• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    Wow...I thought I had logged into my old Facebook account for a minute...Lmao

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    I look at it this way, a retailer needs to charge enough to stay in business. If he can't re-stock what he sells in a timely manner he has to charge enough to pay the bills until he can get re-stocked and sell more. Individuals selling high are trying to not lose money on what they paid too much for in the first place. I can't blame them, but it doesn't mean I'll pay them too much because they paid too much. They can ask anything they want if someone pays it; it wasn't too much.............for someobody. IMO anger at retailers is misdirected; it should be aimed at those who didn't have the forethought to stock up through the years. It's not like we haven't been on this rollercoaster ride before; just in the last 20 years it's happened during nearly every presidential election, the 94 AWB, it swung into high gear for the 08 election and again in 2012 election season. Sandy Hook couldn't be forecast, but the aftermath certainly was predictable. The only thing I was short on were Uzi mags since I had just bought one so while watching SH coverage on TV I got online and found a source selling cases of Uzi mags and bought a case for $6 a magazine.
    I rely on ammo for my business if prices don't come down my operating cost next year will nearly triple. I don't blame retailers, it is what it is since I can only stockpile so much ammo.
    Failure to plan for the future knowing what has happened in the past is a failure regardless of who you choose to blame.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Believe this CHIT?

I stopped at gander mountain off I95 outside of St Augustine. They had 22 ammo, had it in a glass case. They were asking 24.95 per box of 100
    COMPLETE BULL*HIT! I'm adding Gander Mountain to my no buy list!

flyandscuba

Master
    Are you sure that it wasn't the "Match" Grade target stuff? Those 22's do sell for that much -- but are more for olympic-type shooting rather than plinking... I have seen similar stuff in Gander Mountains for that price -- definitely the Eley primed match stuff.

joe

Master
    I understand your frustration.

You may not be guilty of this (If not please ignore my rant)but you always here people say I am going to black ball so & so dealer but then the same person will turn around & buy from a individual reseller & not black ball them. This makes no sense to me.

At least the store will be around after all this is done bringing in guns, ammo & other stuff to the local market. The resellers are major part of shortages & increased prices we see.

I bet this gets moved to the rant section soon. I promised myself not to get envolved with these threads but I seem to lack the self control LOL

Must leave now :music:

Last edited:

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Ok! I called them it was ultra match 22lr 50 rd boxes. Checked the net normal price WTF? who pays .50 per rd for 22. My Bad guess I showed my ass in the sporting goods section over nothing. I have never seen 22 ammo that price before. Sorry for the false alert!
    P.S. 100 round limit

M.O.A.

Master
    Ah yes...since this is a " licensed to bitch ' thread...how about the people that post stuff in the For Sale section for ridiculous prices then declare it " sold " with zero posts....repeatedly. There is always a possibility though that someone paid 11-12 cents per round for .22 and did the deal by p.m. to avoid looking foolish. Have I overpaid for guns and ammo ? Hell yeah but just like most people if I am helping someone out of a tight spot or just purely like it..well its just paper. ( End )

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    MOA, yeah notice they never post who bought the item at the ridiculous price?

ben_p

Marksman
    I posted a motorcycle stand for sale on here and within 5 minutes a friend of mine on FB said he would buy it. This might not be the only place things are posted.

M.O.A.

Master
    MOA, yeah notice they never post who bought the item at the ridiculous price?

Well, if I was buying something for 3-5 times retail I would wish to remain anonymous too. Lmao. As for selling it on another site..yeah probably Craigslist.

TraderDan

Master
    What I REALLY would like to know is how much better the $65.00 per 50 box of match grade ammo can be over the standard .22lr $2-3.00 per box?? They seem pretty acurate to me, I understand the bullet / powder weight more concise, but really $65.00 ? you have to have alot on the line when pulling these out of your trick bag! Hate to see what they spend on thier gun?? $28,000 on a .22 single shot? All to punch a hole in paper, or knock down a little silouette. WOW That sport is serious! And I imagine some folks pay more than that for even better ammo.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Hugh liked your HUTTHURT REPORT. Nead to get some of those printed up. Really liked the chick in the thoung.

M.O.A.

Master
    It's a scientific fact...weiners will make your Butthurt...Lmao

M.O.A.

Master
    I don't even want to know how you know this?? lol.

Careful observation of the previous 23 pages...notice that the word weiner gets thrown around a lot in the same general area as the word butthurt. Just sayin. Lmao

Last edited:
    Top Bottom