• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    I think most people are tired of the resellers & the people paying the inflated prices.

You have a right to sell what ever you want for what ever you want but when it costs me money I am going to get aggravated about. Now I have two groups of people I have to compete with the resellers & the hoarders.

Its funny how in the beginning I did not like it when stores raised their prices but now I see things a little differently. I would rather pay inflated prices to a store than an individual. At least the store will be there offering goods after all this dies down. They also are the one who bring guns & ammo to the local market without competing against me to get it. The resellers do nothing for me.

Enough ranting for me today I feel better. :Cry:

I even quit calling them gougers just resellers.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Well there's a guy here asking $300 for 500rds of Fed XM193..... just a few months ago I bought 1000rd case of it delivered to my door for $360. (which I thought was robbery). As I can clearly remember buying it for under $200 a case delivered.... in fact bought many cases of it at that price. It's not been many years ago either...

Ammo will become "available" and prices will drop when guys quit paying the assinine prices being asked by some asses and a few gun shops. One dealer here in mobile has about any ammo you want on the shelf at pre freak prices except 5.56 and 22LR... they've jacked the prices up only on those 2 items... they claim it's to keep people from buying it all and "hoarding it"..... my response was "why not do like walmart or academy does and limit how much they can buy instead of ass raping everyone? Of course all I got was a blank stare across the counter.

So we can bitch about "those people" all we want but "those people" are right here on this forum, doing everything they can to screw anyone that'll bend over for em. The "owner" chooses to allow it and disallow "price policing" which is his right. However the sites that I visit that do allow price policing don't have any of this crap going on... the bigger benefit is the harder it is for these jokers to advertise their overpriced crap the harder it is to sell and they'll stop hanging out at Walmart when the shelves are being stocked with the entire family and buy up 3 boxes each of the bulk ammo..... I've had 3 different dept managers tell me that that is exactly what happens.

That same day I can look on armslist and see the stuff advertised for sale for triple what they bought it for.

Hi, "Owner" here,

As for the going rate of 5.56 ammo;

http://gunbot.net/ammo/223-556/

Yes, 5.56 was 30 cents a round 6-8 months ago, no it is not 30 cents a round anymore, it's also not $1 a round like it as a couple of months ago, I don't want to shock you, but I'd expect even MORE pricing fluctuations in the coming months. Anyone who would sell 5.56 ammo for 30 cents a round, when everyone else is selling 5.56 ammo for 60+ cents around would simply be making a poor financial decision. When the massive demand subsides, supply will return, and the prices will lower, supply and demand.

Reviewing your post history, I noticed that the vast majority of your posts are in the Sales sections of the site.

In fact, I am fairly certain that I can count your posts in other areas of the site on my fingers, (and maybe a couple of toes, depending on how many times you post here, in this thread).

My policy of
    Please keep for sale posts on topic and respectful, there will be zero tolerance for disparaging remarks and derailing of for sale threads.
    has undoubtedly served you well in your countless sales on My site, but in spite of that, here you are saying things that insinuate that I am responsible for the pricing of "those people", and Monday morning quarterbacking the owner of the site which you visit often to peddle your wares.

I typically don't get too bothered by dealings here, people have called me all kinds of things, accused me of all kinds of things, and been pretty nasty in my brief tenor here as the site administrator, but your comments strike a real chord. You are benefiting from the site, but apparently not appreciative of the work that I put into making this a great place for gun enthusiasts of all kinds to congregate.

In short, if you have a problem with the way that I am running my site, you are welcome remove your items and find the door.

I don't want this to be misconstrued as my lack of appreciation for your membership here on the forum, because I do value your membership and respect your opinion, but the value, and respect need to go both ways.

Sincerely,

"Owner"

Let the man bitch thats what this threads about. You do not want people bitching on threads you need somewhere for them to do. It gets real _ucking old looking at all the resellers & the people buying the shit.

I will say if your are not allowing negative comments on threads then you should not allow ANY comments on them.

I had a run in with Kaferhaus commenting on one of my for sale threads & I was not happy about it. I did not whine to the mods about it & dealt with him myself.

You are absolutely right, this is why this thread exists, so that they negativity and frustration of current market conditions do not permeate throughout the forum.

kaferhaus

Marksman
    Hi, "Owner" here,

As for the going rate of 5.56 ammo;

http://gunbot.net/ammo/223-556/

Yes, 5.56 was 30 cents a round 6-8 months ago, no it is not 30 cents a round anymore, it's also not $1 a round like it as a couple of months ago, I don't want to shock you, but I'd expect even MORE pricing fluctuations in the coming months. Anyone who would sell 5.56 ammo for 30 cents a round, when everyone else is selling 5.56 ammo for 60+ cents around would simply be making a poor financial decision. When the massive demand subsides, supply will return, and the prices will lower, supply and demand.

Reviewing your post history, I noticed that the vast majority of your posts are in the Sales sections of the site.

In fact, I am fairly certain that I can count your posts in other areas of the site on my fingers, (and maybe a couple of toes, depending on how many times you post here, in this thread).

My policy of has undoubtedly served you well in your countless sales on My site, but in spite of that, here you are saying things that insinuate that I am responsible for the pricing of "those people", and Monday morning quarterbacking the owner of the site which you visit often to peddle your wares.

I typically don't get too bothered by dealings here, people have called me all kinds of things, accused me of all kinds of things, and been pretty nasty in my brief tenor here as the site administrator, but your comments strike a real chord. You are benefiting from the site, but apparently not appreciative of the work that I put into making this a great place for gun enthusiasts of all kinds to congregate.

In short, if you have a problem with the way that I am running my site, you are welcome remove your items and find the door.

I don't want this to be misconstrued as my lack of appreciation for your membership here on the forum, because I do value your membership and respect your opinion, but the value, and respect need to go both ways.

Sincerely,

"Owner"

You are absolutely right, this is why this thread exists, so that they negativity and frustration of current market conditions do not permeate throughout the forum.

My only "complaint" about the way the site is managed is that you foster the gouging by not allowing "price policing". If some gouger posts ammo on here for 25-300% more than it can CURRENTLY be bought or runs down to wally world and buys a $600 AR and immediately throws it on here for $1K or more.... that's gouging. Now are they going to affect me personally, no, I'm not going to buy from them. it's not guys like me that they screw... it's guys new to the hobby/sport that don't know any better and we're not much of a community if we can't mentor those folks and bring them into a community that watches each other's backs. Instead, many are all too happy to just bend over who ever they can to take advantage of the situation.

There's probably 7-10 super regular posters in the sale sections that are nothing more than wheeler-dealers.... These are not people who you could ever trust in a tight situation. They're not buying to enhance their "collections" their motive is single minded and it's profit at some other members expense.

I was in the Army in the 60s I know all too well what Mustangs cost at the time and none of them cost more than 10K. I bought my brand new 67 fast back with factory air for under 6K. Minimum wage was about 2 bucks an hour. and a candy bar cost 15 cents. You could buy a complete lunch at walgreens for under $2.00. So what? Prices have gone way up and so have wages. The percentage of a persons annual income to buy say a color TV has gone DOWN not up. On average we live much better now than we did then... I remember a new refrigerator costing almost a months pay.... now? No way... As to ammo costs... when you can beat the gougers to wal mart or academy you can still by US made FMJ ammo for about 35 cents a round.

The mfgs aren't raising the prices, the distrubutors and dealers are.

b747fp

Master
    Ok, so how should we monitor price gouging oh wise sage?

If something isn't listed at MSRP we delete the thread? Or if I don't agree with the price we delete the thread?

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Well kaferhaus, since you can still run to this remote magical Walmart that has all the calibers instock at cheap prices and you would never buy guns and ammo at inflated prices, then what's the big deal? You've got this big stock pile, access to more ammo, and the ability to say no thank you I'm not interested in buying at that price. Fact of life is a person can charge $3 per round of 22lr if they wanted to. Doesn't mean you have to pay that. Do you go to every gas station that sells regular unleaded for $4 per gallon complaining how they need a price policy? Have you been complaining since the 60's about ammo prices because I know they've gone up considerably since then? Unless you're just here to "vent", I fail to see what you're trying to achieve.

kaferhaus

Marksman
    No need to delete a thread... if some ass posts ammo that can be bought at Walmart for 35 cents a round for 60 cents a round, you should be able to "remind" folks that that's the actual retail price of the item.

And as you well know, only schmucks pay MSRP for anything. No dealer that I know of even asks MSRP... their price is usually 50 to a couple hundred bucks below MSRP depending on the particular gun.

Someone throws a DPMS up here for 1K when it's a Walmart $596 + tax gun.... you should be able to remind everyone that it's a $600 + tax gun.

If the profit factor is removed from them they'll stop, inventories will rise and things will be back to normal sooner rather than later. Academy restricting ammo purchases to 1 box per caliber on hard to find stuff has already substantially increased inventory.... more guys are able to buy some ammo at reasonable prices.

And it's no surprise that some of the guilty parties are the ones bitching about price policing... otherwise, why would it matter? The only people who seem to get offended are the perpetrators.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    By all means post that in someone's for sale thread! That should sort out the issue pretty quick........

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Wow at first I thought it was ignorance or just another old man stuck in his ways but now I see it's past that. You have a good day kaferhaus you obviously can't be reasoned with and brought up to speed. So with that I wish you good luck and stay safe.

SAWMAN

Master
    WATCH OUT ADMIN !!! There are members over here that are still good(GOOD!)buddies with Splitass and all them "Capt's" over on PFF. I figure they are actually smarter than the shit that they post which would not be to awfully hard............ Sooooooo.....why the hell are they posting this crappola on this thread ??? Hmmmmm ???????? --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    My only "complaint" about the way the site is managed is that you foster the gouging by not allowing "price policing". If some gouger posts ammo on here for 25-300% more than it can CURRENTLY be bought or runs down to wally world and buys a $600 AR and immediately throws it on here for $1K or more.... that's gouging. Now are they going to affect me personally, no, I'm not going to buy from them. it's not guys like me that they screw... it's guys new to the hobby/sport that don't know any better and we're not much of a community if we can't mentor those folks and bring them into a community that watches each other's backs. Instead, many are all too happy to just bend over who ever they can to take advantage of the situation.

There's probably 7-10 super regular posters in the sale sections that are nothing more than wheeler-dealers.... These are not people who you could ever trust in a tight situation. They're not buying to enhance their "collections" their motive is single minded and it's profit at some other members expense.

I was in the Army in the 60s I know all too well what Mustangs cost at the time and none of them cost more than 10K. I bought my brand new 67 fast back with factory air for under 6K. Minimum wage was about 2 bucks an hour. and a candy bar cost 15 cents. You could buy a complete lunch at walgreens for under $2.00. So what? Prices have gone way up and so have wages. The percentage of a persons annual income to buy say a color TV has gone DOWN not up. On average we live much better now than we did then... I remember a new refrigerator costing almost a months pay.... now? No way... As to ammo costs... when you can beat the gougers to wal mart or academy you can still by US made FMJ ammo for about 35 cents a round.

The mfgs aren't raising the prices, the distrubutors and dealers are.

No need to delete a thread... if some ass posts ammo that can be bought at Walmart for 35 cents a round for 60 cents a round, you should be able to "remind" folks that that's the actual retail price of the item.

And as you well know, only schmucks pay MSRP for anything. No dealer that I know of even asks MSRP... their price is usually 50 to a couple hundred bucks below MSRP depending on the particular gun.

Someone throws a DPMS up here for 1K when it's a Walmart $596 + tax gun.... you should be able to remind everyone that it's a $600 + tax gun.

If the profit factor is removed from them they'll stop, inventories will rise and things will be back to normal sooner rather than later. Academy restricting ammo purchases to 1 box per caliber on hard to find stuff has already substantially increased inventory.... more guys are able to buy some ammo at reasonable prices.

And it's no surprise that some of the guilty parties are the ones bitching about price policing... otherwise, why would it matter? The only people who seem to get offended are the perpetrators.

What you call price policing, I call a free for all in member's threads with no moderation or rules. Been there and done that, not interested in spending my time facilitating that kind of a site. The fear of ridicule from fellow members is not an effective tool in regulating prices in my experience, including sites like PFF, and it is never going to happen here.

The prices will regulate themselves based on what people are willing to pay, and it is not your place, or mine to tell people how to price items for sale.

The site rules existed prior to this panic, and will exist after this panic, I am not going to modify the way that the site is run and allow people's for sale threads to be trashed because demand increased and people are frustrated, that doesn't make sense.

The rules on this forum were created to differentiate us from the member run, mob mentality sites that we have all been a part of, and will remain intact regardless of what is getting banned, what is in demand, or whatever other circumstances occur.

The rules aren't negotiable and members don't have to like them, but when they post here, on this forum, they will be required to abide by them.

This forum was created when another forum went a direction that I didn't like. If you think you can do better, by all means have at it, there is plenty of space on the internet.

Little Jack

Master
    Kafer,

If you've got some of that $200 a case 193 laying around I'll buy whatever you've got. I'll even let you gouge me a little, call it $250 a case? :eyebrows:

Zeus

Banned For Life
    another old man stuck in his ways

Say now .... I resemble that remark ..... :spy:

ilintner, would it be a bad time to ask about getting a smiley added that is playing a violin ? :peep:

:angel:

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    No little John, we can't allow him to gouge you. We are going to have to remind him that he can walk into any Walmart in the country and get them for cheaper because they are going to have them in stock and making any amount of profit on a person to person deal is un American. Sorry man its not me its kafers rules.

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Say now .... I resemble that remark ..... :spy:

ilintner, would it be a bad time to ask about getting a smiley added that is playing a violin ? :peep:

:angel:

Lol sorry. We can't say the remark I resemble here, to much inappropriate language (if it makes you feel better haha)

Top Bottom