• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Mark, I've got a dumb question as I'm trying to decide on changing services. You have satellite, are you getting your internet connection through that?
    No I've got Century Link for my internet service as I live close enough to a switching station . Now a couple of my friends use satellite providers and seem to be happy with the service. One of them could get diap-up and the other one has no other choice if she wants internet service.

Seanpcola

You pressure wash the house, you put down a coat of primer, then a coat of paint, and you clean up your mess. What's so hard about that?!?!?
    Damn it! I guess that's what happens when you hire the lowest bidder.
    Anyone know a good exterior painter to fix this mess?

Dan, you should give my step son a call. He's in the business and highly regarded, in fact his crew just did the complete exterior on the Archaeology Museum downtown, a pretty prestigious job.Might be after the first of the year. He's been doing 7 day weeks since April so he and his family are going to a cabin in TN from Friday through Christmas,

Sean (yes, another Sean) Dewall 232-8408

TraderDan

Master
    I Pity the Fool's who put stupid ad's in the shopper / thrifty nickel ! One guy puts under sporting goods " Lots of Brass, must take all" and his phone. Now I call and attempt to find out how much and what kind he has. I could not understand a word he was saying?? He was older sounding and possibly drunk?? After mentioning empty ammunition cases, he said no and I finally pieced together he had brass bowls and dishes and candle sticks. I then told him he may regret putting the ad under sporting goods as every caller will be asking the same questions I just did.
    Another puts 9mm pistol 200.00 Firm and number. Now who isn't going to call to see what they may have for 200.00 firm ? Well it is not what I expected "a Hi-point" it was a mackerov , then the guy goes on to say , it is a russian gun like the walther pp only twice as good, I ave the walther and this is a much better pistol. I am thinking why are you not selling the walther for twice the price and keep the much better pistol??? It has been a long time since I have found a good deal in the shopper.

Champ62

Master
    I Pity the Fool's who put stupid ad's in the shopper / thrifty nickel ! One guy puts under sporting goods " Lots of Brass, must take all" and his phone. Now I call and attempt to find out how much and what kind he has. I could not understand a word he was saying?? He was older sounding and possibly drunk?? After mentioning empty ammunition cases, he said no and I finally pieced together he had brass bowls and dishes and candle sticks. I then told him he may regret putting the ad under sporting goods as every caller will be asking the same questions I just did.
    Another puts 9mm pistol 200.00 Firm and number. Now who isn't going to call to see what they may have for 200.00 firm ? Well it is not what I expected "a Hi-point" it was a mackerov , then the guy goes on to say , it is a russian gun like the walther pp only twice as good, I ave the walther and this is a much better pistol. I am thinking why are you not selling the walther for twice the price and keep the much better pistol??? It has been a long time since I have found a good deal in the shopper.

I don't even look at the thrifty nickel anymore.....

Viking1204

Master
    Wow, the rain forecast for Friday and Saturday went from 80% and 90% yesterday to 40% and 20% today, looks like the majority of rain is going to pass to our North. It hasn't rained much at my house since the summer ended, hopefully we get some soon, things are starting to dry up.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

Same here, never look anymore, certainly the bottom of the heap.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Wow, the rain forecast for Friday and Saturday went from 80% and 90% yesterday to 40% and 20% today, looks like the majority of rain is going to pass to our North. It hasn't rained much at my house since the summer ended, hopefully we get some soon, things are starting to dry up.

I saw that too and I'm glad since I have a range trip planned for Saturday.

Seanpcola

Tonight, balance the checkbook. I HATE it. I feel so poor..

Do like I did, married an accountant and told her "I don't wanna know the details, pay the bills, let me know what I can spend and if we hit rock bottom tell me when to panic". Works like a charm, I'm blissfully stupid and haven't been told to panic yet.:yield:

Seriously though, I've known how you feel many times. At the beginning she showed me a lot of things about budgets and opened my eyes to money hemmorages. I'm not implying that you aren't smart with money, I'm saying there is probably a lot of us though that don't think about the little things that add up. Besides the cig thing I used to be bad about hitting the Tom Thumb at least once a day for stupid stuff. She sat me down and showed me my debit card charges for a month and I almost passed out. She had me make a list of what I bought, then picked up that stuff in bulk at Sam's and told me to NOT pull in the parking lot of that place again except for gas. It was like getting a $200 a month raise. Yes, I knew intellectually that it was ridiculous but I had to see it in black and white.

And yes JWLineman, we did talk in the TT parking lot this week but I was there for the secretary. :evil:

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    We bank separatly, so hers is hers and mine is mine, been doing it for years. It works well for us. Keeps spending trouble's down.

Seanpcola

We bank separatly, so hers is hers and mine is mine, been doing it for years. It works well for us. Keeps spending trouble's down.

You probably have the best idea with the split funds. Mine works for me because she keeps a receipt for everything and can show it down to the penny. Shes ruthless with book keeping. One thing that helps is neither of us use credit cards. We have one that we charge the minimum on just so it doesn't cancel. We operate strictly cash. Of course, it helps that our yard rats are all grown and gone. Big difference.

Snow Bird

Master
    ^^^ works for me to. She has bills that she pays and I have mine.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

TraderDan

Master
    Yea no love lost with AARP , I went to USAA , a veteran only group that seems to have a lot to offer. The only thing I got a little nervous about was their banking, it is online only. I think that may be a big problem if/when the system starts to fail or the grid goes down, you have nowhere to go get your money. Of coarse it would more than likely be difficult at a real bank too.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    USAA is the best, no problem, they have a fantastic Campus in San Antonio more square footage than the Pentagon and it not a highrise, good people.

Viking1204

Master
    Boy it sure sucks at work today, place is dead, bosses should just send us home and give us our 8 hours for the day! Looking forward to taking Friday off and enjoying a 4 day holiday weekend! Quiet around this forum too, guess everyone's doing last minute shopping LOL!

Top Bottom