• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Brandon's Plan B: propose something that won't pass muster just to buy the votes in 2024. Idiots will always be idiots.
    Even worse, idiots gravitate toward other idiots and breed little idiots, by "accident." Then the little idiots are society's problem...

IronBeard

Master
    how much tax monies was wasted doing this i wonder...
    Yep. Ya'll are aware that "tax money" is our money, not theirs, right? Any of you remember being asked if it was OK for government to take money you earned and use it this way? Maybe I didn't get the e-mail or memo, could have been on the 11 o'clock news, ya know, while I was asleep because I had to get up for work in the morning...

Last edited:

rossi

Master
    The issue isn’t re-payment of the loan. The issue is solving the greater problem of rising education costs, interest rates, and cost-of-living versus stagnant wages. Loan forgiveness allows an opportunity to clear the slate and evaluate the root of the issue. It doesn’t mean no more loan re-payment moving forward. Cure the disease, not the symptom.

Education should be free. We fall behind the rest of the world and people wonder why. There’s probably a few billion dollars we can pull from defense annually to help ensure free education for those who want it. Educated citizens lead to educated communities/workers, and better paid work forces. We pay so much in taxes, it should be re-invested in the people, much like operating a successful business.

I spent 15 years re-paying my student debt in full, and my debt was not nearly as much as the majority of the population. I have absolutely zero issue with across-the-board forgiveness. You already paid off your own loan? So what. Pat yourself on the back and let’s move on.
    You Need Help.......

Welldoya

Master
    What amazes me is that Biden is so stupid that he publicly says that he has a way to work around the decision of the Supreme Court.
    The PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES is going to “work around” the decision of the Supreme Court. That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.
    I worked my way thru college. I didn’t take out any loans, I didn’t get any scholarships.
    I never went on spring break, took 2 days to go home on Christmas break.
    Breaks to me meant I could work full time.
    Pay the money back that you borrowed. It’s not rocket science.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep. Ya'll are aware that "tax money" is our money, not theirs, right? Any of you remember being asked if it was OK for government to take money you earned and use it this way? Maybe I didn't get the e-mail or memo, could have been o the 11 o'clock news, ya know, while I was asleep because I had to get up for wirm in the morning...
    I'm exceedingly, acutely aware that tax revenue comes from yours and my pockets. My wife and I own property, land, have investments, retirement and school age children... I'm only to aware that tax revenue is my money.

ABlaster

Marksman
    My opinion changed on student loan forgiveness for some when I learned how the system worked a bit.

The lenders give prospective clients a long list of ways they can work off their debt by going into government service or doing other approved employment. Also, the university often misrepresents the earning potential of the degrees they are offering.

I’ve got a friend who is one of the most squared away guys you could know. Army officer, special operations, attorney, the list goes on. We were having this very conversation recently about his loans and he was saying the lending process is extremely predatory. As squared away as he is he said it was all he could do to keep up with the loan forgiveness requirements and he said he didn’t think the average person could. They basically offer loans with the idea that the student really won’t have to pay them back.

So while yes, every person should be aware that any time you take a loan you have to be prepared to actually pay it back, my position has softened on it somewhat. I’m still not on board with across the board forgiveness, but I do see some culpability on the part of the lenders.

IronBeard

Master
    My opinion changed on student loan forgiveness for some when I learned how the system worked a bit.

The lenders give prospective clients a long list of ways they can work off their debt by going into government service or doing other approved employment. Also, the university often misrepresents the earning potential of the degrees they are offering.

I’ve got a friend who is one of the most squared away guys you could know. Army officer, special operations, attorney, the list goes on. We were having this very conversation recently about his loans and he was saying the lending process is extremely predatory. As squared away as he is he said it was all he could do to keep up with the loan forgiveness requirements and he said he didn’t think the average person could. They basically offer loans with the idea that the student really won’t have to pay them back.

So while yes, every person should be aware that any time you take a loan you have to be prepared to actually pay it back, my position has softened on it somewhat. I’m still not on board with across the board forgiveness, but I do see some culpability on the part of the lenders.
    Lending 101. Loans are a business designed to profit the lender. They have nothing to do with helping anyone but themselves. One of the life lessons passed on to our kids...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Brandon's Plan B: propose something that won't pass muster just to buy the votes in 2024. Idiots will always be idiots.
    yep, spend piles of money doing it, then blaming the opposition when it didn't pass.. classic marxist move

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    thats the trouble with college, produces too many over paid, over educated, prima donnas who bitch they don't make $150k right out of the gate... with their precious little women's gender studies or some other useless social engineering degree..

we need plumbers, electricians, truck drivers, mechanics, pilots, welders, and many other blue collar jobs filled

Welldoya

Master
    Lending 101. Loans are a business designed to profit the lender. They have nothing to do with helping anyone but themselves. One of the life lessons passed on to our kids...
    And colleges are the same way. I used to think that colleges & universities were there to help the students but it’s not so. Their goal is to suck every nickel out of you that they can.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

This. It's gotten to the point that it's predatory. It's the same with a lot of the colleges. Im blessed I had parents that made me work through college and go somewhere it was less than 10K a year.

Like a lot of things, this is something that most people can agree that there is a problem, but have radically different solutions.

Raven

Master
    How about instead of taking from the military we stop giving unneeded handouts to foreign countries, stop illegals from entering which creates more strain on the economy (medical needs, crimes, American jobs) not to mention illegal drivers cause wrecks and a trickle down effect from insurance, medical, lost wages, lost shipments ect ect ect.

All that said we give too much free stuff away as it is. No more free stuff. Get off your butt and work. Dont take loans, pay cash for everything
    Yep. Make all loans (especially credit cards, pawn shops and college loans) illegal. ASAP. It's all nothing but modern day indentured servitude. End slavery, once and for all

rossi

Master
    Yep. Make all loans (especially credit cards, pawn shops and college loans) illegal. ASAP. It's all nothing but modern day indentured servitude. End slavery, once and for all
    Government control over who you can obtain credit from? Really? Just open the door for other controls over you.....

ABlaster

Marksman
    If you ain't got the money then you ain't buying it
    We went from a society where you could raise a family on the father's income while the mother stayed at home to a society where everything is priced at what two people can afford to make payments on. I do think it is designed to keep everyone in a state of economic servitude, and for cultures where out-of-wedlock children and absent fathers are the overwhelming norm they just get crushed.

Raven

Master
    We went from a society where you could raise a family on the father's income while the mother stayed at home to a society where everything is priced at what two people can afford to make payments on. I do think it is designed to keep everyone in a state of economic servitude, and for cultures where out-of-wedlock children and absent fathers are the overwhelming norm they just get crushed.
    By design, yessir.
    People wonder why crime is up...
    Might is right...
    Everything is free for the taking, if you can...
    And it's the only way the "have nots" bastard children will ever get a slice of the pie. All throughout recorded history people have wacked their neighbor for everything from houses, land and gold to power over people. The "haves" versus the "have nots" will never change. The American dream is over. There's no such thing as home ownership, and home ownership was the only way to get ahead in life for the low class and middle class. Hey slave, you will pay rent to the feds for the rest of your life on the house that you only thought you owned. Economic servitude was the plan the whole time. Americans are being crushed under a 40% tax rate. City, county, state, feds they all got their hands in our wallets... then add credit cards, car loans, college loans, etc for another 5%, 10%, 20%

By design, yessir
    We ALREADY own nothing and think we are happy

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    By design, yessir.
    People wonder why crime is up...
    Might is right...
    Everything is free for the taking, if you can...
    And it's the only way the "have nots" bastard children will ever get a slice of the pie. All throughout recorded history people have wacked their neighbor for everything from houses, land and gold to power over people. The "haves" versus the "have nots" will never change. The American dream is over. There's no such thing as home ownership, and home ownership was the only way to get ahead in life for the low class and middle class. Hey slave, you will pay rent to the feds for the rest of your life on the house that you only thought you owned. Economic servitude was the plan the whole time. Americans are being crushed under a 40% tax rate. City, county, state, feds they all got their hands in our wallets... then add credit cards, car loans, college loans, etc for another 5%, 10%, 20%

By design, yessir
    We ALREADY own nothing and think we are happy
    I don't like this at all, because you are not wrong.

Top Bottom