• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    CCHGN Someone with your writing and comp skills don't have much trouble understanding what I say EXCEPT when people on here ask you direct questions that you don't want to answer. AS in Do you have a gun safe, Wouldn't think you would need it with all your trustworthy neighbors. Oh that is alittle off topic I guess.

Yes, off topic and there's rules about derailing a thread, too.

Paragraph,I may not have the same grasp (You Think) of some topics that you do But since when do you have to have perfect gramar or puntucation,or spelling that you have to exerise out right to express an opion.

See, it makes it much easier to address each and every topic that you care to discuss, when I can see them. The thing about spelling and grammar, you come to me to talk, so it should be on me to not only address your concerns, but try to figure out what the heck you're saying? Since when? If I come to you, I won't burden you with my problems, I'll get right to the point.

A person of your knowlage shouldn't have any problem figering out anything that is being said by anyone on this forum now should you.No matter if all the T's are crossed or not and all you do buy correcting people is to show how you feel superior to others. Well guess what YOU AREN'T

yes, I can, but I shouldn't have to. That's not my job. Btw, you misperceive that I do it to feel superior, that's not it at all. I'm taking you and everyone to task to be more educated, more articulate and say what you mean and mean what you say. Consider this, ALOT of folks come to this site and look it over. I for one am embarrassed for them to see a bunch of uneducated posts, with mispelling and bad grammar and ignorant name calling back and forth. IMO, we're better than that. We're not a bunch of back woods yahoos, are we? I'm not.

Who in the hell cares who is wining over there?....

well, you know, there's such thing as ignoring this thread. You and FrankT and all his buiddies don't get that y'all can ignore this thread. When you come here to disparage me, that shows your intent is to just come on here to make trouble. There's rules against that, Where're the mods, now?

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    "well, you know, there's such thing as ignoring this thread. You and FrankT and all his buiddies don't get that y'all can ignore this thread. When you come here to disparage me, that shows your intent is to just come on here to make trouble. There's rules against that, Where're the mods, now? "

Asking for the Mods to intervene is a double edged sword for you that should have already been banned...LOL Why do we read? because I have noticed you bring up the "straw argument" on all these similar topics to try and cause an argument in the first place. I am not sure if it is because you like to argue even when you know you are wrong or are just that misinformed...but it is entertaining when most of the posts take you down a notch. Then you cry, Mommy, mommy please protect me, where are the Mods now??

CCHGN

Banned
    "well, you know, there's such thing as ignoring this thread. You and FrankT and all his buiddies don't get that y'all can ignore this thread. When you come here to disparage me, that shows your intent is to just come on here to make trouble. There's rules against that, Where're the mods, now? "

Asking for the Mods to intervene is a double edged sword for you that should have already been banned...LOL Why do we read? because I have noticed you bring up the "straw argument" on all these similar topics to try and cause an argument in the first place. I am not sure if it is because you like to argue even when you know you are wrong or are just that misinformed...but it is entertaining when most of the posts take you down a notch. Then you cry, Mommy, mommy please protect me, where are the Mods now??

Frank, you can ignore this thread and me, too. Wouldn't bother me a bit. Frank, do you even know what a straw argument is? First and foremost, it's an argument. So tell me where I'm arguing anything...I haven't argued anything. I've given my opinion and related some personal experiences. Just because you and others misperceive things, that don't make it the truth. THAT is the straw concept. Your post is a straw argument.

Now, can we get back on topic?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    LOL, there you go again!! Yeah forget Syria, let them kill each other, we have no business there. Allow Muslims to kill each other as much as possible, if they spread out assist Israel in turning the area to glass! There all chemicals destroyed...LOL We don't have the POTUS, the Sec of State or Defense with the cahones or brains to do anything.

CCHGN

Banned
    During the ottoman rule there was relative peace in the area.

well, let's put that in perspective: the Ottoman Empire lasted 6 centuries, the Roman Empire lasted 16 Centuries. The Ottoman Empire rose out of the Empire of Genghis Kahn, which was the biggest Empire, so in perspective, the Ottomans gave up land.

So, your statement may be true, but what else was happening in the world? Wasn't that coming off the Crusades? The Middle East was in shambles, folks were tired of fighting.

That's a straw argument ( I know you're not arguing) to imply that the Ottoman rule was the sole cause to peace in the area. That's akin to saying that during the Roman Empire, there was peace throughout Europe, or saying that during Hilter's reign, there was peace in Germany.

I'll agree that the Ottoman had a good idea about managing the area.

That is why the Ottomans were able to hold on to the area for so long. the same way there was stabiliy in the Balkans when Tito was the ruler....Kinda a one ring to rule them all sorta deal. Back to, to make this work you have to bring the heavy hammers in the area to the table.

well, we'd need to explore why the Ottoman empire collapsed, coming into the modern world.

So after all, is all that really relevent to today?

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Gentlemen,

The forum software has an ignore feature, I'd suggest those of you who don't like what CCHGN has to say utilize it. Here, on this forum, it is only natural that there are arguments, and that people don't see eye to eye. There is no problem with that, and no rules are being broken as long as we keep our discussions respectful.

If nobody takes the "bait", these arguments never occur. If everyone who is sick of seeing his posts uses the ignore feature, these arguments never occur. If CCHGN wants to post Syria updates every hour on the hour in his thread, so be it, nobody here is forced to read the posts.

Alternately, if CCHGN posts in your thread, and his post is not relevant to the content in the thread or is offensive, report the post and I / We will review it and take action as needed. Engaging in an argument is just perpetuating the problem.

Lets put this one to bed, again.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well said! :closed_2:

CCHGN

Banned
    Syria's Islamic Front issue strong warning to jihadists

Beirut (AFP) - Syria's Islamic Front, the country's biggest rebel alliance, issued Sunday a strong warning to jihadists, three days after a new front made up of local insurgents emerged against them.

We fight against whoever attacks us and whoever pushes us to battle, whether they are Syrian or foreign," said the Front, an alliance that groups tens of thousands of rebels seeking to topple President Bashar al-Assad

CCHGN

Banned
    I guess the truth hurts..

You know, it's a funny thing about the truth. There's all kinds of truths- there's the indisputable truths like the Earth is round and the Sun is hot and bright and we're all getting older and will die some day, etc.

Then there's the disputable truths, like folks' realities and what they believe in.. Your truth( reality) may not be my truth.

There's no truth in my world that hurts me.....I guess there is in yours.

CCHGN

Banned
    As I've said before, the thing that's SO significant with this thread is that this handling of Syria breaks a 60 yrs policy of sending troops in to settle other folks' problems. In light of the other Syria thread and some folks' GREAT beliefs about us going where we don't belong, I'd think this would be of great significance to others as well. FrankT thinks this thread is insignificant, I disagree.

Some folks have complained that it's just a bunch of jihadists, but here today, rebels are fighting jihadists, Iran and Iraq are fighting Jihadists.

Times are achanging, these are historic times.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    We don't belong, we have lost enough already, we cannot make a difference...so either nukeem' or leave them for the Arab league to take care of...noneofourbusiness...so this thread is Less than insignificant. mainly because you do not have all the facts and cannot do anything or change policy in the first place... TA DA

Viking1204

Master
    LOL, I think this is the most insignificant 8 page thread I've seen! :boink: I think this thread needs a :grouphug:

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    We don't belong, we have lost enough already, we cannot make a difference...so either nukeem' or leave them for the Arab league to take care of...noneofourbusiness...so this thread is Less than insignificant. mainly because you do not have all the facts and cannot do anything or change policy in the first place... TA DA

Ok, Frank, so every thread on this forum that we can't change policy or do anything about is insignificant( in your opinion). Got it. So that's what you got for 5k posts, you get to determine the significance of threads, Congrats.

You're ignoring that we're all around there right now, so yes, that makes it significant, in my opinion.

You're ignoring the significance that for the first time in 60 yrs, we're NOT there, that's significant, in my opinion.

You're ignoring the significance that everyone around there is fighting jihadists, that's significant, in my opinion.

why are you ignoring all that, yet not ignoring this thread?

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    LOL, ignore this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX LOL :closed_2:

We are there that is the point and we should not be, we are supporting rebels who are killing Christians and were the ones most likely to have used the gas in the first place. We should not be involved period, noneofourbusiness!

This thread is INSIGNIFIGANT....:amen:

Snow Bird

Master
    CCHGN, As I said before I am suprised that with your education that you have problems figuring out what some uneducated person is trying to say or what point they are trying to make. Maybe that has something to say about your comprehention(spelling) skills.

As far as embarrassment about how people spell or construct there post it is of no concern of anyone but you.

If you have so much trouble figuring out what people are trying to say I would suggest that you don't read there post as you are wasting your time and energy that you could spend in your study of history.

Now to Syera.. As far as I can tell is that you have at least 3 different groups fighting each other. 2 are fighting Assad, then they are fighting each other. As us uneducated people used to say . What we have here is a cluster #uck..

You post alot about peace talks are going to start. Well good luck with that. There have been peace talks going on in that part of the country for as long as you have been alive and there is still no peace, Maybe not all out war for a few years but no peace.

There still have been no FILLED chemical wepons destroyed and you haven't posted any thing about them being moved to be destroyed. Only some plans have been thought up that may or not work. I may be wrong on this but I thought I read that they would be taken to another country and then taken to the cargo ship that would be OFF SHORE to be destroyed. Good luck with that to.

In your study could you tell me where any of this has ever worked while a war was still going on,a war where people from other countrys were coming in to fight each other and the ruler,and when whoever wins want's to kill anyone not of there religion Sounds like a good old time bar fight.

Also in your study of history did you ever read any books written by the people that setteled the old west? If you did ,guess you didn't get much out of them because they sure couldn't spell.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    First batch of wepons are on a ship awaiting the ship from the US. I hope it gets done and works out ok. Still to dangerous to count the dead in the country. Saw it on msn for those who want to know my sorce.

The fat lady is humming but hasn't sang yet.

CCHGN

Banned
    Al Qaeda group vows to attack Syrian rebels, opposition leaders

http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-group-vows-attack-syrian-rebels-opposition-095731551.html

BEIRUT (Reuters) - An al Qaeda affiliate based in Iraq and Syria has vowed to crush rebel groups fighting it and to target members loyal to the Syrian National Coalition, the internationally recognized opposition trying to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad.

Five days of heavy rebel infighting has shaken the al Qaeda-linked faction, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), which lost its main base in the northern city of Aleppo to rival rebels on Wednesday, according to a monitoring group.

Snow Bird

Master
    Yep like I said 3 groups fighting and good al Qadea still in the mix. Guess we will be backing them next. Oh I forgot We already are.

Top Bottom