• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper270

Master
    Take battlehawk off my list.
    They are on my other list with locked and loaded. Super cheap prices but then 30 dollar flat rate shipping. I just ordered everything I had in my cart from another supplier for cheaper, with a real shipping price of 13.99(1.96 extra for insurance).
    I agree. Those sight that have something like a roll pin or a screw you need for sub $3 and then they are like hey that’ll be $17.99 shipping. No thanks I’ll find someone who has figured out how to ship things right.

Honestly a lot of that stuff I will search Amazon for first. Usually the same quality and prime shipping or add on to the wife’s weekly orders

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    This is where primary arms and optics planet are nice. You can order a lot of little things for 6-8 bucks shipping. Sometimes a large item will make shipping to much and I'll hold off on it till another order.
    The only thing I wish is not having to enter all my info and find out the shipping is not worth the deal. Very few websites let you put in your zip code and get a shipping quote first. It's done on purpose. Get you setup and almost checked out and bring down the hammer on you.

m4a1sof

Expert
    I can advise one NOT to order from. Dack Outdoors, read the reviews on there Facebook page. Same thing as most of the complaints happened to me. They have really good prices but there's a reason, they instantly charge your credit card but then don't ship for almost a month. They must keep no inventory and only order something when they get the order. They claim the slow shipping is due to covid but that is BS. Every other company I have ordered stuff from during the pandemic has never taken more than a week from day I ordered it to day I received it.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    This is where primary arms and optics planet are nice. You can order a lot of little things for 6-8 bucks shipping. Sometimes a large item will make shipping to much and I'll hold off on it till another order.
    The only thing I wish is not having to enter all my info and find out the shipping is not worth the deal. Very few websites let you put in your zip code and get a shipping quote first. It's done on purpose. Get you setup and almost checked out and bring down the hammer on you.
    Then blow up your email with - We see you left something behind..... lol

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Galati International if you're looking for magazines. They had the sort of rare ones. (Walther P-38, Bersa, Remmington 760) Couldn't find them else where. WWW.galatiinternational.com.
    Iv used ebay for this as well, but I always feel like I'm paying a premium. :/

Grits1/5

Marksman
    I used to be a loyal customer of optics planet for years, but I refuse to use them now because of their shady business practices. I bought a 1000rd case of M855 from them almost 18 months ago, when ammo prices first started going crazy. The expected ship time was 2 months. Every few months, they keep pushing back the shipping date. They have been selling and shipping the same ammo now for the last year, but for a higher price than what I bought mine at. So they are pretty much refusing to fill my order until prices go back down. I could have bought elsewhere at the time, for the same price, but I ordered from optics planet because I was ordering other stuff from them at the same time. They even charged my card for it, because of a “glitch in their system”. So optics planet lost a long time customer.

M60Gunner

Master
    I used to be a loyal customer of optics planet for years, but I refuse to use them now because of their shady business practices. I bought a 1000rd case of M855 from them almost 18 months ago, when ammo prices first started going crazy. The expected ship time was 2 months. Every few months, they keep pushing back the shipping date. They have been selling and shipping the same ammo now for the last year, but for a higher price than what I bought mine at. So they are pretty much refusing to fill my order until prices go back down. I could have bought elsewhere at the time, for the same price, but I ordered from optics planet because I was ordering other stuff from them at the same time. They even charged my card for it, because of a “glitch in their system”. So optics planet lost a long time customer.
    Talk to your bank. Had something similar and my bank reversed the charges for me.

jugdish

Expert
    Then blow up your email with - We see you left something behind..... lol

Very few websites let you put in your zip code and get a shipping quote first. It's done on purpose. Get you setup and almost checked out and bring down the hammer on you.
    I have a standard fake name/email/shipping address that is close to my own with the correct zip code for this reason. It is a pain but it makes me feel better and less spam.

Deersniper270

Master
    Optics Planet never got my business when I found out they were “selling” items on their site that were not in inventory. Then they would keep saying oh shipping delay this and that. Fact of the matter was their site had it listed but they essentially were waiting for you to order and pay before they even ordered it themselves. No thanks

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I have a standard fake name/email/shipping address that is close to my own with the correct zip code for this reason. It is a pain but it makes me feel better and less spam.
    How does that work with the credit card?

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Interesting and disturbing comments about Optics Planet. I've been ordering from them for years (received an order just a couple days ago) and have never had a problem.

drc2777

Expert
    Long gun/pistol purchases online have generally been through Gunsamerica

Accessories, most have been through Ebay vendors

Ammo, Alamo Ammo out of TX

FNHman

Marksman
    A few that I have not seen listed but are worth adding

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I'll pass on battlehawk as I mentioned earlier.
    I had 5 Glock mags and 6 AK mags in my cart along with an optics mount. Shipping was 30 dollars flat rate.
    I went to another website and ordered the exact se thing for 13.99 shipping. Rubs me the wrong way with over priced shipping

jugdish

Expert
    How does that work with the credit card?
    I only do this to the point in the checkout process where they will show the shipping rate, before payment. If the rate is good then I will back out and use my real information to complete the purchase. That is why it is a hassle but I have found that anytime you enter your email, regardless of purchasing anything, they have it and will spam you.

.22 cents

Master

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    What websites offer PayPal checkout? I've got 300 to burn from my credit card points. Some do, but I can't recall.

Top Bottom