• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Square payment systems - allowing the use of credit cards via an app on your smartphone -- has just joined the other financial institutions that have gone anti-gun...

Their latest user agreement states: no sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.

Guess I'll not continue to give them any business...:mmph:

Bay Ranger

Master
    Somehow the pro-Second Amendment people in this country need to financially unite against all of these companies that are refusing to do business with gun related companies. And, we need to let these companies know exactly why we refuse to do business with them. If we can ever get a campaign going at a national level it would send them a clear signal about the fiscal cost of their decision. After all, turnabout is fair play. They are using a financial tactic to force their ideals on people, we should do the same thing and make sure that they know about it. Make no mistake about it, if it affects their bottom line they will reconsider their decision!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Good for you guys, stop them in their tracks..where is the NRA, they should be soliciting pro gun businesses for us!

poff09

Marksman
    Quickens has a very similar product and links directly to ur quickbooks if u use them...can't remember product name tho

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Turtle, pay pal bans guns too..square(it is square...lol) is a box you put on a smart phone that accepts and processes credit cards.

Patoz

Marksman
    I believe they are targeting the Gun Show arena with this move. Most of the vendors use this method to accept credit cards for sales since they don't have access to their cash registers. After all, nobody carries cash anymore, at least not in large sums.

wareagle50

Master
    I just makes horrible financial since for a company to do this. I bet on an average gun show over 30k$ goes through, and they get almost 3%. And every weekend there is maybe 200 gun shows across the US. Stupid, I just signed up for another company.

Zeus

Banned For Life
    PayPal is owned by anti gun eBay, if you even have gun related words in a payment received and they notice it they will cancel your account.

There is one that was set up specifically for firearms transactions but I can’t remember the name of it .....

It was being advertised on GB a few months back so it shouldn’t be hard to find

TURTLE

Marksman
    Turtle, pay pal bans guns too..square(it is square...lol) is a box you put on a smart phone that accepts and processes credit cards.

I guess paypal only bans weapons not parts and accessories right? I use it for ammo and acc all the time through Cabelas and CTD ( which I have banned after the gouge) lol.

flyandscuba

Master
    I signed up for payanywhere -- and have already rec'd the approval email. My card reader should arrive in a few days. I read through their terms and conditions and couldn't find anything regarding no firearms, weapons, ammo, etc. If anyone else sees anything contrary -- let me know.

www.payanywhere.com

Their rates are slightly less than Square's as well.

flyandscuba

Master
    Here's the word I just rec'd from payanywhere.com

Chat: We will be with you shortly !
    Chat: We appreciate your business with PayAnywhere

Chat: Interaction alerting Sherecia.
    Chat: Chat has joined the conversation.

User: Square just revised their terms and conditions -- and now prohibit the use of their payment system for firearms, ammunition, or any weapons related items. Does payanywhere have any such prohibition?

Sherecia: Good afternoon customer service this is Sherecia do you have an account with all ready?

User: I am thinking about setting one up with you -- I have one with Square that I will be cancelling

Sherecia: Pay anywhere does not prohibit the use of our payment system for firearms, ammunition, or any weapons related items.

User: Great - thanks, please keep it that way. I will be signing up shortly.

flyandscuba

Master
    Can't find a phone number for square anywhere on their website, trying to call and cancel.

Go to the contact us section of their website. You can complete a form inquiry to customer support. I did -- asked that my account be closed -- and told them why...

Rebuilt

Marksman
    We sell a scanner at home depot as well, can't remember the name of it though. You can find it up by the contractor desk.

outside9

Master
    Square payment systems - allowing the use of credit cards via an app on your smartphone -- has just joined the other financial institutions that have gone anti-gun...

Their latest user agreement states: no sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.

Guess I'll not continue to give them any business...:mmph:

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I hope that decision comes back to bite them.

Top Bottom