Survey: Bump in the night. What do you grab?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

I've got a complete Lionel train set my grandpa bought me in 1958. I was one year old. I'm thinking about putting it on an elevated platform around the bar room at home.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    That's awesome. I don't have stuff that old but I did keep all my GI Joes. And what thread is this again. Hahaha

Seanpcola

Oops. Go to guns: Mossberg 500 under the bed, SDX stays within 5' of me at all times and a couple of surprises cleverly hidden downstairs and in the shop.

gendoc

Master
    Apollo-11 stuff will reconstruct your foot if left out as normal in my day of childhood.
    I was interested in the moon when I was 11...then the pink was all good...moon what, only for throwing
    light on the subject of score !!!!!!!!!! too many moons ago !!!

Dan1612

Master
    Let's bump this thread back up. Here's my new nightstand gun:
    FNX-45 Tactical with Trijicon RMR and Surefire X300.
    ere9yvy8.jpg

I don't know if it's kosher to quote myself, but I found a shotgun to fit in the nightstand,
    ysa2y8et.jpg

Last edited:

Bradb55

Expert
    Love the shotty! One of these might have to be in my future

Dan1612

Master
    Love the shotty! One of these might have to be in my future

Thanks. Very cool and handy package. I've heard horror stories about guns like these, but really, how bad can it actually be? I've also heard horror stories about 500 S&W and that's not so bad. Haven't shot it the mossberg yet. Hopefully soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bradb55

Expert
    I've shot the remington 870 with a pistol grip and never had an issue or broken wrist. That mossberg should handle just fine..

Dan1612

Master
    My thought exactly. If this gentleman's wrists don't fall off, and he can even hit a target 100 yards away, I think it'll shoot just fine, even if it's a little shorter.
    http://youtu.be/tUHAEvbf_I4

Aaronious45

Master
    Thanks. Very cool and handy package. I've heard horror stories about guns like these, but really, how bad can it actually be? I've also heard horror stories about 500 S&W and that's not so bad. Haven't shot it the mossberg yet. Hopefully soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

Depends what you put in it. My brother thought it was funny to shoot #7's one handed a few times then handed his pistol grip to me with a 00 in it the chamber and eggs me to shoot with one hand thinking it was still low brass...the recoil goes from your palm through your arm and into your spine and out your ass pretty quick lol

Dan1612

Master
    Depends what you put in it. My brother thought it was funny to shoot #7's one handed a few times then handed his pistol grip to me with a 00 in it the chamber and eggs me to shoot with one hand thinking it was still low brass...the recoil goes from your palm through your arm and into your spine and out your ass pretty quick lol

Lol. That's what brothers are for. The guy in he video shoots slugs and he survived, so I'll give it a shot.
    It'll be interesting to compare 500S&W to it since the loads (at least from Hornady) are very similar and actually use the same projectile.

Aaronious45

Master
    It's not the worst thing ever, the grip is a little more awkward and less "ergonomic" but nothing a grown man can't handle

Dan1612

Master
    It's not the worst thing ever, the grip is a little more awkward and less "ergonomic" but nothing a grown man can't handle

Exactly. People say good things about that particular grip too. To me, it makes it look and feel like an old pirate gun. Lol.
    huqu8aqe.jpg

uqyjy2a4.jpg

Seanpcola

You gotta admit it would be awesome to whip one out during a CC confrontation. Can you imagine the LEOs reaction when they show up and you hand over your weapon? They look down at the bad guy and see he has a hole you can throw a baseball through and powder burns all over their body. For extra effect answer all questions in an English accent syntax from a Shakespear novel.:smokin:

State's attorney: "In your own words, what happened?".

"On the eve of the scoundrel's demise ye olde wench and I exited Walmart and determined towards the familial chariot. Approximately 20 metres from the conveyance we were decended upon by the scoflaw. The villain produced a dagger of sufficient proportion to present the threat of great bodily harm to I and my party. In a brisk utterance I admonished the ignoramous to immediately cease and desist further approach. He failed to do so to his chagrine.

So, I capped his dumb ass."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom