• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Jeep there supposed to be like a Glock. They never fail.LOL

wildrider666

Master
    AK's are more of a HighPoint: cheap and inaccurate. IMHO. I do prefer gas piston systems and own several but none are AKs. Back when real AKs were imported and sold for $250 and ammo was $60 for two cans, it was cheap to sweep the range with them. 3-5 Inch groups were the norm then too. Quality has deteriorated since the Ban and most current U.S. "reassemblers" only produce crap. This is why the duty experts will tell you to hand select your AK. Simple things like proper riveting, un centered cut magwells, off center front sights, no dimples or shims at magwell, wrong caliber bore, auto safety levers in SA guns to name a few. Rebuilders say their parts are from this or that country but do they say they are NEW parts? Are you buying battlefield scrap that was sandblasted and refinished?

Why do people hate the 1911 for its reputation as a loose, rattling inaccurate firearm but love the AK for these same characteristics?

There are a lot of folks that love AKs but if there were no more cheap import ammo available, how long would the romance last?

With your well know pursuit of accuracy in other areas, a AK may be a fun walk on the wild side for you. Lol.

Seanpcola

There's a couple of guys on here that's shot mine thst were very impressed with the accuracy (of course, mine is a -74 so different ammo). I attribute it to being loved by Daezee before I got it.

By the way, all the cool guys from GCGF ate breakfast this morning at Cracker Barrel. Ain't that right Sawman?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon

the hell with ak's.....i will take one of these any day

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah Sean ..... I seen you there with your younger brother.

AK's ----> What do you want a gun to accomplish ?? What do you want/need it to do ?? An AK is like a Mini 14 ..... it is what it is. Don't try to make an AK into something that it was never supposed to be. Don't try to scope it or hang all kinds of "really kewl" stuff of of it. I have a "bit" of experience with AK's. They work. They shoot MOM (minute of man) at 250yds. You can lay down covering fire at 400yds. I would much rather have an AK than a AR if times got tough. (Actually ..... I do.)

They are designed for "close range" warfare. They are like a new Glock or a WWII era Colt 1911 with 20K rds thru it. They come already broken in. They are(IMO)one of the most sturdy guns in existence. I learned real quick .... you don't have to like them but you(depending on your situation)MUST respect them.

A SHTF gun ---> ?? If you have to defend from your house most any gun will do. If you gotta hide out back in the 5 acres of woods and shoot from in back of a tree,most any gun will do. But in a real,your worst nightmare,SHTF sanerio,where you gotta cross rivers,lakes,streams,salt water swamps,take it "swimming" with you,into the sandbox and mangrove marshes,the AR would be/will be my choice. If you need to use your weapon as a hammer,pry bar,entrenching tool,even a beer bottle opener, .......... better go AK. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Where the hell is 'belle ??

Seanpcola

Belle is in the woods and Halloweenin'. She was trying to find someone to go with her last night to a haunted house. I suggested she fo alone but apparently she didn't have the gonads to try it solo. She was skeered.

Jk B.

bohica793

Master
    Belle is in the woods and Halloweenin'. She was trying to find someone to go with her last night to a haunted house. I suggested she fo alone but apparently she didn't have the gonads to try it solo. She was skeered.

Jk B.

You do know she will hunt you down and hurt you, right?

madeSICC88

Master
    Really wanted to get some yard work done or hit the range this morning. The rain/wind has my driveway covered in pine needles.
    Not doing either of those in the rain. Looks like I'll just have to start drinking beer a little earlier then. Shame..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Really wanted to get some yard work done or hit the range this morning. The rain/wind has my driveway covered in pine needles.
    Not doing either of those in the rain. Looks like I'll just have to start drinking beer a little earlier then. Shame..

Too Funny, I spent around 2 hours and filled a 50 gallon bag full of pine needles yesterday. And I don't even have a pine tree on my property.. Damn things get everywhere..

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea they drive me nuts. I have a wooded lot on the backside of my house. I just throw that shit in there.
    Every once in a while I have people stop and ask if they can have them or the pine cones that I have my daughter pick up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom