• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    Free Syrian Army sets terms for Geneva peace talks

Beirut (AFP) - The mainstream rebel Free Syrian Army has laid out the conditions for its participation in Geneva peace talks, including the demand that a transitional authority be given full powers......In a statement issued on Monday night, the FSA's military command high council welcomed "any political solution (to the conflict) based on clear objectives.....

It demanded the formation of an "independent judiciary charged with bringing to justice the perpetrators of crimes against the Syrian people" and the release of prisoners.

In addition, it called for an end to "killings and bombings" carried out by the Assad regime and the "opening of humanitarian corridors" to areas besieged by government forces.

It also said that fighters from neighbouring countries that back Assad's forces should leave Syria, including those from Iran, Iraq and the Lebanese Shiite movement Hezbollah.

Sounds good to me.

CCHGN

Banned
    First test for Syria rebel government: provide services

http://news.yahoo.com/first-test-syria-rebel-government-services-214609945.html

Beirut (AFP) - The opposition Syrian National Coalition announced a new government this week, after months of delays, facing challenges on the ground from Kurds seeking autonomy and Al-Qaeda groups that reject its authority.

The interim government is under pressure to quickly provide services to citizens living in large swathes of rebel-held territory, particularly in Syria's north.

The newly chosen ministers include vice prime minister Iyad Qudsi, defence minister Assad Mustapha, economy and finance minister Ibrahim Miro and telecommunications minister Mohamed Yassin Najjar.

Uthman al-Dawi will be take on the job of local administration and humanitarian aid, Fayez al-Zaher that of justice, Elias Warde energy and Walid al-Zohbi infrastructure and agriculture.

The cabinet includes a single woman, Taghrid al-Hajali, who will take the culture and family portfolio.

This is a good step in the right direction.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah run by terrorists and people who hate all but Muslims, these are the same people who were wiping out Christians and an entire Christian town...right direction for the terrorists I guess???

CCHGN

Banned

Centermass556

Expert
    CCHGN...there are a few things that concern me about this. If Damascus keeps the Hezbollah ties that Al Asad had started, that could apply more pressure to Iraq....
    The Hezbollah is a Shia group out of Lebanon, financed by Iran, and while they carry an Arab Identity, they still bend to the will of Iran when Iran pulls their strings. Iranians are Pershians. And while, the whole middle east has been smothered with Islam, Arab identity has still been the trump.
    Iraq, by and large, used to belong to the persian empire for ages...all the way west to about Baghdad/Samara area. Subsequently, After the great Islam divide in the 630s and the Shia flee from the Caliphate, Persia became a Shia haven. Over the years since, through the ottman occupation of Iraq and all, the Shia region of persia has permiated west into Iraq...all the way to about the Al anbar provience. Iraq, for all intents and purposes is a Shia State. Not overtly, but they are.
    Shia pressure from the west combined with the Shia pressure in Iraq, could be enough to ignite a full fledged Sunni panic. Al-qaeda, while they are just power mongers in religious clothing, will jump on that big time. and back into Iraq we got.

I do think this is somewhat on the right track though...The key to solving the crisis in the Balkens back in the 90's was the ability to convince Europe this was a european propblem that needed a European Solution...and it worked. Within the next ten years, Bosnia had a standing government and Army that was capable of sending Soldiers to Iraq. Albania is on its way to becoming a full fledged NATO member.
    This is what needs to be done here too....and Al asad has said it in partial. Yes the solution needs to be a Syrian one. They have been an abused cross roads for years. But, by convincing the Arab nations this arab problem needs an arab solution, then things will smooth out. Peer pressure in the region is killer. you should see the way Saudi punks the lesser gulf states. The tricky key will be bringing Israel into the room. they have to have buy in because of the proximity and while Jews are not Christians, their well being will be in the same interest.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Never gonna happen,the moderate Muslims will not confront the radical in fear of coming under attack themselves. Middle East Peace is a pipe dream too many factions, they will be at peace when Israel turns the land into glass our Potus is one of the cowards or a bad guy and will not help.

Snow Bird

Master
    Frank I agree Middle East Peace is a pipe dream. Been fighting for hundreds if not thousands of years and isn't about to stop now.

CCHGN

Banned
    US offers to destroy Syrian chemical weapons

http://news.yahoo.com/us-offers-destroy-syrian-chemical-weapons-102348639.html

DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — The U.S. has offered to help destroy some of the most lethal parts of Syria's chemical weapons stockpile at an offshore facility, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical weapons said Saturday.

Related Stories
    Watchdog wants companies to destroy most Syria chemical weapons AFP [$$] International Plan Calls for Removing Syria Chemical Weapons in Months The Wall Street Journal U.S. offers to destroy Syria's chemicals at sea: OPCW Reuters APNewsBreak: Companies may help destroy Syria arms Associated Press Albania rejects request to destroy Syrian weapons Associated Press The international organization's director-general, Ahmet Uzumcu, said in The Hague, Netherlands that the U.S. government will contribute "a destruction technology, full operational support and financing to neutralize" the weapons, most likely on a ship in the Mediterranean Sea. The weapons are to be removed from Syria by Dec. 31.

Snow Bird

Master
    Unconfurmed reports of gas attack in Syria. The bad guys claim that Assad did it. Not front news now the insurance fisaco is on front page news all over the world. Imagine that. Sorce msn and ruters. Sorce information for CCHGN

CCHGN

Banned
    All Syrian chemical weapons munitions destroyed

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-chemical-weapons-munitions-destroyed-164826739.html

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — The international chemical weapons watchdog announced Friday it has verified the destruction of all of Syria's unfilled munitions — another milestone along the road to eradicating President Bashar Assad's chemical weapons program by mid-2014.

The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said in a statement that its experts in Syria also have verified the destruction of parts of buildings at weapons production facilities.

The latest destruction work was near the city of Homs. The OPCW said the sites had been inaccessible due to security reasons.

Snow Bird

Master
    I guess the buzz word there was UNFILLED. Guess someone might be still using FILLED ones. Time for us to show them(who ever them is) that we mean what we say and go to war.

CCHGN

Banned

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    This is a hopeless situation, they have been warring for centuries, much longer than we have been a Nation. Either nuke them all or let them fight it out as they will continue to do no matter our actions...STOP spending our $$ on these terrorists!

Centermass556

Expert
    During the ottoman rule there was relative peace in the area. That is why the Ottomans were able to hold on to the area for so long. the same way there was stabiliy in the Balkans when Tito was the ruler....Kinda a one ring to rule them all sorta deal. Back to, to make this work you have to bring the heavy hammers in the area to the table.

CCHGN

Banned
    Syrian rebels battle al-Qaida-linked fighters

BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian opposition fighters seized a compound garrisoned by an al-Qaida-linked rebel faction Sunday, in some of the most serious infighting to date within the vast array of rebel groups trying to topple President Bashar Assad, activists said.

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, which has many foreign fighters in its ranks, has clashed repeatedly with more moderate rebel groups since it aggressively pushed into Syria from neighboring Iraq in last spring. The infighting has left scores dead on both sides, and has undermined the overall rebel movement's efforts to oust Assad.

Snow Bird

Master
    CCHGN Someone with your writing and comp skills don't have much trouble understanding what I say EXCEPT when people on here ask you direct questions that you don't want to answer. AS in Do you have a gun safe, Wouldn't think you would need it with all your trustworthy neighbors. Oh that is alittle off topic I guess.

Paragraph,I may not have the same grasp (You Think) of some topics that you do But since when do you have to have perfect gramar or puntucation,or spelling that you have to exerise out right to express an opion.

A person of your knowlage shouldn't have any problem figering out anything that is being said by anyone on this forum now should you.No matter if all the T's are crossed or not and all you do buy correcting people is to show how you feel superior to others. Well guess what YOU AREN'T

Now back to topic.So far NO chemical wepons have been destroyed. The Ship they are sending is an untried machine in a cargo ship. As I said the BUZZ word is the only thing destroyed is UNFILLED wepons

Who in the hell cares who is wining over there? We ( Our Gov) will change there mind who we want to win at least 2 or 3 more times before this is all over.

I just remembered YOU want us to stop there war over there GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

Im' out of here so feel free to correct any one you want to but leave me alone or I will use my right of free speach to you in a pm of what I think of you and I don't think I can get banned for that or person to person if you wish to let you know my feelings.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Way to go Frank,I concure. Did I spell that right CCHGN?

CCHGN

Banned
    Syria rebels lay siege to Qaeda-linked jihadists in Raqa

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-rebels-lay-siege-qaeda-linked-jihadists-raqa-102402091.html

. . ..Beirut (AFP) - Rebel fighters were laying siege Monday to Al-Qaeda-linked jihadists in their northern stronghold of Raqa, managing to free 50 people they had detained, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

Raqa emerged as a new front Sunday in fighting among rebels battling to oust President Bashar al-Assad, with various groups joining forces against Al-Qaeda affiliate the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

Islam is not welcome there, either.

CCHGN

Banned
    Syria rebels, regime agree truce in Damascus district

Beirut (AFP) - Syrian rebels in the northern Damascus district of Barzeh on Sunday agreed a local ceasefire with President Bashar al-Assad's regime after nearly a year of fighting and bombardment, activists said.

After intense negotiation in recent days between the regime and the (rebel) Free Syrian Army through mediators from the neighbourhood, the following agreement has been reached: ceasefire between the two sides," a statement posted by the opposition local council said.

Top Bottom