• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeSICC88

Master
    Ordering the rest of the stuff to finish up a rifle and I'm thinking of buying a stainless muzzle device, I am wondering if they will change colors from the heat and thought that might look pretty awesome after some time. Couldn't find anything on line that shows pictures, anybody have any experience with them?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Ordering the rest of the stuff to finish up a rifle and I'm thinking of buying a stainless muzzle device, I am wondering if they will change colors from the heat and thought that might look pretty awesome after some time. Couldn't find anything on line that shows pictures, anybody have any experience with them?

I had a brushed stainless comp for about a week. I didn't like the way it made the muzzle move, so I got rid of it. I think I put 50 or 60 shots through it and it just got dirty. It didn't change colors, from what I could tell.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I've got some CGW parts on the way to get my Shadow in competition ready shape. They're supposed to be delivered today. I also ordered a handful of things from Midway.

I got a Boyds Tacticool stock for my Savage MK II FV-SR, so I might put it on tonight and see if the 50mm scope I want to put on it will be too high to use comfortably. I also need to do another one of my $30 AR trigger jobs to show a friend.

I bought 2 bolt action 7mm Rem Mag rifles in about a week's time a few weeks ago. Now I've decided I want to eventually go a different route, so those will be going up for sale pretty soon. The "Jungle Ready" Rem 700 is one of them, but I need to finish cleaning off all of the "Jungle" first....

Always too much to do and not enough time to do it!

madeSICC88

Master
    Ahh dang, I might try one of the cheap ones on amazon and just see if it will do anything after a few hundred rounds.

Skippy02

Marksman
    1b9dfcf8ac5285d006c75d9ffc45405d.jpg

I picked up my wife's birthday gift from master sensei kydex bender

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Well guys, the brown truck came at noon today delivering the long awaited Vietnam Era M16 Training Rifle, aka "Rubber Duck". You has visible signs of a lot of use as you will see by the pictures. The Teardrop FA has been damaged from use and abuse. The "dummy" polymer lower is permanently attached to the Colt "C K" marked upper. It has an early flat square head port door. From all indications, this really looks more like a XM16E1 training rifle than it does an M16A1 training rifle. The charging handle does move in and out. The "D" stock and handguards are in really good shape. Anyhow, I am really happy to have this.

And the bayonet that came with it.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor

I had a stainless from Ross Schuler, it would get the soot from the powder, but that would wipe off with some brake clean/carb cleaner.

Doc

poff09

Marksman
    Wish I coulda gone with u..the only thing I have time and money for anymore is window shopping..went to jims (where they are probably sick of seeing me since I don't buy anything)..saw and fondled a bunch of guns I've seen 100 times but it never gets old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy02

Marksman
    Did some work on my dads new Bersa to modify its mag disconnect and cleaned, lubed and made ready my rifle for this coming weekend

Jeff

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Loaded up some rounds for an OCW test Saturday. Used 4064 and 178amax along with LC brass and federal LRP. See how it goes. Loaded them from 41.0-43.5 grains in .5gr increments.

Doc

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    DIP inc. sent the wrong bottom metal with the Boyd's stock kit for my MK II, so I had to call yesterday. They were really nice about it and have already shipped the correct piece, but it's still a hassle.

Depending on the weather, I'd like to hit the range for a few minutes this afternoon to test fire my Shadow after I put a bunch of Cajun parts in it. This weekend's weather is still up in the air, so I don't know if I'll get to shoot any matches, but I'd like to know if the thing is going to fire.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Question?? With a bullet laser boresighter is there a way to check or boresight a Glock? The laser will not chamber as I thought it would so the barrel angle is still a bit high. OR are these only good in rifles??

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Question?? With a bullet laser boresighter is there a way to check or boresight a Glock? The laser will not chamber as I thought it would so the barrel angle is still a bit high. OR are these only good in rifles??

You could probably use one that sticks in the muzzle of a rifle, but finding a bushing that fits tight might be tricky. You could wrap tape around the stem to get it kinda close....

Do you mind me asking why you're trying to bore-sight a Glock?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You could probably use one that sticks in the muzzle of a rifle, but finding a bushing that fits tight might be tricky. You could wrap tape around the stem to get it kinda close....

Do you mind me asking why you're trying to bore-sight a Glock?

I just happen to have a 9mm, 223, and 6.8 bullet boresighters and thought why not but it will not allow the slide to completely close to level the barrel in the Glock. I have a guiderod laser and just wanted to see how close it was to the bore...I was bored and stuck it in there to see.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I just happen to have a 9mm, 223, and 6.8 bullet boresighters and thought why not but it will not allow the slide to completely close to level the barrel in the Glock. I have a guiderod laser and just wanted to see how close it was to the bore...I was bored and stuck it in there to see.

Ah. Do you have a 9mm chamber gauge you can drop it in?

I have a couple of those cheap 223 bullet-shaped lasers and I have to really slam the bolt home to get the solidly in the chamber. You can try that with the glock (use the slide release), but be prepared to punch it out of the chamber with a rod.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    nope just the bullet boresighter and not concerned enough to damage the Glock or the laser bullet. I am guessing it would work for any 9mm carbine. Sure saves time at the range and brass to sight in. If I have a caliber you need I can loan them out, a bubble envelope should safely mail them.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Frank I'm in Foley and have a 9mm laser bore sighter that if your near by can slap in

Jeff

Khaot1c

Marksman
    I ordered a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee "Overland" today to help me tote my guns to far away matches :) It should be here just in time for the next sanctioned GSSF match.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Frank I'm in Foley and have a 9mm laser bore sighter that if your near by can slap in

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I did not really need it was just curious and wanted the bullet to work.

Top Bottom