• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Wish I lived where you do, I hate the city would rather live at my lease! You find the time we will do it...no worries, If you were closer I would get you on the lease...I have 1 special place left!

wildrider666

Master
    So I have to say. I have been sitting on this box of 525 CCI 22lr. I have no need of anymore just to avoid taking part in all of this. My conscience tells me that tripling my money just because people will pay it is wrong. I want to sell the stuff, but it seems like selling it for the $20 it cost me over 18 months ago is just ripping myself off and asking for the $100 that people are asking on GB is ripping someone else off. I don't want to do either. But if I sold it, I would want to get what others are getting. Thus I am stuck with a box of ammo I don't need, but a clean(ish) conscience.

There have been a few family guys on here that have posted pic's of the whole Family out shooting especially the young ones with ".22". I know they also posted it was hard to get and spendy. Putting the kids out of action. Find one or two of these OLD POSTS and send them a PM. Make them a deal that will make things good for the kids. pay it forward if you will. You know it will be used and not resold and gouged.
    My 2 cents.
    WR

Poboy55

Shooter
    I agree, that is a good thought. I would hope that all of this insanity will have passed by the time my little people are old enough to take out. I guess if anyone has kids that they need to take out with some 22's, send me a pm. I am trusting in the honesty of people here on GCGF.

Viking1204

Master
    Kind of sad we have a rule against questioning a gougers price but I guess I understand why it exists. It's still sad to see more than one person on this forum selling ammo for more than twice the actually cost of it in a retail store. It's one thing to try and make a bit of profit because you are the one who found certain calibers of ammo in stock in a store when others are having a tough time but it's another thing to try and take advantage of those that are having a tougher time finding ammo. If I didn't work every day of the week and lived close to a retail store where I could check every day for overnight shipments I would buy ammo and sell it on the forum for what I had in it including a bit for gas money hoping I could help a fellow forum member out. My price wouldn't be anywhere close to twice what I paid for it. To each their own I guess.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Viking, it is amazing that is for sure, looks like we should be here to help other forum member out not the other way around. most forums I am on look down on over charging, you get a bad rep and so it is not allowed or you only try once...LOL I don't think new members only coming here to sell is worth the increasing member #'s when they never return anyway. Otherwise it is a good forum, with some good guys who post regularly.

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Viking: also not all members who charge 2x what u can buy it at Walmart for is gouging. Look online at prices of ammo. Just because you can get it for $40 At Walmart doesn't mean that's what we paid for them. Unless you know where they purchased don't assume they are taking advantage of you. I've made that mistake a time or too myself.

joe

Master
    Yea finally getting back to bitching. LOL

I thought this was starting to be the lets all share ammo thread.:grouphug:

I plan to buy all the gulp shrimp in my area so when the government trys to ban artificial bait & the panic starts I can charge double what walmart sells them for.

You better stock up on Gulp because there is also the chance of a Zombie Shrimp plaque
    or the Koreans invade & catch all the live shrimp to feed their starving nation.

Last edited:

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    Yea finally getting back to bitching. LOL

I thought this was starting to be the lets all share ammo thread.:grouphug:

I plan to buy all the gulp shrimp in my area so when the government trys to ban artificial bait & the panic starts I can charge double what walmart sells them for.

You better stock up on Gulp because there is also the chance of a Zombie Shrimp plaque
    or the Koreans invade & catch all the real shrimp to feed their starving nation.

Say it ain't so Joe
    smiliepassout.gif

Attachments

• smiliepassout.gif
      smiliepassout.gif
      15.4 KB · Views: 122

joe

Master
    Hunky it is! You Better hurry! You do not want to be without gulp Shrimp for 6 months while they ramp up production.

Warning !!! Evidently the Zombie Squirrel Plaque has already happened thats why everyone has bought all the 22s. :bolt: I have yet to see one but all the websites on the net say it's true.

You know what they say if it's on the Internet it has to be true!!!!

Last edited:

Ken232

Marksman
    You know what they say if it's on the Internet it has to be true!!!!

Bon Jour ;)

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Viking: also not all members who charge 2x what u can buy it at Walmart for is gouging. Look online at prices of ammo. Just because you can get it for $40 At Walmart doesn't mean that's what we paid for them. Unless you know where they purchased don't assume they are taking advantage of you. I've made that mistake a time or too myself.

This is an excellent point. Keep in mind that prior to this madness, Walmart had the best prices on most common calibers even after tax, unless you found a deal online.

Viking1204

Master

It's not just Walmart. I've been looking online and that's what made me post what I posted. Most online retailers when they get ammo in stock are still selling ammo for $20 in bulk quatities that I've seen on here for $50-$60. Noticed I said MOST, places like Cheaper Than Dirt have lost my business for good, they're some of the worst gougers in the online retail market.

Here you go, $19.10 for instock Federal .22 40 grain in 325 bulk pack or buy it here for about $50. If you search you'll find ammo at decent prices. Seems that this has turned into the forum to join if you want to charge double the normal retail price with one of your first posts. I'm just wondering who's buying it, I would think most on this forum would be educated not to pay the inflated prices.

http://www.lohmanarms.com/product_p/fdam22.htm

Last edited:

Poboy55

Shooter
    I will grant you that maybe some of these people actually paid more for the ammo they have listed than what u can get it or at Walmart. But u must also remember that the vast majority of people are bastard coated basterds with basterd filling. There will always be someone out to profit off of others and I doubt that if they were willing to pay such high prices for the ammo to begin with, they would be immediately turning around to sell it like that.

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    Yes I do agree about some people going out of their way to take advantage of people ( charging $500 for a complete psa lower for instance). And I do agree a 550 pack of 22's for $70+ is gouging. But if you are like me and work 60+ hours a week to come home and take care of the boy and clean house because the wife works full time on top of R.N. school, you can't sit in Walmart all freakin day waiting for a good deal. I gotta watch ammo seek and gun bot like a hawk because 22mag ammo at Natchez for $0.25 a round sells out in 33 minutes. There is no reason to b!tch and moan because someone beat you to the good deals. Just wait save your money and things Will go back to normal before the years out.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Donkey_mcwedges has said it the wayit is. I work full time, so does my wife and most of the time we are just getting by. When a good deal comes around I pick it up if I can afford at that time. I have bought ammo off of our forum here for a slightly inflated prices. Not double and triple like I have seen others but at a price I could deal with and I was thankful to pay that vs running all over town playing beat the ups/fedex truck. Some retired/self employed folks made that a new hobby. I bought my son a 10/22 for christmas. I had 1 550 round brick that he burned through in one afternoon and haven't had any since. I'll be damned if I will or can afford to pay $70 plus for a box of .22. People buying ammo and lowers as"investments" is what put us in this mess. I am happy to see ar lowers coming back down to prepanic prices and parts becoming available again. I hope those people that bought p-mags at crazy prices thinking the will get rich can eat em , maybe make a soup lol.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Get on Cabelas, Midway and others to be notified list and there is no running around, good ammo at a fair price. Rebuilt I have a brick or 2 I can let go for your son at the price I paid.

Ryan

Master
    Get on Cabelas, Midway and others to be notified list and there is no running around, good ammo at a fair price. Rebuilt I have a brick or 2 I can let go for your son at the price I paid.
    How good is there notification system? Thinking of using the link above even though they are 4-5 weeks backordered. I should have just used online that driving to all these walmarts wasting gas for nothing.

Top Bottom