• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capt.joe

Master
    Im going to try some summer greens. I have a few sweet potatoes planted. I just ordered amaranth, malabar spinach, and river spinach seeds. I also want to plant some tahitian spinach and taro

capt.joe

Master
    Dont do what i do lol. Search for your own information. Yes, the seed is poisonous. But poison in small amounts is medicine! I learned from a famous herbalist named Darryl Patton that if i swallow the berry whole i get the medicinal benefit. Its great for joint pain. Im on day 3 of swallowing one a day. The net says you can work up to 8 a day. Im sticking with one for now. Definitely dont bite the seed. Gives diarrhea at the least if you crush a seed

MeggaZappin

Expert
    Heres pretty much the last of the spring harvest. I started these winter squash indoors before the last frost and transplanted them into the field around the end of March. The little pumpkin looking squash are Burpee Butterkin (cross between a pumpkin and a butternut). I harvested the butterkin at the end of June and the butternut on July 10th.

Winter squash seems to do pretty well up here In zone 8B, you just have to time the summer stress months and frost around the longer fruiting times. I was able to get about 75 butter kin from 25 seeds and 101 butternut off of about 50 herloom seeds I had harvested from the past fall season. Winter squash is naturally storable too. Just cure them for 7-10 days and they are good to store for up to 6 months.

6EE8EF92-011E-4AE4-9AE6-CB3F81FBFCE0.jpeg

FF2EB8A6-BCA9-4692-A1CB-129FEB37B280.jpeg

capt.joe

Master
    With all i have going on i havent started a winter garden. We did get a bunch of luffa that the wife is trying to process. Trying to get my tug ready for a uscg inspection

Top Bottom