• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Famine

Master
    That guy is a regular Sean - same outfit. He rides a bicycle - seen him as far south on 29 as W St. Walmart folks just let him be...seems harmless unless his friend "Harvey" can have him show a different side.

Gentlemen, today I was able to achieve my personal best in people of Walmart spotting. Unfortunately, I had left my cell phone in the car and was therefore unable to capture the scene for posterity.

Dude was wearing a jacket that he had overlaid with aluminum foil, and of course, the required tin foil hat. As we checked out I enjoyed the heated and animated conversaton he was participating in with ........no one whatsoever, as best I could tell.

Or WAS there someone else there? Perhaps someone of alien origin? A cloaking device?

Famine

Master
    I cant blame you - he is a very strange bird - I think the foil serves as he night reflector and all that tape holds his 'vest' together...

jakec

Master
    Gentlemen, today I was able to achieve my personal best in people of Walmart spotting. Unfortunately, I had left my cell phone in the car and was therefore unable to capture the scene for posterity.

Dude was wearing a jacket that he had overlaid with aluminum foil, and of course, the required tin foil hat. As we checked out I enjoyed the heated and animated conversaton he was participating in with ........no one whatsoever, as best I could tell.

Or WAS there someone else there? Perhaps someone of alien origin? A cloaking device?

I bet he had on a gcgf shirt under that jacket.

MAXman

Master
    I wish DARPA was real.
    Inter-dimensional wormholes and hell dogs, el chupacabra. I wish they were real and would put out a phased plasma rifle. I don't care about what range it's in so long as it's mil spec

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I hate getting a new debit card. Mine had a fraudulent charge early last week, so my bank cancelled it and sent me a new one. Now that I have the new one, I've got to learn the new number and change the info on several websites.

bohica793

Master
    A little advice from a guy who does information security for a living: NEVER use a debit card online and NEVER store your credit card information on any site. I can give you roughly 3-4 million reasons just from the last 6 weeks.

I hate getting a new debit card. Mine had a fraudulent charge early last week, so my bank cancelled it and sent me a new one. Now that I have the new one, I've got to learn the new number and change the info on several websites.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    A little advice from a guy who does information security for a living: NEVER use a debit card online and NEVER store your credit card information on any site. I can give you roughly 3-4 million reasons just from the last 6 weeks.

I don't have a choice about the debit card because I don't have any credit cards. Been meaning to get one for a while, just never gotten around to it.

Seanpcola

Good advice. When wife had her accounting business it seemed like she spent half her time on helping clients that had gotten hit.

I use prepaid gift cards but I found a couple of on line gun accessory stores wouldn't take them. I guess it's because the card isn't tied into a permanent address?

Same here Brant, paid off the last CC five years ago. Feels real good but sometimes inconvenient.

Last edited:

bohica793

Master
    Good advice. When wife had her accounting business it seemed like she spent half her time on helping clients that had gotten hit.

I use prepaid gift cards but I found a couple of on line gun accessory stores wouldn't take them. I guess it's because the card isn't tied into a permanent address?

You can get prepaid Visa cards that are reloadable and for which you have to provide name / address information. These are typically processed just like regular Visa cards.

(Disclaimer: The company I work for is one of the largest providers/processors of prepaid Visa and MasterCards).

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    what about sites like ebay, paypal, gunbroker etc. that require you to have a card on file so they can charge your account to get paid?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    First time I've seen him and I'm in there fairly often. I know I shouldn't make fun of him. It was the aluminum foil that got to me.
    Apparently everyone took notice, this is floating around Facebook.
    c282d6f76da337e49637a11422ef1bdf.jpg

MAXman

Master
    Bohica, I can't help but wonder if some of the compromised card fiascos, such as the target one last year, that are traced back to Moscow..... I can't help but wonder if those are state sponsored. Not saying you know or have an idea, just saying.

I see at least one person a day(and at least three on Fridays) that volunteer that they have compromised cards. I don't know if it is because they're are active fraud artists in the part of town I work at or if it has to do with the types of cards issued by certain banks. But it seems the numbers have gone up in the last two years.

Top Bottom