• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    I have been a 1911 guy for most of my shooting days and sold my firearms when we moved to Florida in 2020 because I was stupid and didn’t know the firearms law in Florida coming from Michigan.

Decided to get back into shooting sports after my twin brother passed in May of last year. So I bought a stock H&K VP9 and loved the way it shoots.

It’s my first striker fired gun and I love the grip and the way it feels in my hand when shooting it. So I seen another two tone VP9 with a Hobbs trigger mod and night sights and decided to pick it up.

I currently use a Glock 43x for my EDC, but looking to trade it for an VP9SK model. My brother is up there laughing at me because I decided to buy something other then a 1911.

So far, I love the VP9 and also looking at a VP9 Match in the near future.

Attachments

• 3385EC5B-F31F-4515-A7C1-2FA2E887F6F9.jpeg
      3385EC5B-F31F-4515-A7C1-2FA2E887F6F9.jpeg
      880.9 KB · Views: 77
    • EA71AD4F-6F12-4FAD-97EA-A2B018830E87.jpeg
      EA71AD4F-6F12-4FAD-97EA-A2B018830E87.jpeg
      627.3 KB · Views: 83

Anangrypasta

Master
    In my humble opinion, the VP9 is the best factory 9mm service pistol out there. Something about the way it handles and shoots is absolutely perfect.

bakron1

Expert
    In my humble opinion, the VP9 is the best factory 9mm service pistol out there. Something about the way it handles and shoots is absolutely perfect.
    I don’t regret moving from the 1911 to the VP9 one bit. H&K did their homework when they designed the gun, shoots and feels great right out of the box.

I picked up a barely used VP9 a few years ago after fondling it for about 10 seconds. Just fit my hand perfectly. Had the the slide milled for a dot by JagerWerks in Kalamazoo and added a threaded barrel. Great shooter, great suppressor host. Paddle took a little getting used to, but now I think I prefer it.

Fear21

Master
    I picked up a barely used VP9 a few years ago after fondling it for about 10 seconds. Just fit my hand perfectly. Had the the slide milled for a dot by JagerWerks in Kalamazoo and added a threaded barrel. Great shooter, great suppressor host. Paddle took a little getting used to, but now I think I prefer it.

The paddle is a superior mag release design, IMO. I haven't shot a VP9 but they do feel nice in the hand for sure.

TaiKoon

Expert
    I can’t get on the VP9 wagon yet. Only because it doesn’t have a hammer ;);). I mean if it doesn’t have a Hammer is it still considered a HK?? :p:p:p I love my USPs and P30 though. Great weapon, easy to shoot and stupidly accurate. My 40 cal USP shoots softer than my other all metal 40.

bakron1

Expert
    I can’t get on the VP9 wagon yet. Only because it doesn’t have a hammer ;);). I mean if it doesn’t have a Hammer is it still considered a HK?? :p:p:p I love my USPs and P30 though. Great weapon, easy to shoot and stupidly accurate. My 40 cal USP shoots softer than my other all metal 40.
    It took me a bit of convincing me coming from a 1911 and a hammer to a striker style pistol, but now that I have been shooting primarily H&K and Glock striker fired pistols, I find I like the striker concept and I love the safety feature for my everyday carry.

TaiKoon

Expert
    It took me a bit of convincing me coming from a 1911 and a hammer to a striker style pistol, but now that I have been shooting primarily H&K and Glock striker fired pistols, I find I like the striker concept and I love the safety feature for my everyday carry.
    I’m with you on the striker pistols. I’m just saying the HK company as a whole making striker pistols. I haven’t been able to get on that wagon yet. Just like if Glock were to come out with a DA/SA hammer gun. I’m sure it’d work great. I’m just not ready personally to jump in on it because it’s a new concept.

bakron1

Expert
    I’m with you on the striker pistols. I’m just saying the HK company as a whole making striker pistols. I haven’t been able to get on that wagon yet. Just like if Glock were to come out with a DA/SA hammer gun. I’m sure it’d work great. I’m just not ready personally to jump in on it because it’s a new concept.
    Actually HK has been making striker fired pistols for a long time, I carried a P7 squeeze cocker years ago and I still say that was the best carry gun I ever owned. I would love to own a used one now, but the prices are insane for a gun they made thousands of for the german and European police forces. Not a $2500 gun, sorry. I would pay 800-900 for a nice used one I could carry daily, but I doubt, I will ever find one at that price. The VP9 is a much better shooter and I like it.

socalpig

Marksman
    Now if you could just dial in a grouping….or hit the target!

TaiKoon

Expert
    Actually HK has been making striker fired pistols for a long time, I carried a P7 squeeze cocker years ago and I still say that was the best carry gun I ever owned. I would love to own a used one now, but the prices are insane for a gun they made thousands of for the german and European police forces. Not a $2500 gun, sorry. I would pay 800-900 for a nice used one I could carry daily, but I doubt, I will ever find one at that price. The VP9 is a much better shooter and I like it.
    Yeah I forgot about those. I remember they were in contention with the Beretta and Sig to replace the 1911 for the DOD. Agreed on the ridiculous price currently. Same situation with my all time favorite gun the P210. The old Swiss version were made for the military to carry and now they’re worth $2-3k plus. I do own the rereleased P210 competition but I’d never carry those. To me a carry piece is something reliable and accurate and I only carry guns that are stock and under $650 just in case I need to use it during self defense situation and would be losing it for an extended period of time with court cases.

bakron1

Expert
    Yeah I forgot about those. I remember they were in contention with the Beretta and Sig to replace the 1911 for the DOD. Agreed on the ridiculous price currently. Same situation with my all time favorite gun the P210. The old Swiss version were made for the military to carry and now they’re worth $2-3k plus. I do own the rereleased P210 competition but I’d never carry those. To me a carry piece is something reliable and accurate and I only carry guns that are stock and under $650 just in case I need to use it during self defense situation and would be losing it for an extended period of time with court cases.
    I agree about an everyday carry, I only carry a stock factory model with night sights. My current ECG is the stock Glock 43x with factory night sights.

I loved the Glock 42 380 I was carrying, but the price and availability of 380 ammo made me go the 9mm route. I ordered IWB holster for my HK VP9 and going to start using it as my ECG.

The grip on the VP9 is superb and the thing is a tack driver and has the HK reliability.

Anangrypasta

Master
    I will say, as much as I love the VP9, the magic is absolutely lost on the VP9SK. The shorter grip completely ruins it for me, and it's still somehow massive for only holding 10-12 rounds.

bakron1

Expert
    I will say, as much as I love the VP9, the magic is absolutely lost on the VP9SK. The shorter grip completely ruins it for me, and it's still somehow massive for only holding 10-12 rounds.
    Hum, I was looking to trade my Glock 43x for a used VP9SK, but I want to shoot one first before I make the decision on trading my Glock.

I currently have two VP9 models, one is a stock black one and the other is a two tone with a Hobbs trigger mod.

I might just use the stock VP9 as my daily carry and forget the SK model. The VP9 grip and trigger are great for my big paws. Hoping to use a friends VP9SK at the range to see if I like it.

I will say the Glock 42 I was using as my ECH for being a pocket pistol fits great in my hand and is a good shooter, but as I said, the price and availability of 380 ammo has driven me to 9mm.

bakron1

Expert
    The paddle is a superior mag release design, IMO. I haven't shot a VP9 but they do feel nice in the hand for sure.
    I have actually got used to the paddle release on the VP9 over the push button style and find myself liking it.

bakron1

Expert
    I hoping to find a used VP9 Match I can trade one of my VP9’s and a Glock 43x for. I decided I want a nice range gun and I love the VP9 grip and the way it shoots. I hope I can find someone willing to make the trade.

bakron1

Expert
    Traded off my last two Glocks, my 43x and 42 for a brand new two tone VP9 today, I already had a two tone model, but decided to consolidate and stick with the H&K line of striker fired pistols.

I liked the Glocks, but the VP9 feels better in my hand and in my opinion outshoots the Glock 43x. The grip on the VP9 just fits my hand perfectly.

The only future addition for this one will be night sights.

Attachments

• CFFAE3AF-606E-4B39-B493-58537B5FDC7F.jpeg
      CFFAE3AF-606E-4B39-B493-58537B5FDC7F.jpeg
      910 KB · Views: 52

boatbum101

Marksman
    Horsetraded my way into one . Good shooter , can be made to fit one's hand & IMHO the best SAFE trigger on a striker-fired gun . This coming from an old S&W / 1911 guy . Same trigger every time unlike traditional DA/SA autos . The Canik TP9 & Walther PPQ also have sweet triggers , but IMHO are too light for social work .

bakron1

Expert
    Horsetraded my way into one . Good shooter , can be made to fit one's hand & IMHO the best SAFE trigger on a striker-fired gun . This coming from an old S&W / 1911 guy . Same trigger every time unlike traditional DA/SA autos . The Canik TP9 & Walther PPQ also have sweet triggers , but IMHO are too light for social work .
    Glad you like the VP9, I love mine as I stated, I use one of them as my EDC, enjoy your new gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom