• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

outside9

Master
    So by that logic if you neighbor is cooking meth are you are not going to inform the police or your neighborhood watch or something whats going on because you don't want to be a "tattle tale" right?!?! ;) haha just messing Outside I get your point, and in no way am I saying that being rude, insulting, or condescending on a forum is the same as cooking meth either!...but I do feel its a responsibility of those on here to make others aware of an individual who is shady or disrespectful or what have you just for the protection of those who don't know already...think of it as all of us being the BBB of the GCGF now! Ok sorry, lame analogy...Haha...but if we all do this it will slowly get rid of those deemed "undesirables" by the rest and this place will stay a good forum for good folks! Cudos Admin

Oh my gosh, Jham was mean to me, I want to report him. In all seriousness I hope you don’t compare someone screwing with your post to someone cooking meth?

outside9

Master
    Okay, I had a bad day and can't seem to stop. If some here are offeneded by someone using "bad words" etc., what about the thread with scantily clad women with guns? Shouldn't we also do away with any thread talking politics, religion and oh wait, we are headed towards exactly what several of us complain about our current president.

Clay

Master
    Okay, I had a bad day and can't seem to stop. If some here are offended by someone using "bad words" etc., what about the thread with scantily clad women with guns? Shouldn't we also do away with any thread talking politics, religion and oh wait, we are headed towards exactly what several of us complain about our current president.

You seem to clearly be missing the point. The concern wasn't stemming from naughty words, gang symbols or the sudden popularity of the word WIENER. It was due to For Sale Ads being intentionally sabotaged by irresponsible members. This section has twice as many threads and 8x the number of posts compared to any other section and is without question, the biggest draw to this website. The owners of this site, and the majority of the members, do not wish for the integrity of this section to be infringed upon by reckless member comments. This isn't about censoring bad words or bikinis, understand?

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I am reporting all of you that typed bikini and Cap'n Crunch!

outside9

Master
    You seem to clearly be missing the point. The concern wasn't stemming from naughty words, gang symbols or the sudden popularity of the word WIENER. It was due to For Sale Ads being intentionally sabotaged by irresponsible members. This section has twice as many threads and 8x the number of posts compared to any other section and is without question, the biggest draw to this website. The owners of this site, and the majority of the members, do not wish for the integrity of this section to be infringed upon by reckless member comments. This isn't about censoring bad words or bikinis, understand?

It might not have started that way but we have clearly heard everything that bothers you.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    To comment on the email I got today, I agree with Ian about folks dumping on a thread. If I wanna try and sell a high point for 600, well that's my business per forum rules. It will eventually fall to the bottom of the stack, unless of course I decide to renew it every 24 hrs... I would hope at some point a pm would arrive with some "advise". With that said I am new to the forum life and have no idea what happened on PFF.

Clay

Master
    It might not have started that way but we have clearly heard everything that bothers you.

Regarding members rights being violated, yes you have. If my comments on this thread and have caused you distress, I would encourage you to peruse the other 5405 threads on the site. This issue is dead, moving on and we would appreciate you dropping it.

poff09

Marksman
    Damn..just getn home and this thread is 10 pages deep..really??...now back to guns...PLZ

statdoc

Expert
    I am a moderator on a board with a national focus, and fully understand how difficult it is to balance free discussion with the greater good of the board itself. I think it is important to limit the negativity spewed on the For Sale threads. Those who get upset that they are asked to act with restraint are not interested in the concept of community.

jakec

Master
    whats the gang sign for "wiener"?

jakec

Master
    thanks Clay! a crip walking unicorn now thats gangsta

Clay

Master
    This thread has run it's course, we appreciate the member support and look forward to fostering a better community for all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom