• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    This article says its forgiveness for people who have been faithfully paying for 10-20 YEARS...
    What the potato head might be doing is cherry picking the saddest accounts just to get his foot in the door for canceling the debt . I would like to see some of these loan particulars too ....they sure aint taking up finance WHEN THEY WENT TO SCHOOL

J pace

Marksman
    The issue isn’t re-payment of the loan. The issue is solving the greater problem of rising education costs, interest rates, and cost-of-living versus stagnant wages. Loan forgiveness allows an opportunity to clear the slate and evaluate the root of the issue. It doesn’t mean no more loan re-payment moving forward. Cure the disease, not the symptom.

Education should be free. We fall behind the rest of the world and people wonder why. There’s probably a few billion dollars we can pull from defense annually to help ensure free education for those who want it. Educated citizens lead to educated communities/workers, and better paid work forces. We pay so much in taxes, it should be re-invested in the people, much like operating a successful business.

I spent 15 years re-paying my student debt in full, and my debt was not nearly as much as the majority of the population. I have absolutely zero issue with across-the-board forgiveness. You already paid off your own loan? So what. Pat yourself on the back and let’s move on.
    Well why don't you just call up one of these students and tell him you'll repay his debt , for me I'm planning on keeping my money.

RHINOWSO

Master
    The issue isn’t re-payment of the loan. The issue is solving the greater problem of rising education costs, interest rates, and cost-of-living versus stagnant wages. Loan forgiveness allows an opportunity to clear the slate and evaluate the root of the issue. It doesn’t mean no more loan re-payment moving forward. Cure the disease, not the symptom.

Education should be free. We fall behind the rest of the world and people wonder why. There’s probably a few billion dollars we can pull from defense annually to help ensure free education for those who want it. Educated citizens lead to educated communities/workers, and better paid work forces. We pay so much in taxes, it should be re-invested in the people, much like operating a successful business.

I spent 15 years re-paying my student debt in full, and my debt was not nearly as much as the majority of the population. I have absolutely zero issue with across-the-board forgiveness. You already paid off your own loan? So what. Pat yourself on the back and let’s move on.
    iu

IronBeard

Master
    Education (and other institutions) currently equate to government indoctrination. Why do ya think the government has a multitude of "benefits," that use my tax dollars, without my concent, to "help" you? 'Cause they really want you to be smarter? :rolleyes:

So here's the deal. Your guidance couselor, your "teachers," and probably your parents lied to you. At the least, you were misguided, for all the right reasons...

Your "education" is 90% likely to NOT get you a job starting at $80-90K. As much as you were told/conditioned to expect that, reality says you have no, zero, none, when it comes to enough experience to earn the pay you think you are entitled to.

Options:

Start from zero, suck it up, and earn/work your way up.

Join the military. If you have a degree, you are "entitled" to be an "officer."

Accept the fact that if I order a meal, fries are included, so don't ask.

You could always "run" for office, or go back to "school."

Learn anything yet?

Top Bottom