• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    What happened? I've had power all day.

WHAT! Power was out from ~330 to 9. My garage wouldn't unlock manually for some stupid reason so I couldn't really go anywhere.

UPDATE: The 7 p.m. estimate for power restoration has come and gone. Riviera Utilities is still working on the issue and some areas have regained power. Riviera pointed blame at an Alabama Power transmission line switch that burned. They have not issues a new time-frame.

An estimated 25,000 people went without power at the peak of the blackout.

Baldwin County EMA said that traffic is "very heavy" in places without working traffic lights and urged caution.

Seanpcola

Edit: Ryan posted what was happening while I was typing.

Im so effing mad right now I cant see straight. At Verizon. I just came back from there a while ago to discuss my upcoming contract renewal and they are pissing me off. My bill is screwed up, they want to charge me for upgrades that I'm due, won't work with me on a phone and when they pulled up my bill it showed I still owe $379 on a $229 table I charged on the bill back in August. Thats not even interest, they changed what tablet it says I purchased. I can straighten that out tomorrow when I bring the receipt but the attitude, the bait and switch tactics, the talking to me like I'm too stupid to catch on to basic math when trying to sell me a new phone has got me torqued. I'm calling customer retention tomorrow.:target:

gendoc

Master
    generators for sale.......get them while there available..........:peace:

gendoc

Master
    naw, our cutouts don't fit foreigners switch sticks..........:usa2:

madeSICC88

Master

My sister saw us in TV last night at the UFC fights. I'm the guy next to the bald guy in the background. Does this mean I'm famous?

MAXman

Master
    There were power outages on 9mile on.....Thursday? Now Baldwin county.... Next there will be "empty" tanks at has stations and half the pumps will be bagged.

It's a conspiracy I tell you. Get people all worked up over storms. Buy yor generators, stock up on gas, get ready for the apocostorm now, it will rape your children and steal your dog.

For anyone who've moved here recently, wait till a storm enters the gulf. You'll see people lose thier minds like the red paratroopers just landed in the lawn.

BamaFan

Marksman
    And those same Idiots run straight to the store and wanna buy Milk and eggs before the Power Outage. I dunno maybe they know something i dont. Red para troopers would surely get my attention.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    There were power outages on 9mile on.....Thursday? Now Baldwin county.... Next there will be "empty" tanks at has stations and half the pumps will be bagged.

It's a conspiracy I tell you. Get people all worked up over storms. Buy yor generators, stock up on gas, get ready for the apocostorm now, it will rape your children and steal your dog.

For anyone who've moved here recently, wait till a storm enters the gulf. You'll see people lose thier minds like the red paratroopers just landed in the lawn.
    Well dude, I can tell you the outage on 9 mile was no conspiracy...unless you think squirrels are taking over.

gendoc

Master
    :amen: on tha tree-rats !!!!!:spy:

MAXman

Master
    Lineman, I in fact do think they are taking over. Once a quarter they test our lines in my neighborhood, constantly probing my perimeter and calculating my dogs reaction time. For every one I, ahem, deal with.... 3 more are sent to fill his place.

However, the underdog in me marvels that one fluffy tailed rat can cause so much havoc in a modern society. It's beautiful in a way.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Lineman, I in fact do think they are taking over. Once a quarter they test our lines in my neighborhood, constantly probing my perimeter and calculating my dogs reaction time. For every one I, ahem, deal with.... 3 more are sent to fill his place.

However, the underdog in me marvels that one fluffy tailed rat can cause so much havoc in a modern society. It's beautiful in a way.
    That's awesome.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I don't know what it is, but it seems like I can never fall asleep on the last night of vacation before I have to go back to work. I went to bed around 9:30pm last night, but ended up tossing and turning until almost 1am. Getting up at 3:30am means it's going to be a LONG day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom