This is EXACTLY what a super mouthy piece of shit did on this forum. Then,of course several others jumped in to show how mouthy/cool they could be also. DAMN SAD !!

WELL .............................. ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit

Thanks Clay, next time we can hug it out! I'll bring my assless chaps and you can bring your ball gag..........

See this is the kinda stuff we will miss out on! Looks like PFF rules to me? Sorry did I type that an post? shit

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    There is the wiener guy all over every topic, can we expel him too?

MsChief

Marksman

sPh3H9b.gif

Or should we just step things up and:
    zLy56EN.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom